PDA

View Full Version : King's Island MNG Photos!

Kat
6th Aug 2002, 15:09
Here ya are folks, pics for you all to look over and admire ;)

First off we have the boys braving Drop Zone
http://www.katladyspics.homestead.com/files/dropzone1.JPG

Then we have them after their death defying freefall. Me thinks TDC highly enjoyed this ride
http://www.katladyspics.homestead.com/files/dropzone2.JPG

Then we have the brave crew again, only this time they roped Beachy into going. Looks a little fearful if you ask me, or it may just be the thought of lunch coming back up
http://www.katladyspics.homestead.com/files/dropzone3.JPG

Here we are ready for our adventure. Let me tell you, those arms of TDC give good hugs
http://www.katladyspics.homestead.com/files/pkientrance.JPG

Here are the brave ones again and I am behind the camera, of course.
http://www.katladyspics.homestead.com/files/thegang1.JPG

and then all of us in front of the reason we got together
http://www.katladyspics.homestead.com/files/trrideentrance2.JPG

TombRaiderChik
6th Aug 2002, 17:20
awesum pix!! looks like u guys had a blast! i wish i culdve gone!

babycroft
6th Aug 2002, 22:01
Mmhm. Who's going to send me that free ticket? Hmm? Hmm?! *drools* Looks like you guys had tons of fun. Wish I could've been there.

LARAMANIAC
6th Aug 2002, 22:45
After reading your reports on Kat's older thread and looking at your photos here - I am soooooooo jealous!!! You had a blast and I wish I could have been there!!!!! One day I will make a Meet 'n' Greet!!!! Looks like the next one will be New York which means they are slowly headed my way!!!! The piccys were great thanks for sharing!!!!!!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

BeachyBallZ
6th Aug 2002, 23:30
Ohhhh my goodness!!! I have a dimple!! I never knew that!! Look in pic # 5. and what is up with me looking scared in all these pics?? Cause I wasn't goll durn it. LOL

TombRaiderChik
6th Aug 2002, 23:34
beachy how was that ride?! cuz theres one exactly like it at six flags and im goin there thursday adn i plan on gettin my *** on it...so is it fun!? :D

John Carter
7th Aug 2002, 01:14
Well, it looks like a grand time was had by all! Darn, hated to miss out on that one, maybe schedule will allow next time...

TDC, man, you have been pumping some serious iron! :D

TDC
7th Aug 2002, 01:33
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik
beachy how was that ride?! cuz theres one exactly like it at six flags and im goin there thursday adn i plan on gettin my *** on it...so is it fun!? :D Are you going to Agawam, Chik? That ride runs a bit different than the Drop Zone. There's only one ring of chairs on the Drop Zone vs. three separate, smaller rings at SFNE. (Is it called the Scream?) In Drop Zone, we were pulled up slowly, turned all the way around so we could see the whole park, then dropped. In the Scream, you are yanked up and down the tower abruptly, sometimes stopping halfway, with pauses in between. The big difference is that the Drop Zone went almost twice as high as the Scream (315 feet vs. 165).
Originally posted by John Carter
TDC, man, you have been pumping some serious iron! :DYou want to know the best part? I got a lot of compliments about my arms that day, but I never work them out!

*Lara Croft*
7th Aug 2002, 01:37
I just went to KI today. It was PACKED, and TR was closed, so the only things we rode were Flight of Fear, The Racers, 7th Portal, Adventure Express, and Viking Fury. My friend and I walked around in the stores all day. I didn't go to waterworks, it was too cold. (Cincinnati weather is CRAZY! Hot and rainy one day, chilly and breezy the next.)

