PDA

View Full Version : Who is the superior ?

Tidus of Zanarkand
7th Aug 2002, 06:49
I assume that this poll has already been carried out before
but the question needs ot be asked
Who is the superior memebr of Legacy of Kain

Obviously i will have missed plenty of options here, but yeah

keepittrue
7th Aug 2002, 08:02
You can argue between Kain and Vorador.

Azuriel
7th Aug 2002, 17:26
what about Mobie? he manages to screw everyone

darien_specter
7th Aug 2002, 18:19
Well now come on, Raziel CAN'T DIE. Even if he does get consumed by the Reaver, he's still there, as a pissy sword. (I would be, too... especially after seeing the Sarafan Lord lobbing shots at the Seer's house! Illegal use of Raziel, fifteen yards, repeat the down...) That HAS to count for something...

dago
7th Aug 2002, 19:57
me and my army voted for kain...he is my favourite character...but not necessarily the superior one..yet i still voted for him!!!

keepittrue
7th Aug 2002, 20:37
Raziel should not even be there.

Mordred
7th Aug 2002, 20:40
Well Kain gets my vote

Naja
7th Aug 2002, 20:41
Hey, it's all about Kain, man! He has to be superior. Besides, it didn't really ask 'who would last in a fight', it just asked who is all-around superior. ;)

Kain's Ancient Blade
7th Aug 2002, 21:12
It's gots to be Kain.

necropotence
9th Aug 2002, 18:20
Legacy of Raziel:confused:
Legacy of Voridor:confused:
Legacy of KAIN:cool:

Azrael
9th Aug 2002, 18:29
C'mon guys, Raz is the man!!!! (Or something that was left of it :D )...

Mordred
9th Aug 2002, 19:28
Well i did expect Raziel to be winning this :(

Good to see people still like Kain

Umah Bloodomen
9th Aug 2002, 19:50
Originally posted by Mordred
Well i did expect Raziel to be winning this :(

Good to see people still like Kain

I don't like Kain... I love Kain. ***drools*** ;) :p

**teleports out***

dago
9th Aug 2002, 21:17
im with her^

i totally agree...kain RULEZ!!!

darien_specter
9th Aug 2002, 21:52
Well, Legacy of Kain or not, Raziel is still to be the Savior of Nosgoth... and that's pretty superior, methinks...

Power reaver
12th Aug 2002, 13:46
Iam with Darien

ALL HAIL RAZIEL , THE SAVIOUR OF NOSGOTH

**Kain gets angry(and probably jeallous) and electrocutes Power Reaver**

ouch !

N0V4
19th Aug 2002, 12:37
Fans of 96 assemble and vote for Kain.
The ONLY hero of Nosgoth

He could have slained Raziel AGES ago, he KNOWS the future and only HE knew what was going to happen to Nosgoth.
HE holds secrets unknown to Raziel and lots of people.
He can damn the world into a eternety of suffering or save it (ofcourse he needed the REAL soul of the Reaver for it).

Now to think that Kain is winning in the SR forum, think about what would happen in the BO forum ;).

Power reaver
19th Aug 2002, 14:00
Actually this should have gone in the Community Chat forum . But even if it had gone the BO forum , it wouldent be much different since almost all the members visit all the forums .

Well the Question is who is the superior , people are confusing that with who s your favourite or whos the smartest .

If Raz wasent the superior , why would Kain , Moebius and Janos be after him . They want Raz on their side , or at least want him to do something which they cannot do .

In my opinion

My Fav Char - Raz
The Superior - Raz
The Smartest - Kain
The Slyist - Moebius
The most kind - Janos

N0V4
21st Aug 2002, 12:41
Kain could have let Raziel be sucked in the Blade in SR2 but he didnt.Thus making Kain the superior and smartest.

my opinion

Superior=Kain
Messiah=Raziel (but all messiahs need a master wich they surpase rght in the end of the story, like Neo and Morpheus)
Smartest=Janus:he lived for longer than any other creature (exept the elder?)thus he has more knowledge of whats goign on and whatcan happen.

Those are the 3 best, Vorador would probilly be the 4th but im just putting the top 3.

garbagefanuk
30th Aug 2002, 01:53
Originally posted by N0V4
Kain could have let Raziel be sucked in the Blade in SR2 but he didnt.Thus making Kain the superior and smartest.

Well of thats the case thwen it would be raziel who is superior since he's the one who fought against the fabric of time and space to stop himself killing Kain. There both as good as each other. They both f**k with time :)

When I'm Kain everyone dies!

