PDA

View Full Version : What's your Personality Type??

Nightwalker
9th Aug 2002, 03:48
I saw this posted at TTLG and tried it out. I thought some of you might be interested in having a look at it. http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
Most of the people at TTLG seem to be coming out as Introverts. I definitely fit into that category.

My results: Personality type - ISFJ

Introverted: 100% :eek:
Sensing: 56%
Feeling: 11%
Judging: 67%

When I read the summary that went along with this, I was amazed at how closely it actually fit me. Give it a try and share your results! :)

Apache
9th Aug 2002, 04:59
Your Type is
ENTJ
Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Strength of the preferences %
Extroverted 11 %
Intuitive 33 %
Thinking 33 %
Judging 33 %

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:
slightly expressed extrovert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

BrokenArts
9th Aug 2002, 13:49
I got the same results as you Apache. Hhhmmmm....... :p :D Does that mean we cancel each other out? HA!

littlek
9th Aug 2002, 14:29
Your Type is ISTJ
Introverted 78%
Sensing 33%
Thinking 56%
Judging 89%

RicknMel
9th Aug 2002, 15:55
INTJ here

Introverted 56%
Intuitive 33%
Thinking 56%
Judging 33%

Stile451
9th Aug 2002, 18:25
ISTJ, although many of my answers were of the fence sitting kind.

Introverted 33%
Sensing 22%
Thinking 56%
Judging 11%

3 years ago I was INTP/J.

Huntress
9th Aug 2002, 18:37
Extroverted.....1
Sensing...........1
Feeling ...........33
Judging...........44

You are:

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

Actually several of these I could have answered yes and no..it's not all black and white...but good enough in general to give an indication somewhat :) Ta and Good Hunting!

ChowYunFat
9th Aug 2002, 21:27
I came out as an INFJ:

67% Introverted
11% Intuitive
11% Feeling
78% Judging

But as Salvage pointed out, some of these questions were hard to give a definite answer to.

theBlackman
9th Aug 2002, 21:37
Your Type is
ENFJ
Extroverted 22%
Intuitive 56%
Feeling 11%
Judging 56%

You are:

slightly expressed feeling personality

Risk Attitudes Profiler

Rational

PSYCHOLOGICAL PORTRAIT
You are a steady and rational person. You can define goals precisely, distinguishing between what you really need and what you can easily do without. You are able to learn from previous experience. You feel and value the present and think seriously about the future. You take your projects seriously, evaluating carefully their importance to you as well as the feasibility of their implementation.
You are capable and disposed to evaluate soberly your possibilities within the context of various circumstances. You consider the consequences of your actions. You have the courage to make a decision but also, when necessary, to reject it. Having made a decision you don't hesitate, but carry it out energetically.
You are cautious but not shy. In trying to reach your goal you are capable of overcoming many obstacles and difficulties. At the same time, you can evaluate the importance of this goal to you and your potential for achieving it, as well as your possible gains and losses.
The moral aspect of any affair is of great significance to you. You are, first of all, preoccupied with solving your own psychological problems and only afterwards with objective external ones.
You easily become friends with people who make a good impression on you and you have many friends to whom you gladly give whatever help you can without expecting compensation or profit.
You are socially active. You have your own opinion on many social and political issues, but don't like to thrust it on others. You are open-minded but don't like extremism or aggressiveness.
You are not vain, and at times this leads to insufficient ambition. A sense of self-dignity is intrinsic in you. You are aware of the limits of your abilities and are satisfied when you have exploited them to the fullest. You are not egotistical and do not need to prove your merits to others nor demonstrate superiority over them.
Men of this personality type treat women with respect, being especially aware of their physical attributes. Women of this type prefer clever and spiritually attractive men. Your relationships with the opposite sex are based mainly on spiritual empathy.
You like to eat well but don't demand gourmet food.
You prefer an active vacation - traveling to interesting places that are new to you.
Your nature is well-balanced between stability and safety on the one hand, and risk and daring on the other. You try to set yourself realistic goals but this limits the level of your expectations and the realization of your potential. You must force yourself to be more daring. Success will encourage you to aim at higher levels and to attain goals you previously never hoped for.
Men of this character type resemble Benjamin Franklin and Franklin D. Roosevelt, and women resemble Margaret Thatcher.

