PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think Turel's dark gift for Raziel will be?

playaphilosophy
6th Aug 2002, 05:32
If Turel return in SR3, Raziel is in persuit after him and absorbs Turel's soul. What do you think Raziel new dark gift will be? I think it will be a spell that can turn Kain into a frog, only the kiss of death from the soul reaver can freed him from being a frog.

darien_specter
6th Aug 2002, 05:39
Ohhh, no, now we'll have a huge line of chicks waiting to kiss Kain and free him... ;)

warpsavant
6th Aug 2002, 05:41
I dont know what it'll be or if he'll even kill him, but if he does, the dark gift certainly isnt going to be what you suggest playaphilopy.

willow
6th Aug 2002, 06:00
I'm going to assume for the time being that Turel is in cahoots with Kain. So Raziel won't wind up killing him... but given the hypothetical... I'd say the magical power of jellybeans... you don't know pain until you know jellybean pain.

Either that or Raziel will gain the ability to attack bad guys with the power of bad 80's rock anthems from hair bands...

Vampmaster
6th Aug 2002, 21:13
I think it was going to be an enhanced projectile in SR1, but they might have changed their minds by now.

keepittrue
6th Aug 2002, 22:11
May be constrict again:D

I dont know, but something tells me (unfortunately) that we wont be killing Turel.

CyberFish
7th Aug 2002, 23:51
Possibly enhanced physical strength, allowing Raziel to shatter barriers that he wasn't able to before. Strength appears to be the main attribute of the Turelim, other than the telekinetic projectiles.

Alternatively, Raziel could gain true telekinesis, allowing him to operate switches and pick up items from a distance. This seems to be the better option, as it gives more scope for puzzles based on the ability.

Umah Bloodomen
8th Aug 2002, 00:08
I might have to agree with Keep on this. Perhaps we won't be necessarily "killing" Turel.

I have considered the fact we may fight him once as a Vampire Lieutenant and continue the battle as Turel is evolved. (This all depends on how much time streaming is involved in SR3).

An enhanced telekinetic projectile is a possibility, but come on, how more enhanced can the projectile ability get without becoming cheesy and X-men like? :p

I think at this point it is too early to say which direction Turel's involvement within the series will take. I like the fact he may be in total cahoots with Kain, I think he could be on his own, or perhaps he could be in cahoots with someone else. Who knows?

Maybe at the deciding moment where Kain is supposed to die at Raziel's hands (if that be the case) and Turel is in cahoots, perhaps he will sacrifice himself and spare Kain. (Thus postponing destiny and ensuring the Puppetmasters don't win).

A lot of possibilities with this one. I can't wait to find out what is going to happen.

Turel rocks! :p

Tidus of Zanarkand
8th Aug 2002, 02:05
in the event that Raziel did kill turel, and in the interest of enhanced gameplay, he could get invisibility or super speed or as Cyberfish said, enhanced strength. Another cool one could be to jump long idstance, like in Blood Omen 2

willow
8th Aug 2002, 07:15
Yeah but think about that last one from a logical standpoint... I mean sure Turel looks like the Easter bunny on steroids but after a millennia of evolving, Turel, the second born of Kain's lieutenants... evolves... into a large jumping bunny... you get the jump ability... I'd assume he'd have something a bit more cerebral to add to gameplay... well I'd hope so... I mean... come on, "yay, after all of that arduous evolving... I can now jump farther"... ooooooo... but I doubt Raziel will wind up killing him so it doesn't matter...

Power reaver
8th Aug 2002, 09:52
I dont think its a very wise question to ask but what are the odds of the wraith blade getting saparated from Raz .

Think about it , till Raz has the wraith blade he is quite powerful , and adding a really cool new ability into his arsenal with the wraith blade still there would make the game become way too easy (Iam sure Raz is going to fight humans in SR3 , how much tougher can you make a human being just so that the fight just doesent become freakishly easy and boring ?)

Super Jump , telikinesis , super projectile are all ok , but they have already been used up , I want something new and original . Like :

The ability to use Razes soul as a weapon , so Razes health coil will deplete as he uses this ability .

