PDA

View Full Version : Saving Private Smith mission question.

uSernaMe
7th Aug 2002, 17:51
I am at the Saving Private Smith mission. I have gotten Smith and all the allies except 2 who died. I want to start the invasion but the button to start invasion is greyed out. How do I make it so I can start the invasion?
-Chris

Twitch
7th Aug 2002, 21:43
You gotta get all the pieces of the bonus poster 1st. Did you get the one inside the plane accessable underwater from the nose? I can't recall from last time I ran that one if the button even appears before you have all the pieces though so that may not be the problem.

1shot1kill
7th Aug 2002, 22:24
You don;t get the button if you do not have all the pieces, so he got them all.

Make sure you tied up all germans on the map and then try again, if it still does not work you probably burried some people which is bugged in this mission and you will have to start over from before you burried them.

uSernaMe
8th Aug 2002, 04:39
I have to tie up everyone? I shot some of the people. What are the pieces?

David
8th Aug 2002, 05:03
he meant bonus books,but i believe you have them all.

ragsy
9th Aug 2002, 02:37
This happened to me once also

I never found a way to fix it so I had to start again, which was frustating but then again i reckon it is the best mission in the game by far so things weren't as bad as they might have been :)

Redpriest
14th Aug 2002, 18:30
This happened to me a few times as well. I found that when i checked the buildings afterwards that some of the "dead" soldiers which had been dropped through windows were now all standing up. When pressing "F11" they showed up as enemies (i.e. they were surrounded by red) but you couldn't put your gun over them and shoot them, however if you pointed in their direction and pressed "X" the commando would automatically shoot them.
Yesterday I re-did the mission and made sure that no people were put through windows and the mission worked fine. This must be a bug in the mission! Hope this helps. (Very strange) :)

Twitch
16th Aug 2002, 00:19
Redpriest- A weird thing happend in Smith to me a couple times too. ONE guy was way over near where one of the snipers was near the edge of the game screen just standing there so the mission wouldn't end. I went over there but he couldn't see me! Shooting him finally worked. Strange glitch, that.

Xcom
16th Aug 2002, 14:35
Originally posted by Redpriest
I found that when i checked the buildings afterwards that some of the "dead" soldiers which had been dropped through windows were now all standing up.

Are you sure you were dropping DEAD soldiers and not tied up soldiers? The bug never happened to me when I just killed every1.

Redpriest
16th Aug 2002, 19:00
Yeah, you're right - i meant tied up people. (I put 'dead' in inverted commas to indicate neutralised as I didn't know that the bug didn't happen with dead people!).

DudeItsMe
17th Aug 2002, 04:00
Yea I dropped a guy in the window where he could not be shot... even by aiming and pressing X.

Grenades save the day once again.