Sorry, just felt like I needed to complain. :D

TombRaiderChik
7th Aug 2002, 01:56
yupp thas where i am goin! and i didnt mean the scream ride i meant the ride where ure strapped in and ure layin on ure stomaches and theres 3 large poles and ure brought up reeeeaaalllly high adn then i think u can let go of this cord and u go flyin down. i was wonderin wut that ride was like. scream is awesum tho!...have u been the the six flags there tdc? if so how u like superman!?! (if u went on it. but how culd u not:p)

and y wuld pple complain about ure arms!!?! they look great!! :D

BeachyBallZ
7th Aug 2002, 02:33
Iloved the "Drop Zone" aaaaaand the "Rip Cord".. I enjoyed the whole park !! I had more fun there than I think I've had in the last 5 years prior to the visit! Seriously!!! I had forgotten how fun having fun was !!! LOL It was a total rush TRC !!!! After I got out of my seat I kept looking up to see if my stomach was ever going to come back down from the top of the lift . :D

TDC
7th Aug 2002, 02:34
Ah, you meant the Rip Cord ride. Yes, that was pretty much exactly the same as the one at SFNE. A bit expensive, but a lot of fun. There was a group of three people going ahead of us, and a young girl (I'm guessing 13 years old) was crying and wailing about not wanting to go once she was strapped in. Kat's husband, Beachy, and I were openly and mercilessly laughing at her while the woman riding with her ignored the pleas. Her attitude was essentially, "You wanted to go, I paid - you're going!" When they sailed by us, the scream that became louder and then faded in the distance had me in hysterics. After all that noise, the girl couldn't stop grinning when the ride was over. She even wanted to go again!

I went on the Superman ride, all right. I just loved that first drop - it's nearly vertical! It was nice and fast, but I was shocked that that a new coaster was designed with no loops. Oh, well. I want to go back when the Batman ride is actually open.

And I didn't say that people complained about my arms - I said they complimented them, kind of like you just did. Thanks!

BeachyBallZ
7th Aug 2002, 03:08
[QUOTE]Kat's husband, Beachy, and I were openly and mercilessly laughing at her[QUOTE]

That made me laugh soo hard just now TDC. I had forgotten about that !!! LMaO :D We were kind of ............ cold (for lack of a better word) to her weren't we . Ahhh the memories from all of this are priceless!!!

And You are right TRC ..... TDC's arms indeed look great ! They're HUGE!!! :D

TombRaiderChik
7th Aug 2002, 03:19
oooo woopz i miss read it!! lol

well i think im gonna see if me my dad and my bf can get on it!! i heard it costs less by the amount of pple...like instead of 25 or so for one person its like 18 if u have 3 or more than one...i dunno wut im sayin neva mind...i think im gonna go to bed soon!

oh and the batman ride is workin! well at least i hope it is. thursday will b my first time on it since it opened! woohoo!! :D:D

DaveJ
7th Aug 2002, 09:02
Who are you all again?

GoranAgar
7th Aug 2002, 09:18
Originally posted by DaveJ
Who are you all again?
Who are you talking to? :confused:

;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
7th Aug 2002, 11:05
*Cat screaches through like she has sparks in her 'tail leaving mystified looks in her wake as delicate bits of furr drift like feathers...making everyone sneeze*

Deekman
8th Aug 2002, 02:19
Awesome pix!

TDC - You look so at ease in that first pic!
Then the fun lets loose! Wish I coulda been there!
But I doubt you coulda got me on any ride that turns you upside down.
If an NYC Meet & Greet happens, I WILL ride the Cyclone at Coney Island.
It's not big. It's not too fast. But it's rickety and loud as all get out!

Rose662
8th Aug 2002, 04:26
Great pics! Thank you for sharing them with us.

It looks like you all had a great time!

:D

BeachyBallZ
8th Aug 2002, 07:08
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and speak for everyone that was there!!!! YES We all had a GREAT time!! And we even liked being around each other too!! :D Can you imagine that .... a group of insane TR fans, enjoying each others company. LMaO :rolleyes: Go fig ehhhh??

Kat ...... every time I look at these pics it makes me wanna come back!!! Seriously!! I REALLLLLLYYYY had a wonderful time.

