PDA

View Full Version : Modding Help

TigerFrog
10th Aug 2002, 20:16
I am having problems understanding what "<groupno>" is in commands such as "place_peep <peep_type> [criminal] (resident | assassin | saboteur | convict) [loyalty <value>] [skill <value>] [dedication <value>] [mood <mood_type> <value>] (<x y> <deck> <angle> | <groupno>" In the guide it says "Groupno is 1-31, and can only be used with peeps arriving via the port (no location settings). Peeps always belong to group zero". I need to know what this means because other groups are reffered to in the following commands:
[I]Array Resident_Count 2 ;how many residents are currently in group 2
Array CuredSoFar 0 ;how many curings so far, regardless of group
Array ArrivalsSoFar 5 ;how many arrivals via the port of group 5 peeps
Array DeparturesSoFar 3 ;how many departures so far via the port of group 3 peeps
Array DeathsSoFar 1 ;how many peeps in group one have died

i don't understand what groups are and why things are put into different groups and what effect it has on the command result?

Startopiafrance
10th Aug 2002, 22:46
Welcome to here (Sector Zeta-Plural MkII, I think), TigerFrog!
Nice to meet you..

I don't have answer (sorry) for your question, I am not a modder...

kool_kats_rule
11th Aug 2002, 14:20
Maybe it's like when you accept an ambulance shuttle. Those peeps are different to normal peeps.

DMA57361
11th Aug 2002, 21:26
Oh, Oh! I can (try to) show off my modding (they're here somewhere) skills.

Normal peeps that come on are in group 0.

Peeps that are brought on by a script MIGHT be given a group. For example, in your mod you could set it to bring some attackers on (sabatours for eg) all in group 4.

Then later you can do a count DeathsSoFar 4 to see if the player has managed to kill them all yet. Or cured them if it is for medical emergancys, (which is how the default scripts work, check them out - lots of good info in there).

Hope that helps!

Sephiroth110
11th Aug 2002, 23:52
ooo, so thats how the shuttles give you the extra 10000 E, hmm, could be helpful for another mod.

"thank you for cureing all the peeps, we think outside the box, so instead of 10000 E we will send 10000 skrashers"

ahh yes, now to implement my mod onto all of the startopia players in the world MWAHAHAHA... i've been around ghyron too much.

TigerFrog
12th Aug 2002, 21:08
Thanks for the help guys, you cleared me up a bit. I can now have a go at trying to create some user made missions. By the way, maybe unrelated to the topic, as i was surfing the web, i found this site http://www.wicked3d.com/products/es2/demo/ i has a cool program which allows you to play some games with 3D glasses (red and blue ones you got free with things) it renders the graphics twice on some games using Glide. I recommend trying it, i havent got it working on my XP machine yet, but give it a try. Quake 3 is a game which it alows you to use in the demo of the program called "eyeScream" (includes Quake 3 demo).

Let me know on any progress :)

Xerxes790
25th Aug 2002, 00:26
Groupno refers to the groups of aliens that arrive via port during a given game time up to 32 such events. pretty much as DMA says..that is what I did....I had a group of criminal robot aliens come on board and raid my station....they did not want to leave either. I modified the Male Siren peep personality and added that CP30 skin onto them. They just keep coming and coming...it is part of a mission I was working on. "Roids from Hades".:p

kool_kats_rule
29th Aug 2002, 14:01
Scary thought.

I guess that means I was right. Woohoo!