PDA

View Full Version : tattoos anyone???

infinite_sadness
8th Aug 2002, 20:58
heeey peeps!!!!
Last monday august 5th, I got my first tattoo!!! :)
It is a yin and yang sign on the lower part on my back!!!
I don't think it hurt to get i done at all!!! (i'll try and post a pic of it soon)
I'm also thinking about gettin' my daughters name tattooed on me.
and I was just wondering if any of you guys have any tattoos, what are they and what do they mean???
Thanx!!!
Looove out

LARAMANIAC
8th Aug 2002, 22:02
Congratulations infinite_sadness!!! I really want a tattoo - just too chicken!!!! I want a celtic braid around the top of my left arm!!!!! Promised myself before I'm 40 - which gives me another 5 years to psyche myself up for it!!!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

cowboy from hell
8th Aug 2002, 23:34
I have no tats yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!But I have multiple piercings.

Lil Lara
8th Aug 2002, 23:47
Hmm..no tats for me.

I've been wanting one at the very bottom of my back(what I like to call, "the base of my spine", hehe), probably about the same place that you described, Infinate. The only thing is...

1)I'm too chicken and scared that it would hurt and---
2) I have no clue what to get!

Hmm..I'd like one, but probably will never go through with it!

Prelude
9th Aug 2002, 00:59
Two. One quite large one of a tiger sitting on a rock, on the top of my leg, I like this one, I’ve had it 11 years, I thought about it a lot before I got it done, which is sound advice for anyone considering getting a tattoo, believe me I know, the second one is on my bottom and is of a tiger’s head, I got this one done stupidly on the spur of the moment and I was also quite drunk, ok ok so I was very drunk, and I hate it, I thought about having a Lara done next to it with Uzi’s blazing at it, he he, I suppose the one consolation of it being on my bottom is that not many people see it.......well not that many anyway.

For you guys worried about the pain, don’t worry it’s not that bad, the one on the top of my leg took 4 and a half hours but after 2 hours my leg had gone to sleep anyway so I didn’t feel a thing!

TombRaiderChik
9th Aug 2002, 02:40
i dont have any tatoos....yet :p:p :D:D

but i am gonna b 16...2 years ill have to wait! ack...hmm unless my aunt really does wanna take me...the parents dont gotta know right? ;)

AmO
9th Aug 2002, 04:15
well i promised myself a tattoo before i die, since i'm so old now i figure i better hurry up and get one!!!if i do i'll sure let ya know.
the hardest part for me will just be siting still for a long time, and what i want will probably take awhile.:D

MountainDewNut
9th Aug 2002, 04:24
(>'o')>I don't have and never want a tatoo. Mainly because where I work at (a retirement home) there are alot of residents that have tatoos, but their skin partially sags over it.
*shudders at that thought* ~<(-_-)>~

DaveJ
9th Aug 2002, 07:25
I have two.
One is the chinese symbol for "artist" on my left upper arm; and the other is a Madagascaari tribal symbol on my right upper arm. (Its in one of the photo threads around here....)

Neither one hurt.
The guy who did mine said the only place that can be painful to get one done is on the stomach.... you really feel it then.

Anywhere else and its just like being pinched for a bit.

Seth
11th Aug 2002, 19:21
Two... One on my right shoulder blade I have a Chinese symbol for "Bravery", and an Egyptian falcon on my upper right arm.

Kristine@LIM
12th Aug 2002, 17:38
4 here...2 dragons, 1 on my calf and 1 on my shoulder/ 1 wolf, on my thigh/ and the chinese symbol for "strength" on my left arm. :)

I only hurts in certain areas of the body..the one on my thigh made me cry...;)

ShirleyC
12th Aug 2002, 18:06
I would be only brave enough to get the ones that McDonalds gives away with happy meals. :D
Shirley
AmO: what symbol or pic do you want done?

DKSM
12th Aug 2002, 22:36
None yet....I want a dragon, hopefully I'll get it soon...