I think everything can fit in this :
for eg : Raz can super charge a projectile with his soul to give it some extra fire power , but in turn Raz is soul will keep depleting till the charging stops .

Then perhaps Raziel can super charge his hands and legs to give him a little advantage in combat , and allow him to jump further and move faster .

Heres another ability : Astral Projection (the spelling?) , which would allow Raziel to move around the Material realm as a ghost (ie spectral creature from the spectral realm , alot like Arial and Moebiuses ghost) , this would make Raziel invisible to the normal human being , nobody can harm him , unfortunantely he too can harm nobody (exceptions could be there) , if Razes "empty" body is destroyed then his spirit is shunted back in the spectral Realm .

Umah Bloodomen
8th Aug 2002, 17:58
Originally posted by Power reaver
I dont think its a very wise question to ask but what are the odds of the wraith blade getting saparated from Raz .

Think about it , till Raz has the wraith blade he is quite powerful , and adding a really cool new ability into his arsenal with the wraith blade still there would make the game become way too easy (Iam sure Raz is going to fight humans in SR3 , how much tougher can you make a human being just so that the fight just doesent become freakishly easy and boring ?)

Super Jump , telikinesis , super projectile are all ok , but they have already been used up , I want something new and original . Like :

The ability to use Razes soul as a weapon , so Razes health coil will deplete as he uses this ability .

I think everything can fit in this :
for eg : Raz can super charge a projectile with his soul to give it some extra fire power , but in turn Raz is soul will keep depleting till the charging stops .

Then perhaps Raziel can super charge his hands and legs to give him a little advantage in combat , and allow him to jump further and move faster .

Heres another ability : Astral Projection (the spelling?) , which would allow Raziel to move around the Material realm as a ghost (ie spectral creature from the spectral realm , alot like Arial and Moebiuses ghost) , this would make Raziel invisible to the normal human being , nobody can harm him , unfortunantely he too can harm nobody (exceptions could be there) , if Razes "empty" body is destroyed then his spirit is shunted back in the spectral Realm .

Excuse me Power Reaver but some of us would like a challenge in our games, especially if we are going to be shelling out $50 + dollars for it. With your suggestion of constant invisibility and invincibilty, we might as well call this game: Legacy of Kain: God Mode :rolleyes:

Vampmaster
8th Aug 2002, 19:58
Raziel was going to have spells/abilities that go with each reaver, but which you can only use with the reaver equiped. Some enemies would be immune and some super vunerable. Maybe Turels soul could activate those. Maybe using them would reduce Raziels health or have a time limit between usage.

playaphilosophy
8th Aug 2002, 20:01
I can see it all now. Raziel is already undefeated and now with the power of invisibility and invincibilty. All hell break lose every demons and humangs come after Raziel and yet they cannot kill him. How dull it is having a challegence but not really a challengence. What's the point of making a role playing game?

Power reaver
10th Aug 2002, 09:28
Excuse me Power Reaver but some of us would like a challenge in our games, especially if we are going to be shelling out $50 + dollars for it. With your suggestion of constant invisibility and invincibilty, we might as well call this game: Legacy of Kain: God Mode

Why must people always misunderstand me , come on , if you look at the currunt enemy AI these things may sound godly but with a little better AI they are definately not .

For eg : The super projectile may pack a good punch but the extra power makes it move a little slow thus making it easier to dodge . And the super charged limbs will be for a very short time and I dont mind if it gives more of a visual then a n over advantage . The Astral Projection thing can help you solve puzzles , and perhaps allow you to occupy another empty body (an alternate way for the possession spell) and help you get by the invincible bunch of enemies (People like Dumah who are not affected by your punches) .

Besides the biggest sacrifice of it all is that you have to sacrifice your health . Sure it doesent matter when your fighting next to a spirit beakon but what if you have gone half way through a puzzle and suddenly a hoard of near invincible enemies attack you . I dont think backtracking a head ache of a puzzle you just solved is much fun .