PDA

View Full Version : Lack of forum updates.

KainSyndrome101
11th Aug 2002, 16:53
Is it just me, or is this forum slowing down on the post rate? I mean like, when we still had the old forum, there were tons of posts everyday, probably because of the hype about SR2 and BO2, or maybe because everybody wasn't on vacation when school was in session. Sadly, that is not the case with the new forum.

Hopefully, it's because there's practically no info on SR3. Maybe when they release some, we'll get back to our regular long, detailed discussions, hmmmm...?

Jeffers
11th Aug 2002, 17:12
I aggree with you.

A lot of what we could have talked about is now talked about and in a way, old news.

All we need now is some new little scrap of information, then we could tare it to shreads in speculation.

Jeffers.

dago
11th Aug 2002, 17:26
this place was pacing it...but it slowed down all of a sudden...

darien_specter
11th Aug 2002, 18:38
I think the initial burst of discussion was partly people reposting old threads that they thought were interesting, and people who hadn't been here then getting a chance to discuss them... but now, it's beginning to seem like there's nothing left but people needing help and the weekly "when is SR3 coming out/what should be in SR3" by someone who just finished SR2, and half the posts start degenerating into sexual innuendo before anyone knows what happening... very sad. And I'm afraid that one tidbit would just fire everyone up for a week at most, and then it would be back to this...

Sarah
11th Aug 2002, 19:02
A lot of different factors: It's summer, there is no new news about the LoK series(I'm guessing things will pick up in October)...I know I haven't really been posting because:1] it's hot, 2] I have been doing some other things(work, creative stuff, etc.), and the major one 3] I don't really want to speculate on anything until after I have played SR3, as most of the questions I have will be answered in "time". I am very glad of the "no new SR3 news", simply because I want the team to just concentrate and work on the game without a ton of hassle. E3 2003 isn't too far away, so I will just wait until then.

Rook
11th Aug 2002, 19:13
Originally posted by darien_specter
and half the posts start degenerating into sexual innuendo before anyone knows what happening... very sad.

Heh, glad I'm not the only one that thinks that's a rather pathetic waste of a perfectly good game forum. I mean, I can understand a little of that, but Jeez...

Azuriel
11th Aug 2002, 20:16
Originally posted by Rook

Heh, glad I'm not the only one that thinks that's a rather pathetic waste of a perfectly good game forum. I mean, I can understand a little of that, but Jeez...

my thoughts exactly

darien_specter
12th Aug 2002, 01:06
Amen, Sarah! In that spirit, I hope that they take all the time they need to finish it, no matter how much whining goes up from wherever. If it takes a long time, so be it! Just make it the best one yet...

Power reaver
12th Aug 2002, 14:56
And I have a good feeling it will be the best one yet , we just need to keep discussing about gameplay issues , cause thats where the main problem arises , its where the story bit of gamers and the gameplay bit of gamers saparate . SR and SR2 had great gameplay according to me but there are others who d like to differ and also try and make the cutscenes skipable cause some people get board listening to them (and a know a few who got rid of the demo just because the intro was too long and unskipable) . There are people out there who dont care about stories and LOK has great gameplay (Better than TR who everybody keeps praising) and we need to bring that to light .

OK Iam done with my speech here , dull updates kinda does stuff to ya :rolleyes:

KainSyndrome101
12th Aug 2002, 21:06
Yeah, it probably is a good idea to not give any info for a few months. But until then, all we can do is wait for the least bit of info, and I'm sure that little piece of info will get this forum going again.

darien_specter
12th Aug 2002, 21:13
Umah, if you don't like the comments about the overabundance of innuendo on the forum, THIS is the place to respond. Right here. Where that is precisely the topic that is being discussed. Where ALL of us who feel that way can see it. We don't mind. We won't be hurt. Those are the principles of open debate in a setting such as this. In fact, we welcome the reply. Give us your reasons. Make a spirited defense, and everyone can say, "Ah," and be satisfied. But don't just go and throw these little sarcastic jabs in other threads, causing them to be thrown off-topic. Come HERE. And reply. And then there will be an end to this, and we can all go home. Okay?

Azuriel
12th Aug 2002, 21:21
Ah

*satisfied*

willow
12th Aug 2002, 21:23
Originally posted by KainSyndrome101
Is it just me, or is this forum slowing down on the post rate?
This is because I no longer find any of you worthy of my time and effort. I am the light of this forum and everything revolves around me.

Azuriel
12th Aug 2002, 21:28
lol

the center of the universe has left the building!

darien_specter
12th Aug 2002, 23:32
:eek: WOW. This is almost funny... I fail to see how I or anyone insulted you or anyone. I fail to see how I was (and this is a real gem) "throwing insults and keeping your opinions to yourself rather than be independent and speak your mind". I should think that it was the latter that got you so bent out of shape in the first place. And you're lecturing me on maturity? What did I possibly do that was immature? I made a comment, open and explicitly, gave my opinion, and left it at that, until you started shooting these little petulant jabs about "wink smilie ommitted because it might be construed as sad and/or pathetic". To which I attempted to respond in a manner that was intended to get across to you that it was a comment, not directed at any one person in particular. And in the last comment, after being called, along with these others who "independantly spoke their minds," a persecutor (please note that all I did was express astonishment at the use of the term, far from claiming it uniquely to myself), I challenged you to bring your complaint into the open. And at the last, I fail to see how I "proved [your] point;" at the moment, I fail to SEE your point.