Power reaver
31st Aug 2002, 03:16
Well of thats the case thwen it would be raziel who is superior since he's the one who fought against the fabric of time and space to stop himself killing Kain. There both as good as each other.

I couldent have said it better myself .:D

N0V4
2nd Sep 2002, 12:02
You are right.
The reaver has this power of showing you that faith is non existend.
You control your destiny, and Mobieus cant allow that cus by than he will lose power.
So he joined with the Elder.

still, kain is WAY more powerfull, I mean, look at his magic.
Though raziel cant die.
He IS the saiour of the vampires.
He can get in places that Kain can not.

garbagefanuk
4th Sep 2002, 23:09
You are right.
The reaver has this power of showing you that faith is non existend.
You control your destiny, and Mobieus cant allow that cus by than he will lose power.
So he joined with the Elder.

still, kain is WAY more powerfull, I mean, look at his magic.
Though raziel cant die.
He IS the saiour of the vampires.
He can get in places that Kain can not.

Says who? Kain can pretty much teleport where he wants. (this is being argued in another topic) but i;d say after like 3000 years of life Kain is pretty much impossible to kill now otherwise all these people who want him dead would have killed him thereselves

keepittrue
5th Sep 2002, 00:01
Originally posted by garbagefanuk

Says who? Kain can pretty much teleport where he wants. (this is being argued in another topic) but i;d say after like 3000 years of life Kain is pretty much impossible to kill now otherwise all these people who want him dead would have killed him thereselves

Me agrees.

Time Streamer
6th Sep 2002, 20:47
I agree as well.

N0V4
7th Sep 2002, 11:09
Kain CAN be killed, but I think by the reaver only.
Though Kain CAN teleport,there are places that are impossible to enter by magic (some magical field around it).

Places like the reaver forge.

garbagefanuk
7th Sep 2002, 18:33
Though Kain CAN teleport,there are places that are impossible to enter by magic (some magical field around it).

If Kain can be killed why doesn't someone pick up the reaver back in time and kill him with it (not the past Kain, the future 1 whos hopping round history changing things). and u got any proof to show that he can't teleport into those chmabers. just cos he doesn't don't mean he can't

Bloodspawn
7th Sep 2002, 19:31
Please excuse me as I have not read though the long list of entries to post, but will properly do so later, so someone may have said this already.
Allthough Mobius, and the Elder God seem to be privey to unknown truths and masters at manipulation, and Kain is willing to perish in his attempts to rewrite history, to preserve the Pillars, perferabley with Raziel but without if necessary, I believe that as Kain has said Raziel holds all the cards.
Examine what we know to this point, that if Raz had only checked his rage at his former zeal he whould never have become a unknowing slave and captive to the Blood Reaver, changing it and his own destiney forever. This is not to say in the same breath, that Raziel cannot undue what he unknowingly has done, with the help of the time streaming devises.
I believe that he will attempt just this.
His history as the "gullable" champion of Nozgoth runs deep and true, as the monument in the fire forge blithely testifies to his works yet revieled.

Umah Bloodomen
7th Sep 2002, 21:48

I suppose that I can agree a little bit with garbagefanuk...
just because Kain doesn't teleport there, does not necessarily rule out that he can or can't. My question is, why would he want to? IMO Raziel seems to be the only one who can imbue the reaver in its symbiotic form (not the physical blade) with the different elements of the forges. Judging by the murals in the forges, I would assume that Janos would be able to do this as well, seeing they are of ancient design and they are displayed in the murals as being imbued. This suggests that forges are for Ancient-only use.

On the speculation of Kain being unable to imbue the reaver, that would only make him able to check the places out (externally).

There has been another thread (that I will look up and post here) suggesting that once a place has been committed to memory (similar to the Bat Beacons of BO1, that a vampire can teleport themself back to those spots. I am sure that Kain has checked out most of Nosgoth (in many different eras) the forges included. He may not have gone inside, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know their locations.

Originally posted by Bloodspawn

Please excuse me as I have not read though the long list of entries to post, but will properly do so later, so someone may have said this already.
Allthough Mobius, and the Elder God seem to be privey to unknown truths and masters at manipulation, and Kain is willing to perish in his attempts to rewrite history, to preserve the Pillars, perferabley with Raziel but without if necessary, I believe that as Kain has said Raziel holds all the cards.
Examine what we know to this point, that if Raz had only checked his rage at his former zeal he whould never have become a unknowing slave and captive to the Blood Reaver, changing it and his own destiney forever. This is not to say in the same breath, that Raziel cannot undue what he unknowingly has done, with the help of the time streaming devises.
I believe that he will attempt just this.
His history as the "gullable" champion of Nozgoth runs deep and true, as the monument in the fire forge blithely testifies to his works yet revieled.

