PDA

View Full Version : Will Thief III be coming to the Xbox?

d_marinas
6th Aug 2002, 23:17
Being a *massive* fan of the Thief series on PC (Thief II was the best PC game ever made IMHO!) I have recently shifted over to the Xbox for my gaming needs.

I am wondering if Eidos is planning to have Thief III ported/developed for release on the Xbox as well as the PC?

Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Eagerly awaiting any official response...

Komag
7th Aug 2002, 04:22
yes

d_marinas
7th Aug 2002, 04:24
Yes as in you know it's coming or yes as in you hope it does too?

:)

Zaccheus
7th Aug 2002, 15:33
I'm certain it will also be on the XBox.

I even heard someone say you can get Thief2 on the XBox now,
but I don't know if that's true.

Have you played the FMs?

Komag
7th Aug 2002, 16:44
Yes, it's coming to XBox, but to PC first. I have an XBox and love it, so perhaps I'll get both versions since I'm a huge Thief fan! :D

d_marinas
7th Aug 2002, 22:29
Yes, I am a huge theif fan as well but alas my personal PC is rather a cruddy P2 350Mhz. My old PC died and that's the one I played all my thiefy goodness on. Now I play the T2 FMs on my brothers machine when I am over there.

And yes, the Xbox is truly amazing equipment, if T3 is coming to the box I am going to be extremely pleased indeed :)

Note --- Add to 'must have' xbox games list - Thief 3.

heh heh heh

Zaccheus
8th Aug 2002, 11:49
I play Thief 1 & 2 on a PII-350 !

ChangelingJane
8th Aug 2002, 15:01
And hey, with X-Box's harddrive, it might even be possible to play FMs on it. I mean, you'll apparently be able to do that with Unreal Championship.

Komag
8th Aug 2002, 21:04
But not the FMs made by fans using the PC version and the PC editor, I'm afraid, because the two versions will be different and work different. So there will probably be NO XBox FMs for Thief 3.

d_marinas
8th Aug 2002, 22:34
That's a shame, some of the best work regarding the Thief series and a major component of it's longevity came from the user made FMs - I know I have spent countless hours playing FMs in the past!

I am going to try and hack together a decent gaming machine this weekend solely for playing Thief.

I am having withdrawls :)