PDA

View Full Version : Blood Omen 2 - Dealing with Faustus

Apocrypha Roxy
8th Aug 2002, 01:53
Just got PS2 today - goodie goodie! - and they had Blood Omen 2 there - goodie goodie! - and in 2 hrs of gameplay I'm meeting up with Faustus.

Here's the deal:

The snobby little turd won't quit jumping & flipping, and keeps kicking my undead arse.

I have FURY, and each block from his attack makes it stronger, but it's not doing me any good.

My blood level, while being full with each restart, is not so grande - and Faustus' is huge.

Big disadvantage.

What's the best method of 'disposing' of this pest? (I'd try Windex like Riovanes suggested we use on Zephon in our haphazard quest for domination of Nosgoth, but I don't think Faustus will go down so easy with a squirt of blue cleanser. What do you think?)

Umah Bloodomen
8th Aug 2002, 03:00
Stage One:

When the cutscene ends, hold the Auto-target button to enter combat mode. Attack Faustus with your current weapon or claws. Select Fury and block so you can build up your rage meter.

He will generally attack in a series of 5 slashes followed by a roundhouse kick. When he pauses after his hits, seize the opportunity to attack him.

Note: When Faustus glows red, you won't be able to block his impending attack. My advice, move. LOL :p

Stage Two:

After you weaken Faustus, he will run off (like a pansy...LOL) into another room. A door will open and you will be able to follow.

There will be furnaces on the four sides of the room, each with a lever below them. Notice the fog on the ground in certain spots.

Faustus will begin throwing explosives at you from above. You will need to use your Mist gift to vanish into the areas of fog in order to approach the furnaces. If Faustus sees you, he will jump around to another area.

When you activate the levers, (heating Faustus' little butt) you will become visible. Activate Mist again. (Repeat about 4 or 5 times with the furnace routine).

After he's set on fire a few times, he will head towards the ceiling above. The fog will vanish as he opens the roof.

Stage Three:

Use your right analog stick to look above you and locate Faustus. (I ended up running around the room while looking up, to keep track). He will drop from the ceiling, and attack with a flying kick...move. LOL

If he misses, he will fall to the floor. Run after him, auto-target him and start wailing on him.

You will have to do this a few times until you kick his butt.

Good luck!

darien_specter
8th Aug 2002, 04:27
I just got BO2 as well, and I encountered this same problem. I'd get up to a fury, and was happily wailing away with my glowing fist; to no effect. Here's the kicker: What I initially failed to realize was that Fury doesn't kick in automatically; in combat, you have to hit your Use Dark Gift key to unleash that Fury. I expect that you would have figured out the rest...

warpsavant
8th Aug 2002, 04:43
LOL thats pretty funny darien.

Sarah
8th Aug 2002, 04:47
Darien---I had that same problem...I kept wondering "Why isn't my Fury doing anything?", and then my sis showed me what the problem was...needless to say, I felt so stupid, defeating Faustus the hard way without fury being used.....And Faustus freaked me out-what with his hip wiggle and the flirty wrist and his um, developed? chest?

darien_specter
8th Aug 2002, 04:57
Yeah, I had to go to a walkthrough to be told that... so ashamed... :o

Yeah, I noticed that about Faustus too. He's got issues... ;)

warpsavant
8th Aug 2002, 05:02
Didn't you guys read the instructions?

But don't read the credits!

Even knowing how to rage him I still had to fight Faustus like 12 times before I figured out how to block the stupid jerk.

Apocrypha Roxy
8th Aug 2002, 18:31
I've been doing that often (found out about using the mist gift in part 2 by doing a little 'research' for a walkthrough - but no cheat codes, that's not my style)

I didn't know you couldn't block his red-glowy attack, so I'll be on the lookout for that next time I play.

(You noticed he looks like a girl too? Damn, I mean, he's got a set that would make Lara Croft blush! And the ponytail! I thought he was female until I heard him speak - then I figured he's the Sarafan Lord's pretty boy...)

:D