PDA

View Full Version : anybody know how to make sitting ai?

amievil?
12th Aug 2002, 00:11
i pose the question :) if anyone knows how let me know.

edit: i found a demo that shows how to do this for d1 its on shadowspawns web page.

Telliamed_
12th Aug 2002, 07:34
In D2 it is a matter of adding: "MetaProperty\AI_Behaviors\AI_B_Gen\M-SittingDown"

Lytha
12th Aug 2002, 08:06
Metaproperty -> AI_Behaviour -> AI_B_Gen -> M-SittingDown

oops, Telliamed was faster. :)

Zaccheus
12th Aug 2002, 08:23
Here's a tutorial:
Sitting AI (http://www.thief-thecircle.com/dromed/displaysubject.asp?titleID=180&title=Sitting&sub=AI)

Lytha
12th Aug 2002, 11:26
Hm, that looks like it's for Thief 1/Gold... and shouldn't be there a "save your gamesys"...?

Just use the metaproperty in Thief 2, that has even an "remove metaproperty" as alert response included. Then he stands up when he is in alert#1 (by default, you can modify that, I guess). :)

Zaccheus
12th Aug 2002, 12:28
Originally posted by Lytha
... and shouldn't be there a "save your gamesys"...?

I was wondering the same thing.
:)

I think the gamesys always changes if you add a new type, or if you modify an object's property, but not if you add a property to an object.
So, yes, you would need to safe the gamesys.

schwaa
12th Aug 2002, 17:13
You don't need to save the gamesys ifyou change props on a concrete objects. (####)

Only if you change props in the object hiearchy (-####) or add new objects.

Lytha
12th Aug 2002, 17:19
Yep. But in the tutorial, he is making a new metaprop - and he doesn't save the gamesys. That's a bit fishy, IMHO.

Zaccheus
12th Aug 2002, 22:44
Originally posted by schwaa
You don't need to save the gamesys ifyou change props on a concrete objects. (####)

Only if you change props in the object hiearchy (-####) or add new objects.

In my mission TRC v1, I changed the scull of St.Yora to be non-frobbable, but after re-loading it was frobbable again.
Only way to change it was to add a new frobb property.

Lytha
13th Aug 2002, 00:22
That's weird... I'm working a lot with skulls and with engine features -> frobinfo, and I never had problems with that. Are you sure that you modified the frobinfo of the skull, not of the archetype accidentally?

amievil?
13th Aug 2002, 02:14
failed to mention i am using gold :D

i havent tried it yet, the demo i d/led contains a sitting.gam file so i assume you have to save the gamesys. but in that tut, he doesnt say to save it.....

as far as frob info goes, ive made so many objects non frobbable and never had a prob. i always select the object and then go to engine features- frob info and set it to none. works for me.

haha ill be glad when im done with this level so i can bury dromed 1 forever :D

Zaccheus
13th Aug 2002, 12:39
That is strange.

What I do now is to add a frob info to the object and set that instead. Works just fine.

amievil?
14th Aug 2002, 00:26
i got the sitting ai to work without saving the gamesys for d1. all i did was add new metaprop Sitting, then go into the ai's properties and add all the rest. works just fine, i saved and opened it again and he's still sitting. probably dont have to save the gamesys becuase you edit the ai, not the whole set of that ai.

Zaccheus
14th Aug 2002, 13:07
Cool !