PDA

View Full Version : Import/export Multi-brush ??

theBlackman
6th Aug 2002, 22:06
I was told that Multi-brushes can be saved and then imported, or added to a mission under construction.

How? Is the MB saved as a regular .mis or what. When a .mis file is up in Dromed, how do you add the selected brush(es) into the mission?

Lytha
6th Aug 2002, 22:37
It's possible that this menu entry is a feature of Komag's menu, but I have a "Multibrush" up there in the menu bar.

Exporting and Importing of the multibrush is done with this thing - make your multibrush, and select "Multibrush->Save Group". I'd recommend that you make a new directory for these things, and that you give them easy to identify names. :)

Then make a new mission. Click on "Multibrush->Load Group", and it will ask you what to import. Select your previously saved multibrush, and it will sit on 1,1,1 and wait for you to drag it around.

Zaccheus
6th Aug 2002, 22:37
I think it is on the main menu:
MultiBrush>Load
and
MultiBrush>Save

theBlackman
6th Aug 2002, 22:48
Thanks guys and gals. Yes the Save group is in the menu, but the information as to whether this allowed you to move it between differing constructions was not.

Some drafting progs, link the items to a particular "file" or "map" if you will, so thanks for the information.

With all the nice tutorials out there, I'm surprised someone has not broken the menus and sub-menus down with info on what each item does.

I don't necessarily mean every item and nuance in Fnord, but more like Multibrush does this: Saved groups can be used like this: etc.

You know my meaning I am sure. Thanks again. No problem at the moment. I'm more or less dissecting DROMED a piece at a time to see what happens.

Apache
7th Aug 2002, 04:36
Yes you can save Multi-brushes and use them for other projects. A few people have even made multi-brushes of sprial stairs and such for people to use. This does only cause 1 problem..the multi-brush doesn't save the textures you assign to it..just a number value. meaning the is woodplank is what you use and it falls in spot 100 on your texture list. then your multi-brush will assign #100 to each face using that texture. now if someone loads up the same MB into there level and say has green carpet in the #100 spot..not everything that was wood will now be green..does that make sense? if not..sorry..i tend to ramble at times. now as for the object MB..provided someone didn't royaly mess up thier object heirachry ..then using those shouldn't be a problem.

Apache
7th Aug 2002, 04:46
Originally posted by theBlackman

With all the nice tutorials out there, I'm surprised someone has not broken the menus and sub-menus down with info on what each item does.

I don't necessarily mean every item and nuance in Fnord, but more like Multibrush does this: Saved groups can be used like this: etc.

Funny you mention this. I started doing this very thing with my custom DromEd menu that I use. I have alot of extras in mine that I use alot. Maybe I'll finish it and post it somewhere to people to use if the need is out there.

theBlackman
7th Aug 2002, 17:14
Originally posted by Apache

Funny you mention this. I started doing this very thing with my custom DromEd menu that I use. I have alot of extras in mine that I use alot. Maybe I'll finish it and post it somewhere to people to use if the need is out there.

I would be overjoyed to see it.

xarax
8th Aug 2002, 17:12
When you load a multibrush (i.e., "group"), all of the things in the group are placed into the current mission starting at the timing of the currently selected thing. Thus, the currently selected thing and everything after that will be pushed after the things in the loaded group.

Unless you are an expert with groups, you should immediately press (while the group is still selected) the "To End" button to move all of the things in the group to the end of time. Otherwise, you could see some strange stuff happening when you portalize.

Also, be sure to unselect the group before snapping to grid. You'll be very glad you did.