Moebius is only privey to unknown truths and a master of manipulation because he was trained by the best - Squiddy (whom I am still inclined to believe is Moebius' god - Hash'ak'gik).

Kain is willing to perish now only because he is bored with his existence and wants to prove those puppeteering this sadistic sideshow wrong. Kain's demeanor has changed a lot over the series and he does not seem as power hungry or vengeful as he was in the past. The last thing Kain is worried about at this point are the Pillars. He's out to stop the vicious circle of deceit within Nosgoth. Understandably I am sure Kain has accepted his death-to-come as a result of treading down this path. Does he know he will end up righting the Pillars? Of course he knows. I think he can and will only be content with that action after he has identified those involved with their demise and the newfound twisted nature of Nosgoth. (I expect big surprises here in future installments).

You are correct that Raziel holds all the cards, which makes me inclined to believe Kain and Raziel will work together in a sense. You need to remember something Raziel said to Moebius:

I don't think this has anything to do with the Pillars or Kain's failure to sacrifice himself. I think you're simply afraid - because you don't know what he's up to.
He's a wild-card, isn't he, and you don't want his influence in your game. Which is why you wanted me to eliminate him.
Now that he's survived, you have no idea what's coming, do you? Maybe for the first time in your entire life.
You're terrified that he may truly have found a third option out of the dilemma you orchestrated for him.

I think with Raziel holding all the cards and knowing this information about Kain (and I would go as far to say that Kain now knows this as well) that the stakes of the game have been raised and it may prove to be an unbeatable hand.

Poker anyone? :p ;)

Raziel is indeed gullible but it doesn't mean he isn't smart. (He's booksmart not streetsmart IMO - meaning more brains that common sense and reasoning). When Raziel's eyes are fully opened to the bigger picture surrounding his destiny and that of Kain's and Nosgoth's is (which Kain has already begun to do) then we will see the pieces fall into place and Raziel fufill his own destiny and keep the destiny of everyone else in check.

DMK_Uriel
7th Sep 2002, 22:59
I agree with Umah...

Bloodspawn
7th Sep 2002, 23:31
I love Kain. I love his passion and commitment to his rightfull birthright, to Guardian of the Balance. Just because he is infinately disposed to be the ruler of Nosgoth, doesn't mean that he must use Raziel as his means to obtain this. Kain knows that if he is to reclain his intended destiny then he and his first Leutenant must do it together, with or without Raziels' knowledge or consent. Kain will do whatever is necessary to reclaim their destinies. This is why I love Kain! If this means decieving Raz into working with him then that is what it will take. It is raziel who will become the instrument that causes Nosgoth and it's balance to be reclaimed. Kain and Raziel find a way to prevent Mobius from causing Raziel to become imprisioned in the Blood Reaver. But above all it is Kain who stears Raziel's destiny.

Bloodspawn
8th Sep 2002, 05:53
I believe that Kain's future is linked to Raziel's. This is why Kain has Raziel thrown into the Abyse. As Amy says this is a signal to Kain, that he knows exactly when and where, and what to do with Raziel because of his evolution. This tells Kain it is time for Raz to awaken, to set the events of the Reaver into motion, and ultimately for Raz, for the first time understand why he is the centre of the Nosgoth<s future.

Bloodspawn
8th Sep 2002, 06:10
Amen to that Umah!

N0V4
8th Sep 2002, 09:30
I dont think he can teleport EVERYWHERE.
I know this.
HUmm , lest see.OUH YEAH, he cant teleport to the spectral realm :D

garbagefanuk
8th Sep 2002, 17:33
Accually :D oh yeah i like doing this :p theres a pic of kain in the spectral realm for a second while he's fighting raz. when he teleports u shift realms and there he is fading again :)he mite enter it briefly just as he teleports. but i don't think he can stay there.

N0V4
11th Sep 2002, 20:58
Heh....I dont think teleprtation takes you to teh spectrel realm.
Its just a kind of de materaialise,and than all your molucules become you again.
Thats it,no more no less.

Umah Bloodomen
12th Sep 2002, 03:48
Here's a thread where this was up for discussion.

(REPOST) How Kain Recieved His Teleport Gift (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=725&highlight=Kain+teleport)

Anubis_Orr
12th Sep 2002, 11:53
Interesting thread..... Personally I think it's a natural gift of vampires, but it takes centuries-millenia to develop depending on who made the vampire and the vampire's hunting/ordeals.

Scathach
24th Feb 2003, 18:03
Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! *ya gotta love copy and paste :)*Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain! Kain!

fneh
24th Feb 2003, 20:15
erm...lets look at raziel.....without using any spoilers involving the reaver and kain cowering (oops)

now raziel is INVINCIBLE! INVINCIBLE!!!! KAIN is very much killable. Raziel on the otherhand CAN'T BE KILLED!!!! how can anyone be more powerful than the chosen vampire messiah that CAN'T BE KILLED!!! he may be a bit (well a lot) of a mess but he nearly killed MOBY at the start of SR2. Raziel is the only being that can create a paradox because.......... well you all know.

DarkWraith
26th Feb 2003, 09:04
I Vote Villager number 1!!!

SirRaziel
27th Feb 2003, 06:11
At this point in the series Kain is the most powerful out of all your choices.

Lady_D
30th Jun 2003, 12:41
No matter what anyone says-thats what I'll always believe!

OugaBooga
4th Jul 2003, 01:01
Kain is most powerful & Kain is the smartest.
I think raziel is a lil slow in the head actually,he talks to himself too much;) [raz the schizo:p]
All 3 titles are called legacy of kain & since when have you heard of a moron or weakling having a legacy......like Legacy of village idiot;)
Kain with his soul reaver RULEZ:D

tedsouf
30th Jul 2003, 01:10
i voted for vorador but it should be janos

The Hunted
5th Jul 2004, 06:55
I deffinatly think raziel even though kain is the coolest and the strongest raziel has so much more and like kain said in defiance he is the only one that has free will now that has to count for somthing. :)

HyldenGuard
5th Jul 2004, 10:05
I don't see why Raz is hear, Raziel was one of Kains lesser sons... the sons who were lesser than Kain! The fact he's now a vampire wraith does nothing really for him.

khorne
14th Jul 2004, 17:54
Kain coz he is the scion of balance & the game titled legacy of KAIN

rambo3
14th Jul 2004, 18:46
Kain is the most powerful. Period. If you look back you'll see that noone has ever acumulated such a great variety of spells and abilities as Kain. Yes, Raziel defeated Kain, but to me that was a little bit of luck, since Raziel stuck his hand in Kain's chest when Kain was pretty much trying to help him not to enter the Reaver. Raziel is a great warrior because of his brains, but in shear power noone beats Kain.

khorne
15th Jul 2004, 03:23
Originally posted by rambo3
Yes, Raziel defeated Kain, but to me that was a little bit of luck

i dont think it was luck coz rember raziels eyes (glowing green) so i think the hylden was helping him & what he said after when he beat him how that it "fueled his rage" or something like that

HyldenGuard
19th Jul 2004, 09:45
Originally posted by fneh
erm...lets look at raziel.....without using any spoilers involving the reaver and kain cowering (oops)

now raziel is INVINCIBLE! INVINCIBLE!!!! KAIN is very much killable. Raziel on the otherhand CAN'T BE KILLED!!!! how can anyone be more powerful than the chosen vampire messiah that CAN'T BE KILLED!!! he may be a bit (well a lot) of a mess but he nearly killed MOBY at the start of SR2. Raziel is the only being that can create a paradox because.......... well you all know.

ANd when did it sy Raziel's unkillable! Kain is only able to be killed by the Soul Reaver, and Raziel is now a prisoner within the soul reaver... gutted, but it would appear Kain is a lot more invulnerable than Raziel. Also Mobieous said in Defiance that Raz was the one who would kill Kain, and he doesn't because he's now in the soul reaver.... so yet again, Kain is rather invulnerable.

OugaBooga
23rd Jul 2004, 01:39
KAIN IS the ULTIMATE in BLOOD LINES,HE can NEVER be destroyed by common human means.
IF any of u have followed this time line u'd KNOW that KAIN is pretty much "invincible".
He's NO fool & he KNOWS fools,which is the common man/woman.
you could say that he's the beginning & the end;)

ShadowFeared
29th Jul 2004, 12:00
Personally I'd have to decide it like this:

It can't be Vorador because he has already lost to Moebius and been 'killed' at least once. Thus he hasn't really proved to be superior.

Again it can't be Moebius because he has already died a couple of times and is now pretty much gone for good. He didn't even realise he was worshiping a giant squid and he let Kain wipe the floor with him using merely telekinetic powers. So he wasn't superior to much.

And it can't be Raziel because he has a destiny that ends with him being sucked into a sword so he can't really be superior when he is destined to help Kain in such a monumental way. But he is basically indestructible so that puts him above the other two IMO at least.

So this only leaves Kain for me to choose, and I'd say thats because his arrogance just keeps on going! ;)

OugaBooga
30th Jul 2004, 04:23
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,his arrogance is LOVELY:D