PDA

View Full Version : Tips on defeating Sebastian...

Apocrypha Roxy
12th Aug 2002, 02:27
I'm in the Industrial Quarter, and I've met up with Sebastian for the final showdown. Apparently there are vents at the side of the room that emit steam in a timed fashion, and after that Sebastion sprints along the side of the walls.

Somehow I finished him off for the first part, but I don't know how I did it (I did burn him, though, and myself in the process) and how to bring him down for good.

Any tips?

Azrael
12th Aug 2002, 02:48
To defeat Sebastian you will need to do this:

When he starts running around the walls. Hear you'll want to continuously move counter clockwise with your camera pointing inward. Counter clockwise because the steam moves that way as well and you don't want that to kill you huh?
Anyways every time you see Sebastian stop on the wall, line him and the center purple hurricane stuff together in your line of sight and he'll jump into it trying to attack you, after he misses a couple of times he'll try to destroy the nexus stone. Jump up on the platform and charm his friend in the control booth. Have him pull the switch on the right to fill the chamber with steam forcing Sebastian to fight like he first did. Anyways here just fight him like
you did in the first place till he's dead. Afterwards you get the dark gift berserk.

Have fun. :)

Umah Bloodomen
12th Aug 2002, 03:03
Roxy, you may want to refer to this thread on future problems you may have with bosses.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3790

I compiled it today to make it easier for people to gather the information they need if there is no one around to help out.

I asked Chris to make it a "sticky" topic, but haven't heard back from him yet.

:p [wink smiley omitted because it may be construed as "sad" and/or "pathetic"]

L_Master562
12th Aug 2002, 06:23
Didn't see them.

CyberFish
13th Aug 2002, 20:45
When you fight him on the small platform, he doesn't have enough space to jump back from your attacks. Use this advantage to grab him by the throat and fling him off the platform into the steam jets at the bottom of the room. It's a nice trick.

Rbrutal
14th Aug 2002, 13:57
DONT THINK THIS IS A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM. I AM IN YOUR SAME SITUATION. PLEASE IF YOU RECEIVE A TIP SEND ME THE ANSWER. I WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU. THANX. (Rbrutal@yahoo.com)

CyberFish
14th Aug 2002, 14:12
*CyberFish slaps Rbrutal about with a large sign saying "caps lock off"*

Apocrypha Roxy
15th Aug 2002, 20:41
Hehehe...

Is there a PS2 cheat (as much as I hate to ask this - cheating is not my style) to increase my blood level, as it decreases horribly while I deal with Mr. Botched Tracheotomy? That would really help...

Hey, RBrutal - easy on the caps, and welcome to the forum! :)

ranga983
31st Aug 2002, 11:28
Hey i need help again. I'm in chapter elven(Hylden city) 15%. I am stuck in th place, where i have to make the hole on wall. I alrady had charmed th man in room upstairs to open the door of the creature & then killed the creatur using th machine in room. Then i blasted thje glypth baterry(what ever) focussing the beem. Thn i went in to the room(through hole) & charmd the man in room across to shut down the water pool. Then pushed th box in ground to place where ther's a brake in the fence(upper level). Then got the human to put water back to room. Then i jumped to the box. Now comes the problem, i can't jump to the upper level. I can't get a target(you know time i get puple, to indicate that i can jump) up there. So what to do here? How can i go to upper level of that room?

ranga983
31st Aug 2002, 11:31
Will you tell me how to post a picture as a signature? Like you had done. hank you.

Vampmaster
31st Aug 2002, 13:07
The objects in BO2 sometimes look further away than they are. Try (slowly) moving the curser back towards you. Make sure there's nothing in the way, because it won't let you target if there is.

garbagefanuk
31st Aug 2002, 18:44
I think i know where u are mate. Right u blast a ho,e in the wall, run up to it and into the hole on the floor, charm the man to lower the water. on the right will be a little kinda paddle that moves when u raise the water. u need to block a damn thing so the water doesn't flood back into the room and raise the water again so the lift thingy moves. just mess around with taking the guy over and throwing every switch u can find :) like i did :D and to beat sebastion. i gfound the ebst way is to grab hi and throw him into the steam or if u have the cheat to get thwe soul reaver grab him and impale him on it. does s**t loads of damage. every boss has been easy cos i on my second time thru and i just wanted to play with the reaver. Its looks so mint when u get a weapon power up box and see the power flowing over the reaver when u have it drawn :D

AmranX
1st Sep 2002, 08:32
There seems to be a bug with the Sebastian fight. I had gotten killed while attempting to defeat him and i left the room for a while. When I came back he was just standing on the side getting blasted by the steam. I tried twice more and it seems that if you kill your self then don't touch the controler at all when you respawn he'll just walk to the side and get killed by steam after a few min. Not sure if this works on other versions as well (I was playing the XBox ver)

garbagefanuk
1st Sep 2002, 18:17
Yeah i heard this worked on the PS2 version as well when i was stuck on him my first time. If u leave the pad for like 5-10 mins he just dies, was a strange bug :confused: