PDA

View Full Version : Malek in SR1?!?

Tidus of Zanarkand
12th Aug 2002, 00:45
I am very confused or have been led astray.

i have this little pocket gudie that i received witha magazine. I has a walkthrough for SR1.

I claims that the vampire you fightin the sarafan tomb to gain the projectile power is Malek. THis seems very very wrong to me.

can someone explain who this vampire is because i am pretty sure it ain't malek.

Umah Bloodomen
12th Aug 2002, 00:51
It is wrong. The boss you battle in the Tomb of the Sarafan is the "Morlock" boss. (Who was actually supposed to be Turel until they changed the game around and cut Turel out completely).

Malek does not make an appearance in SR1 other than his name appearing on one of the tombs within the Tomb of the Sarafan.

For more information regarding "Morlock" and other cut material from the LOK Series, check out Blincoln's site:

Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds (http://www.peak.sfu.ca/~blincoln/lok/)

Tidus of Zanarkand
12th Aug 2002, 00:56
thank you Umah for your very speedy response.

i thought taht the guide was wrong becsaue malek's body is gone and that means he could not be resurreected as a vampire the sam eway that all the vampire generals were

Umah Bloodomen
12th Aug 2002, 01:03
You're very welcome Tidus. :)

I often find little mistakes in walkthroughs myself, Prima guides are the greatest because half the time they confuse themselves. LOL :p

Azrael
12th Aug 2002, 01:06
Posted by Tidus of Zanarkand:
i thought taht the guide was wrong becsaue malek's body is gone and that means he could not be resurreected as a vampire the sam eway that all the vampire generals were

Tidus, you don't see a tomb for Malek in SR1 because (the theory part) when the Sarafan Brethren died (as we see in SR2) they were entombed, and Malek was "cursed" by being fused to his armor and thus walk as a big rusty armor :D over 400 years, until got defeated by Vorador at the Dark Eden... so that's the reason there's no tomb for him, only a memorial.

Umah Bloodomen
12th Aug 2002, 01:11
I still think he could be in there. :p

I'll look that thread up and post a link for you Tidus. :)

Azrael
12th Aug 2002, 01:24
Here's the thread:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1170&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

We started to talk about it at the end, i think...
Oh and the pics links don't work anymore.

Tidus of Zanarkand
12th Aug 2002, 02:33
i noticed when listening to the Turel reconstruction of dialogue that his ines are practically the same as morlock's. I guess they must haev come closs to gettin turel in there if they have his lines recorder.

i thought that what morlock said and what raziel said ot hima bout being a guard dog didn't make sense. int ehturel scenario it does.

Umah Bloodomen
12th Aug 2002, 02:37
Originally posted by Tidus of Zanarkand
i noticed when listening to the Turel reconstruction of dialogue that his ines are practically the same as morlock's. I guess they must haev come closs to gettin turel in there if they have his lines recorder.

i thought that what morlock said and what raziel said ot hima bout being a guard dog didn't make sense. int ehturel scenario it does.

As I said, Turel was originally supposed to be in the game, what became "Morlock" was Turel. (Hence why the dialogue was similar) They simply changed it around and "Morlock" became his own entity and Turel thus eluded Raziel...for now.

keepittrue
12th Aug 2002, 09:15
Originally posted by Azrael

Tidus, you don't see a tomb for Malek in SR1 because (the theory part) when the Sarafan Brethren died (as we see in SR2) they were entombed, and Malek was "cursed" by being fused to his armor and thus walk as a big rusty armor :D over 400 years, until got defeated by Vorador at the Dark Eden... so that's the reason there's no tomb for him, only a memorial.

Malek does have a tomb.

Serul
12th Aug 2002, 09:33
Yep, there is a tomb for Malek in the room with all the other tombs. Actually the first time I came there I was like..."Raziel, Turel, Melchiah, Zephon, Rahab, Dumah, Malek... Malek???" I thought by myself... "who is this Malek guy?". I hadn't played BO1 before mind you. So I was a little confused :D

Sarxis
16th Aug 2002, 15:57
I didn't know who Malek was either, since I had first played SR1 before BO1.

Which, btw, is a great way to play the series (SR1->BO1), cause you REALLY appreciate the storyline then.

darien_specter
16th Aug 2002, 18:33
That's how I played it too, and I have to agree... :D