Deekman
12th Aug 2002, 23:57
I'm promising myself one when I turn 50. (And that's only five and a half years away)
Probably something Popeye related.
Maybe the Sea Hag playing her flute on a rocky shoal
surrounded by waves and ghosts.

rocconorth
13th Aug 2002, 10:07
Originally posted by Prelude
Two. One quite large one of a tiger sitting on a rock, on the top of my leg, I like this one, I’ve had it 11 years, I thought about it a lot before I got it done, which is sound advice for anyone considering getting a tattoo, believe me I know, the second one is on my bottom and is of a tiger’s head, I got this one done stupidly on the spur of the moment and I was also quite drunk, ok ok so I was very drunk, and I hate it, I thought about having a Lara done next to it with Uzi’s blazing at it, he he, I suppose the one consolation of it being on my bottom is that not many people see it.......well not that many anyway.

Not to mention you have yellow eyes Prelude!:eek: This thread revelation may show up in another exciting episode of.......

BTW, I have none. I'm apologize to all the Tatoo loving world out there. Maybe I'll get one of Geeves holding a machine gun. That would make for an interesting one!:p

infinite_sadness
13th Aug 2002, 16:09
very cool stuff guys.... :)

rocconorth
28th Aug 2002, 09:09
the second one is on my bottom and is of a tiger’s head.... I suppose the one consolation of it being on my bottom is that not many people see it.......well not that many anyway.

It looked more like a Leopard to me. Oops!

(Better late than never right ML?)

Jade
28th Aug 2002, 11:39
i'd like to have a tattoo, a dragon curling around my forearm and ending on the upper side of my hand, but that's gonna have to wait several years. i'm still too young and my parents won't let me either. :( they didn't have any trouble with my piercings though...:D

Jade
28th Aug 2002, 11:42
Originally posted by DaveJ
I have two.
Neither one hurt.
The guy who did mine said the only place that can be painful to get one done is on the stomach.... you really feel it then.

Anywhere else and its just like being pinched for a bit. from what i heard it's also painfull on your ankle, cause it's close to the bone.

TDC
28th Aug 2002, 13:12
I have one on my left shoulder. It is a crescent moon, and within it is the howling head of a wolf.

I want to get another one on my other shoulder. I'm debating between a yin yang symbol, or another that looks similar to a yin yang but that has three "tears" instead of two.

I know that some of you said yours didn't hurt, but mine hurt a lot. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but everybody's different.

DaveJ
28th Aug 2002, 13:21
Wuss.

Prelude
28th Aug 2002, 13:41
Originally posted by rocconorth

It looked more like a Leopard to me. Oops!

(Better late than never right ML?)

:eek: Yeah sometimes from that angle it does!!!!! Oops!

(indeed better late then not 'at all' MM)

TDC
28th Aug 2002, 16:30
Originally posted by DaveJ
Wuss. So that's how it is, hm? Let's see if we can't do your next tattoo with a nail file and a hammer claw!

DaveJ
28th Aug 2002, 18:02

:eek: Yeah sometimes from that angle it does!!!!! Oops!

(indeed better late then not 'at all' MM)

From other angles that Tiger has a very broad grin...like a Cheshire Cat.

TDC...no wonder yours hurt!

Lady LC
29th Aug 2002, 02:37
Originally posted by Jade
from what i heard it's also painfull on your ankle, cause it's close to the bone. hehe, I have a black rose in my ankle... And yes, I must say, it did hurt a little bit... But not so much :rolleyes:
ooh, and my next tattoo is going to be on my stomach
it seems that I only choose the most painful places lol :D :)

suzieq51
6th Sep 2002, 05:46
Got mine to celebrate my 50th birthday couple of years ago. It's the theatrical masks - comedy and tragedy (figured my life was one big comedy and at 50 that's tragic!) and it's on my lower back, to the left (ok, it's on my tush). And I love it! But it hurt like hell.