Thanks TDC, Kat, Suny & Will for the priceless and unforgettable experience!! I will treasure the memories. Honest! :) *sigh* *Beachy misses her friends very much*

Kat
8th Aug 2002, 13:15
Oh, I miss you guys too :( I wished it hadn't been so hot, because I would've have felt better and been more energetic. But believe me, this isn't going to be the only time we do this. There is always next year too :D

We will come see you, then you have to come see us, but this time, you're flying into Indianapolis, because I don't want to go to jail for beating down a Chicago Midway security guard like I almost did 2 weeks ago ;)

BeachyBallZ
8th Aug 2002, 23:16
No upsidedown rides ehhhh DEEK???? :rolleyes:
BOK~BOK~BOK!!!!!!!! Chicken!!! Those are the ones that give you a rush silly man. Jeesh ....... Don't you know Nuppin??? LOL J/K ;)
I bet if we all were to try hard enough we could get you on one!!! *hee~hee* We're good like that !!! Ask Kat she knows.... HUH TDC :D

TDC
9th Aug 2002, 02:11
A little bit of gentle persuastion...some alcohol...and a little duct tape. Yeah, we could get you on one of those rides, Deek!

By the way, has Kat stopped screaming about the Face/Off ride yet?

TombRaiderChik
9th Aug 2002, 02:37
hmm well i went to six flags today....50 bux for a ride on that skycoaster....my dad sed it wasnt worth it :(:(

but at the end of the month im visitin cuzins in ohio who live 15 mins away from kgins island!! so maybe i have another chance to go on it!

o and tdc the new batman ride is awesum!! i went on it 3 times! its sooo fun...but doesnt compare to superman :p

AmO
9th Aug 2002, 04:23
loved the piccys...thanks for posting them:)
looks like you all had a fun time there. cool

BeachyBallZ
9th Aug 2002, 10:27
Yeahhhh!!! LMaO You have the right idea TDC !! :D Who needs alcohol when you have duct tape ?? That's what I wanna know. I'm pretty sure that Kat has stopped screaming, or she's lost her voice...... LOL Either way I can't hear her any more!!!

Hmmmmmmmm.........*ponder* duct tape. uhmmmmmm Nevermind !!! *hee ~hee* :o I'll just keep that little thought to myself !!!

*Beachy walks out giggling to herself* I told you guys I crack me up!! LOL ;)

Kat
9th Aug 2002, 12:03
Originally posted by TDC
A little bit of gentle persuastion...some alcohol...and a little duct tape. Yeah, we could get you on one of those rides, Deek!

By the way, has Kat stopped screaming about the Face/Off ride yet?

hardy har har, you better be glad I didn't puke like I was screaming I was going to! or else that white shirt of yours wouldn't be so white right now :p I can't even begin to believe that you and Will got me on that ride. I damned near chickened out and was about to walk on through and exit, but I figured that you are taller and faster than me, so why run? ;)

TDC
9th Aug 2002, 12:55
What white shirt? Were you hallucinating or something? (Drugs are bad, mkay?)

Don't forget, I did manage to see you puke that night, darlin'. From ringside, no less!

Kat
9th Aug 2002, 14:27
I thought I puked the following night, after that beer at Hard Rock? or am I actually hallucinating?

All I remember is Will said I tried to take off your shirt or something?

TDC
9th Aug 2002, 18:12
Wow, somebody's memory is short. We went on the Face/Off ride on Sunday. We drove back to your place on Sunday afternoon. We went out to the Hard Rock on Sunday night. You got toasted off of a whopping two beers (actually, it was more like one and a half), and I was helping you walk when you gave them back on the sidewalk - a little something for the brothers and sisters who aren't here, perhaps?

Yeah, I might have been wearing a white shirt by then. I wouldn't say that you were trying to pull my shirt off, but you were...admiring my stomach. You were just a bit suggestive beyond that, but why drudge that up here...?
:p

Kat
9th Aug 2002, 18:44
oh lord, I didn't need to know the stomach part :D

it was fun though :)

see, I am fun when I have had a few beers ;)

BeachyBallZ
11th Aug 2002, 10:55
FOFLMaO !!!!!!!! reading these posts made me laugh sooooo hard!! LOL :D Another flood of "such fun" memories.

Kat you were so smashed that night!! I had forgotten how complimentary you were to TDC. *hee~hee* :p Jeese everything happened so fast while I was there all of the things that happened are still all jumbled up in a big ball.

