PDA

View Full Version : Question about Thievery

RicknMel
11th Aug 2002, 23:31
Sorry, this might be a dumb question, but it's been a really long weekend and right now I just don't feel like searching for an answer.........

I ordered UT, and it came this weekend while I was gone.
But they screwed up and sent me "Game of the Year Edition". Which costs twice as much. But the bill and the paperwork is all for the regular UT. I think I remember reading that that won't work for Thievery. Is that true???

I already sent a complaint email to them...but before I have to answer their reply (prolly tommorrow?)....I wanted to get my facts straight.

Thanks

LeatherMan
12th Aug 2002, 00:02
No problemo!

The GOTY edition is the same as the regular version but with the patches included on the disks as well as the ChaosUT mod already installed.

See you soon in TUT!

LeatherMan

Vesper
12th Aug 2002, 00:24
Yeah Rick,

I'm using the GOTY edition and works just fine. Saved me alot of time DL'ing all the patches and stuff off the net cuz it all comes with it.

Now if they only would have put a real game manual in it instead of that darn PDF file stuff, I would be a real happy camper.

Oops.......... guess I'm not suposed to say "happy camper" :p ........Some folks don't like it when you camp in Thievery.

Vesper ;)

Huntress
12th Aug 2002, 04:24
fine...although I did use the last add/patch #4 just to make sure everything was A OK... :D Just make sure to install patch for Thievery also though to bring it to ver. 1.1 till the new patch gets released sometime or other fairly soon I think. You will probably experience some desktop crashes, etc. when finally getting hooked up as it does have some gliches, etc. So just restart game and reconnect...and bear with it till new patch comes out and hopefully will have fixes that will make it more stable for us all. Some of us have more problems than others for whatever reasons...but when you get on-line with us and check it out, I'm sure you'll be generally pleased with it and will find some good fun too :) See ya later Taffer. Ta and Good Hunting!

Sneak
12th Aug 2002, 05:16
Yep, UT Game of the Year works fine. Thats the one I have too. :)

RicknMel
12th Aug 2002, 23:11
Thanks

I installed it a little while ago. It never asked for CD#2 though. :confused:
Oh well, it seems to work OK.

Now I'm off to do some searching about this Thievery thang. Maybe I'll see you taffers soon. :)

Huntress
12th Aug 2002, 23:19
the UT disk to play either one...UT or Thievery...Thievery has it's own shortcut and must be used to play...Start/Programs/Play Thievery. It won't work otherwise. :) However, only LM's server can be found when he has it up and running as it is not a dedicated server as yet. You could join other servers if there's room and spectate a bit to see what it's all about some for an overview :) Ta and Good Hunting!

LeatherMan
13th Aug 2002, 01:22
Originally posted by RicknMel
Thanks

I installed it a little while ago. It never asked for CD#2 though. :confused:
Oh well, it seems to work OK. CD #2 contains compressed textures.

If your graphics card can handle these compressed textures, copy them to your ~\UnrealTourney\Textures folder. It may cause a performance hit but will look great.

Huntress
13th Aug 2002, 03:24
Disk two for textures??? I can't remember now since it's been awhile since I did my installation...but wouldn't it ask for both at that time? Nothing different was offered as an option that I can recall...but then my memory isn't the greatest anyway. But normally as you know when you have a two disk set it usually asks for both? So am I missing something somewhere...how to I tell the difference. What would my folder be showing for textures to let me know if I've got the same thing your talking about? Inquiring minds want to know, LOL Ta and Good Hunting!

LeatherMan
13th Aug 2002, 06:20
Here you go Huntress:

CD 2 Info (http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/UTFAQ/index.shtml#What3)

PS, CD 2 also contains UnrealEd