PDA

View Full Version : ?-OM-T2-Courier

[OF] Seferg
8th Aug 2002, 19:46
2 questions on thief 2, courier mission.
1- at the graveyard, just to the west i believe is a locked door where 2 mechanists come out of. someone else here clued me in to get through the door. if you go out the window on the 2nd floor of that building into the graveyard there are 2 crypts. one is empty the other has 1 or 2 goodies, a zombie-ette and a key. what does the key unlock? it didnt unlock anything in the graveyard for me

2- same mission, in the water there is a place with 2 gates that have a locked sound. the picks and the key i found both wont unlock it. anything in there? how do you get in?

btw- rousing the zombie in the NE? corner and sic'ing him on the locals is great fun. he chased mosely around for several blocks before he got her. you do need to bap the mace wielding mechanist and maybe one of the bowslingers.

clayman
8th Aug 2002, 20:17
You can get into the graveyard without entering the building. Just do some crate stacking against the cemetary wall and climb over.

theBlackman
8th Aug 2002, 20:30
There is a secret entrance to the Graveyard, the main area, that lets you avoid the guard.

I presume you mean the gates in the canal just at the entrance on the side by the barber shop. I had that same question. I noticed that the canal gates react like they should be openable but I have never found a way to do it.

The key unlocks the doors to the guard tower that controls the City gate(s).

The door can be entered if you run in as the guard comes out.

As a suggestion, after you follow the letter to the graveyard, go back and explore the town. Then follow the blood trail through the graveyard.

Once the letter reaches the graveyard the "don't be seen, don't lose the letter" become null.

Danventry
8th Aug 2002, 22:10
Does it really? I didn't know that. I assumed I had to immediately go into the graveyard. That makes things like Perfect Thiefing easier. Just ghost to the graveyard, and then run back. I figured you had to do all that while you played follow the leader.

clayman
8th Aug 2002, 22:28
theBlackman is right about the "seen and heard" thing. And, just to clarify what I said above, you can get into the locked section of the graveyard by going over the wall, for the rest of it just walk through the main door. ;) :)

theBlackman
8th Aug 2002, 23:32
Originally posted by Danventry
Does it really? I didn't know that. I assumed I had to immediately go into the graveyard. That makes things like Perfect Thiefing easier. Just ghost to the graveyard, and then run back. I figured you had to do all that while you played follow the leader.

Yes, you can go back and pickpockets, investigate the crooks and nannies, and generally explore the town.

Peter_Smith
9th Aug 2002, 07:08
theBlackman is right about going back into town. There is some loot in the town that is a little hard to find. You have a huge place to search and not much of it to find. In my opinion there would be no way to get all of the loot while tracing the courier.

clayman is right about using crates and jumping the fence. The move is not too easy though. You have to be perfectly aligned, perpendicular to the fence and start the jump just right to make it over.