PDA

View Full Version : Were is Final Fantasy?

Arctic_Wolf
9th Aug 2002, 13:59
I'm interested in Final Fantasy and would like to play one of the games, but I don't seem to be able to find it in any game stores or internet sights. So does anyone know were I could find it, the name of a store or web sight if you can.

P.S: Is it also availible on the PC?

N00dles
9th Aug 2002, 14:47
FF1 - 3 were released on the NES
FF4 - 6 were released on the SNES

To play these games, download an emulator (for instance, 'NESticle' for the NES, and 'Snes9x' for the SNES). Download the roms of these games anywhere on the Net, and play them using the appropriate emulator.

FF7 and 8 are both available on PC and PSX
FF9 only on PSX and FFX on PS2

You could try www.amazone.com or www.ebay.com to find these...

Dell
9th Aug 2002, 20:10
Final Fantasy IV and V are available in a dual CD for PSOne at Amazon.com.uk.

Final Fantasy VII is available for PSOne at Amazon.com.uk

Final Fantasy VIII is available in both PC and PSOne versions at Amazon.co.uk

Final Fantasy IX is available for PSOne at Amazon.co.uk

Amazon.com (usa) also has Final Fantasy VII for both PSOne and PC.

And Final Fantasy X is available for PSTwo just about everywhere they sell games.

So depending on what you are looking for, the games are all still around. You can also find the very first ones up for auction on ebay, too.

Oh and in case you are wondering, we are allowed to discuss all Final Fantasy games here, not just FFVII.

Arctic_Wolf
10th Aug 2002, 00:53
Dell, N00dles thanks for replying. I'll look into FF8 aat Amazon. also do you know were I could download the games and emulators?

Thanks

N00dles
10th Aug 2002, 01:45
I'm not really sure if it's allowed here, but:

go to www.geocities.com/ff_sabin

to download all roms. I know it's a crappy site :)
Go to the roms section

PS. It may be that the FF3 nes rom is a badly translated version, I can't remember whether or not I replaced this one with a good version.

Oh, and turn off the terrible midi music by pressing 'stop' in your browser :p

Dracoraptor
10th Aug 2002, 04:06
I rather like the old SNES Final Fantasys much better than the Playstation ones. I have Final Fantasy VII, and it is nowhere near as good as FF III and FF IV. Aaaah, the good old days. Now if I could just buy a new SNES with FF V and FF VI. Although this is a little off topic, Chronotrigger was made by the same men who did a few of the first Final Fantasys, and it is one of the best games I have ever played. The music is much better than most other SNES games I have played, and certainly better than the music for FF VII, which was a bit too jumpy and moody for me. Now the best music for any game would be the sound-track to Homeworld.

windcloud
10th Aug 2002, 06:40
FFVII or FFX would be good to start if you've never played RPG's before.

FFVIII's battle system is a bit complicated and you might get discouraged by it if you're a first timer.

then if you really like the series, you can play FFVI, FFV and FFIV on snes emulators.

and since we're off the topic. the best RPG i played is definately Xenogears... i recommend it to everybody... that isn't very serious about religon. and the music is godly... oh yeah...

Canyon Wolf
10th Aug 2002, 09:33
Heh...Xenogears. My old CD drive couldn't read it for some reason, but the new one can. I'm in heaven. :D Alternating between my Morrowind sessions, of course.

Dell
10th Aug 2002, 09:44
I am currently playing FFV on the PSOne. It was recently released in England as an anthology packaged with FFIV.

I am totally confused by the way all the early games have been rereleased under different numbers! I took a look at FFIV and it is exactly the old one I played on Supernintendo under another name.

FFV is new to me, but I understand it was called another FF number in the beginning! Duhhhh.

Now where is FFVI? Do I have that? I can't tell. I do have FFVII for both PC and PSOne, and FFVIII for PC...not sure I have it for the PSOne though.

I also have FFIX...and will buy FFX when I get home and get an American PSTwo...dreams.

Can someone please put down a listing of which game is what? Help this poor badly confused person?

Moggraider, are you an authority? Help!

N00dles
10th Aug 2002, 13:08
I can give you a list of the Japanese/American numbering of the FF's:

FF1 NES - released in Japan and US
FF2 NES - only released in Japan
FF3 NES - only released in Japan
FF4 SNES - released in Japan and released in US as FF2
FF5 SNES - only released in Japan
FF6 SNES - released in Japan and released in US as FF3

At a later time, two packages have been released in Japan and US: Anthologies (FF4 and FF5 packed together) and Chronicles (FF6 and Chrono Trigger packed together)

And furthermore:
FF7 PSX/PC
FF8 PSX/PC
FF9 PSX
FF10 PS2

Correct me if I made any mistakes :)

windcloud
10th Aug 2002, 19:28
Originally posted by N00dles

Correct me if I made any mistakes :)

Ok! Anthologies was FF5 and FF6, Chronicles was CT and FF4... :)

Dell
11th Aug 2002, 10:42
Give me a clue, please. What was FVI about? Youi said released in the US as III? Hmmm...

What was it about?

N00dles
11th Aug 2002, 13:21
FFVI (FFIII US) is about Terra, Locke, Sabin, Edgar, Celes and others. The villain is Kefka, and the game starts with an invasion in Narshe.

Arkron
11th Aug 2002, 20:16
Don't forget to add that it is "TEH BESTO" ^^

Amazeroth
12th Aug 2002, 14:47
Naaaah, nothing owns FF VII besides Chrono Trigger is teh best SNES RPG.
I really should be playing FF I, II and III... if I can't play IX because my ยง$*& computer can't run the PS emulator properly.

BTW, some time ago I found out that the FF IV released in the US (i.e. FF II US) is a 'light' version of the original FF IV... now sadly I didn't know that when I was playing that light version (how anyone could be as ****ing stupid as to mutilate the game just to make it easier for some newbies boggles my mind...). Recently I got the original version... is it worth replaying it or are the changes they made just minor?

Canyon Wolf
12th Aug 2002, 17:03
My current computer runs the thing better than a PSX sometimes...I think.

windcloud
12th Aug 2002, 21:47
my emulator keep locking up... i can't play Valkyrie Profile, Front Mission 3, or Persona 2...

damn emulators

Amazeroth
12th Aug 2002, 23:33
Yeah. Damn Square for not doing PC ports anymore.
Anyway anybody can help me out with my FF IV problem? :)

Canyon Wolf
13th Aug 2002, 09:27
Depends on what you play it for...