PDA

View Full Version : TR Meeting of Minds

Prelude
7th Aug 2002, 13:36
I was just wondering if you have ever met up in person with anyone you have chatted with on this forum? If so where they what you expected them to be?

If you haven’t is there anyone you would like to meet up with?

Just curious.....

TombRaiderChik
7th Aug 2002, 14:45
hmm well i havent met anyone yet.
i know chronicles5 lives probably about an hour or so away from me and itd b kewl to meet him! hes helped me out w/ pictures and tr levels. bekks id also like to meet too! i would also love to meet laramaniac! she seems like such an awesum person! u do too prelude and id like to meet u as well. and geesh i actually was thinkin bout this the other day cuz of the other forum but there are loads of people id love to meet!:)

whitemetal
7th Aug 2002, 16:59
I have not met up with anyone either,
it could be fun to see if your expectations of someone you havn't seen conforms to what you imagined or not. Could be scary too! especially if you met me :eek:
could also be funny if it turned out to be someone you already Know or seen before and never knew they lived a double life, meek and mild normal person doubling as an insatiable Tomb Raider junkie, hands trembling for the next Lara Croft fix.......hmm better stop.....sounds too much like my own profile :D

LARAMANIAC
7th Aug 2002, 17:41
I have made this suggestion before - a massive Eidos get-together would be the solution!!!! PARTY!!!!!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/band.gif

*Lara Croft*
7th Aug 2002, 18:40
I almost accidently ran into Jewell at King's Island once. :)

Lil Lara
7th Aug 2002, 21:22
I think that I would love to meet everyone, you sound like such great nice people! One great big gathering would be aweosome, but too hard since everyone is all over the worl! It's a cool idea though! :D

Data
7th Aug 2002, 22:54
I have the advantage of regular contact with dhama and Staticon, however we did not all meet at the forum. ;) I would imagine most people here disguise their true persona and so would be totally different face to face, however in some instances this does not appear to be the case; i.e. topics of 'meet and greets'.

Kurtis Trent
8th Aug 2002, 00:03
Nope, I have never ran into any forum member. Although, it would be neat to run into LARAMANIAC, but she lives in england. It is very possible to run into MountainDewNut, even though I live quite a ways north of him. Would be cool though.:D ;) Forgot where *Lara Croft* lives, but I would like to run into her also. Oh yeah, and Collin. ;) i'll edit if I forgot anybody. (which I probably did:o )

rocconorth
8th Aug 2002, 21:51
I haven't met up with anybody from the forum YET, but I would like to. It would be tough to do so because a lot of people live in other parts of the world. It's not like I'm going to go to England or something!:D "Rocconorth" would never do something like that, but this guy I know named Mac might.:p

Kat
9th Aug 2002, 12:05
yes......go here and look at the pics.....this is from the TR/King's Island Meet n Greet 2 weeks ago.

there is Suny, Beachy, TDC, me and my hubby

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3488

THE True Lara
9th Aug 2002, 16:01
Again, haven't met anyone from here.
I think the closest person to me is Prelude, and that's still about 4 hours drive......

What would be nice in an ideal situation is if we could actually have one of those Lara's house parties that we did in several threads a while back. :D That really would be fun, unlikely as it is.
Still if anyone wants to lend us their mansion for the weekend......

You can just see everyone standing round not communicating though. People just looking at each other wondering if they're someone they've chatted to online or not. You'd end up with conversations like;
"Who are you?
"Bob"
"oh right, I don't know a Bob"
"I use a different name online"
"Oh like Bobby, I know a Bobby!"
"No, I'm called Crazy Horse online!"
"Oh, I still don't know you then...."

Then again it might be interesting trying to work out who everyone is?