All I did was make a comment, not directed at anyone in particular, but rather a statement about the general direction of the board. Apparently, I was not alone in my opinion. The fact that it is my opinion does not make it gospel truth; all it is is MY opinion, on the boards, not on a person. And then you started with the little smart cracks about smilies (rather than "speak your mind"), because for some reason you took it as a personal insult. Had I wanted to do that, I would have said something like "Umah, quit drooling all over the place." Since it would have been very tongue-in-cheek, said statement would have included a :p. Howsomever, I did no such thing, so I am still somewhat in the dark as to how we have collectively reached this point. I believe what we have here is a classic misunderstanding. I hope you'll see it that way, too, so that we can all get on with our lives, and hopefully get back soon to some meaningful discussion...

P.S. - Willow, thanks for the attempt at levity... :D such a thing should not have needed to be explained as a joke - is that where we are now?

KainSyndrome101
13th Aug 2002, 00:20
Now look what I've started.

willow
13th Aug 2002, 00:30
Originally posted by darien_specter
P.S. - Willow, thanks for the attempt at levity... :D such a thing should not have needed to be explained as a joke - is that where we are now?
Well I really didn't want to have to go through the rather arduous task of having to explain myself to someone who may not have picked up on that the comment was in jest. ;)

Azrael
13th Aug 2002, 00:52
Posted by darien:
...I fail to see how I or anyone insulted you or anyone...

Maybe you failed this one...

Posted by darien:
...and half the posts start degenerating into sexual innuendo before anyone knows what happening... very sad...

That's a good thought(it maked me laugh when i first read it), and why do i sense somehow this was directed a bit to me? It was because of the thread "Happy Birthday Mordred ..." thread? Huh-oh, after all the "cap went straight trought on me", so cut my head off (very much sarcasm here)

Posted by darien:
...little petulant jabs about "wink smilie ommitted because it might be construed as sad and/or pathetic".

Since "you"(speaking in geral, in other words, the ones who don't like it) didn't like the "wink" smile because it looks like a "sexual innuendo", don't take me wrong on this but "you"(as in geral) look like the "fanatical church worshippers" which everything is a sin... (sarcasm again)

Posted by darien:
...it was a comment, not directed at any one person in particular...

Well like i said before, "the cap it somehow suited me", and it looks like Umah didn't like it too...

Posted by darien:
...I challenged you to bring your complaint into the open...

And she accepted the challenge...

Posted by darien:
All I did was make a comment, not directed at anyone in particular, but rather a statement about the general direction of the board. Apparently, I was not alone in my opinion. The fact that it is my opinion does not make it gospel truth; all it is is MY opinion, on the boards, not on a person.

You have your opinion and others have their, and she (Umah) isn't alone on her opinion... And btw, what do you mean by "general direction of the board"?

Posted by darien:
I believe what we have here is a classic misunderstanding.

Do you think so? But why i don't feel the same way as you do?

Posted by darien:
...so that we can all get on with our lives, and hopefully get back soon to some meaningful discussion...

On this i have to agree with you, i hate this things.

And another thing that "i fail to see", why do you get that worried about Umah's "wink" statement? I SEE that the "cap" didn't only suited me after all...heh?

~note:im sorry for my sarcasms on this post, and i could have this post done 20 minutes ago, but the bathroom called me :p

darien_specter
13th Aug 2002, 01:22
... and only because I'm tired of being misinterpreted: I do not, nor did I in my statement, nor have I ever had anything against a bit of judicious flirting or the now-infamous "wink smilie." If you hunt, you'll find a few salty comments I've tossed hither and yon. I use the wink smilie fairly often, though I prefer the big grin and the "razz." For the umpteenth time, my complaint is that so many posts end up being little more than that. Must I be this detailed? Let me spell it out then: My only objection is that it drags the threads off-topic, such that the original point of the thread is lost among a few people trading remarks, and that this is becoming more and more common as there is less and less to discuss.

I certainly concede, Az, that the "wink omitted" bit got me more fired up than was probably necessary... :o what can I say? I think it just bugged me that what I said was so misinterpreted, and that all we got from it was this hurt, petulant little constant shot. Probably also that I asked what was going on (as did warp) and no one would answer. I don't know. The fire was certainly fed afterwards... But obviously I just said in the last thread that it was just my opinion, which leaves implicit that others obviously have different opinions, and isn't that what makes democracy great? (Or something like that. :p) Again, I have no problems with the wink smilie, or with innuendo here and there. I miss the deep discussion, and I don't like threads going off-topic into these extended bits. That's all.

kain, sorry about ruining your thread. You didn't start it, apparently I did by registering my opinion. I'll take the heat on this one... :)

EDIT: forgot my tags again... *sigh*