Slowly but surely I'm getting each of them ironed out and put into proper order though. So I figure by Christmas of next year I'll be able to recall everything with perfectly. I think that's pretty good!!
*Beachy is verrrrrrry proud of herself* :D

B/T/W Kitty .... TDC is right about the time line and the order of chain of events. But did any of us ever question that ??? :cool:

BeachyBallZ
24th Aug 2002, 19:52
ohhhhhhhhhhhh it's a saaaad day in Beachyland . :( I went and had my pics forn the Meet ~n~ Greet developed. Every last one of them came out grey.......yes grey. like the shutter on my camera wasn't working.

*Beachy runs off bawling her eyes out* waaaaaaaa!!!!

So now .............if anymore pics are to be seen it will be from TDC! It's on you my friend!! :)

Trinity34
27th Aug 2002, 15:02
Sounds like you guys had a great time but you never said anything about the ride. How did you like that?

TDC
27th Aug 2002, 17:03
The ride was good, but it wasn't nearly the best one at the park. (For me, that was either Drop Zone or The Beast.) The presentation for the ride, meaning the feeling of entering a tomb/movie set once the line went inside the building, was great. There was a room before the actual ride where there was a short video and a mini-light show, but I could hardly make sense out of any of the audio. I was hyped up by the time we went to the next room where the actual ride was. The jungle drum music that was playing helped keep me in the mood.

There are two rows (I think) with close to 30 seats in each, all side by side. Basically, all the seats moved up and down in an arc while being rotated forward and back. The ride could move slowly, then suddenly spin you and jerk you around. You could be held in an awkward position and moved up toward stalactites sporting the skeletons of less fortunate adventurers, or be hanging upside down in the darkness after being dropped, just long enough to be flung back up in the air. If you were carrying something that wasn't firmly secured, you were gonna lose it!

In all, I'm still glad I went, but the ride was relatively short for all that time spent in line, even though the line wasn't nearly as long as it could have been. I wasn't in a huge hurry to go again once I'd done it. The feeling was more of "mission accomplished" than excitement and awe.

I have to tell you, though - watching Beachy get a bunch of unwanted attention from a mentally challenged boy while we were in line...I nearly had to swallow my whole face to keep from laughing! (For the record, she was being nice, but the people with the boy should have reeled him in a bit more. He was friendly to everyone else, but he seemed afraid of me. That just made it even funnier.)

Kat
27th Aug 2002, 17:22
Yeah, and remember, one of his caretakers wanted to reel you in ;)

TDC
27th Aug 2002, 18:50
Perhaps, but she barely spoke to me, not that it mattered. The only way I found out was because the rest of you were yakking it up with her. Other than that, I was completely oblivious!

Besides, who picks somebody up at an amusement park?!

"Hey, baby! You're kinda cute! Wanna go on the teacups?"

BeachyBallZ
27th Aug 2002, 21:50
OOOOOOOOHHHHHH man !!! FOFLMaO I deffinitely suffer from selective memory loss cause I had totally forgotten about "my friend" . You're right I was being nice and he tried attaching himself to me! If I remember correctly there were a couple of times that you and I both should have swallowed our faces TDC. Cause we were laughing pretty hard. [:D]

The TR ride was fun and Will got a sprayed with water right in the eye. But like TDC, I wasn't really wowed by it . Perhaps if we had been able to go on it first it would have seemed more impressive. But the Drop Zone took top on my vote list of best rides in the park!! <<<<What a RUSH>>>>

BeachyBallZ
27th Aug 2002, 21:53
Speaking of TeaCups !!!!!!! How did we manage to miss those?? So much to do so little time ehh??? Again everyone, Thanks for the wonderful memories!!! ((((((((((((huggs))))))))))) I luv you all !! :D

TDC
28th Aug 2002, 20:25
I'm still not sure that I saw any teacups at the park. Beachy, I appreciate your show of courage, but you may have lucked out for not getting on one of those rides with me!

BeachyBallZ
29th Aug 2002, 23:31
I think it would have been tons of fun bing slung around in that thing..................... lol
That's about all that would've happened. and I am well aware of that. Kat said there was a teacup ride there somewhere. But I don't recall seeing one either.

Jewel
14th Sep 2002, 17:46
"Misson accomplished", TDC. Thanks!