PDA

View Full Version : Lara vs. Angelina

Miss Croft
8th Aug 2002, 17:22
Imagine we live in some backwards weird dimension where real people and computer game characters live together. It's the final of the Miss 'I'm so Great' pageant and it comes down to Angelina Jolie and Lara Croft. Both clad in bathing suits and equipt with nothing but a tooth-pick they must fight it out for the title.....

Who would you want to win?
Who do you think would win (not who you want to)?

Younglara_babe
8th Aug 2002, 20:05
I say Lara mostly because AJ wouldnt do it with out money being involved. Lara only does it for sport.;)

thanhkim
8th Aug 2002, 20:06
Vote Lara Croft of course!

Godfather
8th Aug 2002, 20:26
Angelina Jolie wouldn't even have been so popular if it wasn't for our dearest Lara Croft! So ... Lara Croft! http://216.40.241.68/otn/love/malelovies.gif

thanhkim
9th Aug 2002, 17:38
Originally posted by Godfather
Angelina Jolie wouldn't even have been so popular if it wasn't for our dearest Lara Croft! So ... Lara Croft! http://216.40.241.68/otn/love/malelovies.gif That's bloody right!

Xcom
9th Aug 2002, 17:41
Angelina Jolie wouldn't even have been so popular if it wasn't for our dearest Lara Croft! So ... Lara Croft!

That's totally wrong.

DaveJ
9th Aug 2002, 18:12
Angelina Jolie wouldn't even have been so popular if it wasn't for our dearest Lara Croft! So ... Lara Croft!

Thats completely and totally wrong.

Just because half of you here had never heard of Angelina before, winning an Oscar gets one noticed more than playing a video-game character does. Put the gamepad down and you may notice lots more going on out there. ;)

If anything, Angelina has made Lara more famous than she was by playing her on the big screen, and introducing her to more of the public than the game did.

TombRaiderChik
10th Aug 2002, 03:52
yeh i agree w/ davej. i mean she got a lotta attention for girl interrupted and gia...shes just more popular now w/ like maybe teens now cuz of tomb raider. its just the different audience shes getin attention from.

Godfather
10th Aug 2002, 14:19
Originally posted by DaveJ

Thats completely and totally wrong.

Just because half of you here had never heard of Angelina before, winning an Oscar gets one noticed more than playing a video-game character does. Put the gamepad down and you may notice lots more going on out there. ;)

If anything, Angelina has made Lara more famous than she was by playing her on the big screen, and introducing her to more of the public than the game did.

I gotta admit that the first and (probably) only reason why I said that, was to get some reaction out of y'all!! I like Angelina Jolie actually better in "Girl Interrupted" than in "Tomb Raider" and she truly deserved that Oscar, so yes: I was wrong! She deserves more credit as an actress, but I still think Angelina Jolie became more popular (I'm not talking about her acting now) through playing Lara Croft! So, Lara Croft it is!!

Godfather
10th Aug 2002, 14:32
Put the gamepad down and you may notice lots more going on out there.

You mean: "Put the keyboard down and ...". Since I'm keen of having thé best of thé best 3D-graphics, I choose to play Tomb Raider on my computer. http://216.40.241.68/otn/funny/jump1.gif

DaveJ
10th Aug 2002, 15:55
My point exactly.

She became more popular (ie. heard of) amongst people here who have no idea what else is going on in the world if it doesn't involve Tomb Raider.

How many knew it was now the 21st century, for instance?

EddyBones
14th Aug 2002, 01:00
How many knew it was now the 21st century, for instance?
*puts his hand up with everyone else*
*everyone turns and stares at Gandalf*
*Gandalf lowers his hand*
:p

Lord Croft
14th Aug 2002, 07:39
It's 21st century???:confused:

How long have I been knocked out? *wipes the dust off his face and goes to the toilet*

I want AJ to win but she probably wouldn't cause she lacks survival skills but bare in mind that Lara is only as good as you are.

Les Effant Terrible
14th Aug 2002, 08:01
Lara Croft was the real person (ahem... you know what I mean by real) to shoot tigers and fight mummies and dodge spikes, poisoness darts and escape giant boulders. AJ is just an actress who wouldn't know what the hell to do in a case of threatened world destruction. Lara would keep her cool and shoot the baddie in the head before he could cackle like an evil ninny.

Plus, AJ might not be over her little breakup with Billie Joe Bob John Jacob Thorton or whatever his name is. It was all the cause of Monsters Ball, I'm tellin' ya... such a pity.

DaveJ
14th Aug 2002, 09:02
AJ is more skilled with knives than Lara.

Lord Croft
14th Aug 2002, 11:32
AJ is more skilled with knives than Lara.

Well I wouldn't say that. She must've been preety clumsy to cut herself :p

TombRaiderChik
23rd Aug 2002, 01:31
these polls are getting more stupid all the time

:rolleyes:

and is it necessary to joke around about a serious matter about people who cut themselves?

ELEN
2nd Sep 2002, 20:53
**POSTED BY < TombRaiderChik>**

these polls are getting more stupid all the time
Hmmm...

Regarding the people who cut themselves, you are right... But it's the truth. She must be more careful next time cause she is a public person... :D

TombRaiderChik
2nd Sep 2002, 21:28
"You're young, you're drunk, you're in bed, you have knives; shyt happens!"