I apparently have a different idea of "Success" than these psychologists. :D :D

clayman
9th Aug 2002, 21:50
This didn't turn out quite like I thought it would. But I answered very quickly, first-impression style, not thinking it through much.

For what its worth :

Extroverted - 1%
Intuitive - 11%
Thinking - 11%
Judging - 100%

You are:

slightly expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

very expressed judging personality

I would have had me pegged for an introvert, but I guess my job demands a bit of a decision-maker and talker.

Thanks, Nightwalker, I like doing these things. :)

ChangelingJane
10th Aug 2002, 01:39
Arg! I finish the test and am in the middle of posting my results, and then IE gives one of its lovely random errors! Stupid, stupid program... IIRC, my personality type was INTP... the percents were like 56% 11% 13% 56%... lemme see if I can fish it up in the cache or something...

*grumble grumble*

[edit]

Well, I took it again, with slightly different results. I know I answered about 4 questions differently. Oh well. These things aren't b&w anyways...

INTP
Introverted -56%
Intuitive - 56%
Thinking - 11%
Perceiving - 67%

The descriptions for my type:
http://keirsey.com/personality/ntip.html
http://typelogic.com/intp.html

Ooh, I'm an "architect" personality type... doesn't help me build things in DromEd, that's for sure! And I get taken for arrogant, that's very true. Heh, and the whole second-guessing and forseeing failure bit is spot on!

Gumdrop
10th Aug 2002, 04:10
What's your Personality Type??

The last time I took a test, I was told it was the shape of a processed pea, and slighly continental looking. :confused:

I really don't want to know what mtations have occurred. :eek:

Peter_Smith
10th Aug 2002, 05:32
Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
(Mastermind)
33 56 22 22

Well, the long description said all the right things, but I am wondering if this is really true or more like a horoscope. Everyone is pleased with the prophesy and thinks it applies to them so it must be true.:)

Rommel_1891
10th Aug 2002, 18:40
My Type is

INTJ

Introverted 11%
Intuitive 22%
Thinking 44%
Judging 33%

slightly expressed introvert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

:confused:

Lytha
11th Aug 2002, 13:28
I took the test again (I have already posted 2 of my results in the other forum...), and my results changed yet again.

Today, I'm

Introverted - 100
Sensing - 22
Thinking - 22
Perceiving - 22

Still an ISTP, with an extreme "I" today and the rest not significantly expressed.

Zaccheus
11th Aug 2002, 17:30
Me:

----------------------------------------------------
Your Type is
ENFP
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
22 44 22 33

You are:
slightly expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

ENFP type description by D.Keirsey (http://keirsey.com/personality/nfep.html)
ENFP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss (http://typelogic.com/enfp.html)
--------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!! Those two ENFP links describe me very well.
How scary!

Munin the Raven
12th Aug 2002, 01:53
It's a very subjective test that depends on one's mood, but here are my results:

Type INFJ

22% introverted
44% intuitive
44% feeling
22% judging

slightly expressed introvert
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

http://keirsey.com/personality/nfij.html
http://typelogic.com/infj.html

In some ways it's an uncanny resemblance, but in other's it's only a close approximation. Interesting though.

ChangelingJane
12th Aug 2002, 03:19
I took the test again just for fun, and here are my new results:

Your Type is
DORK

You are:
a complete and total dork

People with your personality type tend to trip over nothing, get hit by random flying objects, and get toilet paper stuck to their shoes. DORK personalities have a tendency to quote Monty Python and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Although not inherently social, DORKs will gather in large groups together at events called CONs.

I'd copy+paste the rest, but it just gets worse ^_~

Zaccheus
12th Aug 2002, 12:43
Here's a thought:
Give the opposite answer to each question, and see if the result is the opposite of who you are.

bravus
13th Aug 2002, 01:35
Ah well, may as well join in. Perhaps the fact that I'm doing this while procrastinating from doing another job that I already don't have time to complete by deadline because I've just accepted yet another job in what is meant to be my annual vacation says more about my personality than the test itself!

Your Type is: INFJ
Introverted: 11%
Intuitive: 67%
Feeling: 67%
Judging: 1%
Seems a little unusual for a scientist and science educator - guess I'm just weird!

Bravus

PS The kind of critique you give of the questions asked could constitute yet another measure of personality!

Edit: Not only weird, but rare: 'The small number of this type (little more than 2 percent) is regrettable, since Counselors have an unusually strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others and genuinely enjoy helping their companions.'