PDA

View Full Version : This may be useful with regards to "Azimuth the Planer & A few extra theories..."

Raz
6th Aug 2002, 14:25
Now, I dunno if this'll be of any help to anyone, but I figured I'd post it here anyway...

I was looking through some old magazines of mine about a week ago and I found a rendered pic of Azimuth. I remembered that Ardeth Silvereni had mentioned that it was a shame that no rendered art existed and people had to make do with screenshots. Anyway, after I found the pic I scanned it and sent it to Ardeth. She suggested that people here may be interested as there was a thread discussing Azimuth recently.

Anyway, I've posted a link to the pic below:

http://www.darkchronicle.co.uk/misc/AzimuthRaz.JPG

The link was given to me by Ardeth and I'm not sure if it's a permanent link, however...

Also, I do ask that if anyone uses the pic on their site that I get a mention as provider of the pic. ;)

So, enjoy! :)

KainSyndrome101
6th Aug 2002, 17:15
Interesting...

Ardeth Silvereni
6th Aug 2002, 18:17
I'll keep the image hosted at that address for a while at least. :)

I certainly haven't seen anything like this image before. It makes me wish I had a better collection of old games magazines.
I mentioned to Raz that she seemed to be missing her third eye, but that's definately her. Perhaps it was done before her Pillar Token was decided upon.
Raz suggested that the green collar gem might be significant - she does have green eyes in the pic too.

Anyway, it's a nice pic. Thanks for sharing it Raz! :)

Raz
6th Aug 2002, 19:33
No worries Silver! :)

Umah Bloodomen
7th Aug 2002, 15:29
I can't get the picture to load. I'd really like to see this though, so please try to get that fixed. :)

Ardeth Silvereni
7th Aug 2002, 19:28
I'm not sure what's wrong. The URL was working yesterday, and I haven't changed anything. I guess there's a bug somewhere.

If that one still isn't working, try this:
http://www.silvereni.homestead.com/files/AzimuthRaz.jpg

Sorry about the problems with the last link. :(

Azuriel
7th Aug 2002, 19:44
last link worked fine

must`ve been Umah`s browser/provider

Raz
7th Aug 2002, 22:11
Yeah, the last link worked for me too, as you know Silver... :)

Umah Bloodomen
7th Aug 2002, 22:57
Originally posted by Azuriel
last link worked fine

must`ve been Umah`s browser/provider

Azuriel, I have checked this link through both IE version 5 and 6 as well as Netscape and still can't view it properly. I have cleared out all of my cookies/temp internet files and other cache-related folders and still came up with nothing. I doubt it is a browser problem.

Ardeth - I was able to view the image through the second link you posted. As far as the first one goes, you may want to double check the directory it is stored in because I am getting the impression that it doesn't exist. When I change the .JPG extension to a lowercase extension (.jpg) it says that the file is temporarily unavailable and may not exist. It also says the same thing when I remove the image name and the extension and attempt to look at just the directory. **shrugs*** Go figure. ;) :p

P.S. I even tried to save the pic to my computer and still came up with nothing. I think the file could also be corrupt.

Ardeth Silvereni
8th Aug 2002, 08:19
It's definately got a .JPG extention rather than .jpg. It's just how Adobe Photoshop saves my files. That's why the "temporarily unavailable/may not exist page" comes up when looking for a .jpg version. There really isn't one.

The folder exists too, but I did check my site's error list. A couple of times, the /misc directory hasn't been found. I'm not sure whether there is a slight corruption my end (like you suggested, Umah), or if my host was just having an off-day. That link didn't work for me properly yesterday either, but it seems ok now.

As long as one of the links worked for you, I'm happy. :) If the top link is still not functioning properly in a few days, I see what I can do about it.

Umah Bloodomen
8th Aug 2002, 17:54
Originally posted by Ardeth Silvereni
It's definately got a .JPG extention rather than .jpg. It's just how Adobe Photoshop saves my files. That's why the "temporarily unavailable/may not exist page" comes up when looking for a .jpg version. There really isn't one.

The folder exists too, but I did check my site's error list. A couple of times, the /misc directory hasn't been found. I'm not sure whether there is a slight corruption my end (like you suggested, Umah), or if my host was just having an off-day. That link didn't work for me properly yesterday either, but it seems ok now.

As long as one of the links worked for you, I'm happy. :) If the top link is still not functioning properly in a few days, I see what I can do about it.

Do this function manually from now on in Photoshop:

File > save as > manually type the name with the lowercase extension. (I usually have to do this because I use a lot of .png formats.

The picture was cool! Obviously Lady Azimuth. Thanks a lot for sharing that! :)

Good luck with the server/image problems.

Raz
8th Aug 2002, 18:24
Glad you liked it Umah Bloodomen... :D

L_Master562
8th Aug 2002, 19:36
Sure, it took a while. There are plenty of computer file types I have that my computer can display and there are plenty of unusual types I found support for. I like that image. And I thought she was the only member of the circle never to have one part of them in 3D made for the first game. Guess I was wrong. Even Nupraptor had his head shown, so I guess all have been glorified in 3D. I always wondered why in game though she was left out. I have Internet Explorer myself. Instead of instantly being displayed like the other, the first took 5 seconds. With my connection, few things do that.