PDA

View Full Version : Stop the War

MunkeeChum
5th Aug 2002, 20:50
I think that the whole TombRaider thing has gotten out of hand.

I say that we stop it now and offer some sort of peace treaty. If we apologise for soem of the remarks some of us have said i would expect the Tomb Raiders to do so as well.

So lets just swallow our pride and finish this now.

A post similar to this has been posted in the TR Community forum: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3457

MunkeeChum
5th Aug 2002, 21:28
WHO SAID NO!!!!!

Dracoraptor
5th Aug 2002, 22:12
Not me...

Not Ghyron, that's for sure.

Ghyron
5th Aug 2002, 22:15
Stop the madness.

Lil Lara
6th Aug 2002, 00:49
Originally posted by Ghyron
Stop the madness.
Here, here! Can't we all just be civilized and talk like normal people without having to insult the others game of choice??

Yes, please stop this silly madness!:D

Creamy_Goodness
6th Aug 2002, 01:12
Ok, its decided, everyone hush and lets put this in the past like the great pastry wars......

Ghyron
6th Aug 2002, 01:21
35 to 1, I wonder who that one was.

Sephiroth110
6th Aug 2002, 01:29
oh the pastry wars, you had to mention them, their.... GONE! noooooo. well, ok, i guess, this shold stop, but the pastry wars should be recovered, and put into a document, downloadable from this fourm. they should come back.... ahem... ok, thats enough. i'll stop now.

SkrasherSmasher
6th Aug 2002, 01:40
Mmmm, pastry. Makes me hungry for something or other right now.

Sephiroth110
6th Aug 2002, 01:50
hmmm, me too, like a doughnut, or.. a cookie, uh oh, i might be starting it again, uhhh, i didn't say that, i want some melon, yes, no kind of pastry, yep (one was good, but another, even i couldn't take that)

Deekman
6th Aug 2002, 01:58
You might be interested in reading my last post here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3363

Dracoraptor
6th Aug 2002, 03:03
I would've cominced the RPG, but members found it stupid. I hope you no since StarTopia will not have a sequel (Unlike the countless TR ones), we have not much to do here. Eidos funded TR much more than StarTopia because they had not time to take chances and could only advertise an already popular series. StarTopia would have been marginally better if they had also given them more time to make the game. Not only did they set the release date quite early (Which in fact, the release date kept getting "Upped" quite a bit, they lost big patience in that part), but they did not fund the game quite well. I'm sure if they had funded it more, StarTopia would've also appealed to various TR fans as well. I must say, the anatomy of a Siren is quite similar to the entity known as Lara Croft.

Deekman
6th Aug 2002, 12:25
Dracoraptor:
You must remember also that EIDOS is the PUBLISHER not the designer.
Mucky Foot built Startopia. Core built TR.
Since I play games in a Mac and do not own a PlayStation or other gaming platform, my choices are limited. While perusing the net looking for a suitable image to use my war gif. (You know the one) I actually was able to find out more about Startopia. I am a big Sci-Fi fan. The game does look interesting.
I really think that if you are into this game you would enjoy the Rama series
of books by Arthur C. Clarke.
Next time you consider doing a raid - just do it. You guys should have just come over and started the RPG - no questions asked - no quarter given.
And if had been done in any fashion like the one you already have here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=364
It probably would have made a great tale. Give it a few months.
But remember. Howie is always at the ready!

Azuriel
6th Aug 2002, 12:28
this must end

Ghyron
6th Aug 2002, 15:21
Originally posted by DEEKMAN
Dracoraptor:
You must remember also that EIDOS is the PUBLISHER not the designer.
Mucky Foot built Startopia. Core built TR.

There is little a game designer can do against the will of the publisher because the publisher often owns the rights to the game, and will not publish the game if the designer doesnt obey its wishes.

Xcom
7th Aug 2002, 23:59
Originally posted by Ghyron

There is little a game designer can do against the will of the publisher because the publisher often owns the rights to the game, and will not publish the game if the designer doesnt obey its wishes.

What wishes? True this may be (copyrights ownage), however, publisher usually don't interfere with development process. In other words, they don't say "put this tree over there" and "make this character taller".

Arctic_Wolf
8th Aug 2002, 00:11
Originaly Posted by Xcom

What wishes? True this may be (copyrights ownage), however, publisher usually don't interfere with development process. In other words, they don't say "put this tree over there" and "make this character taller".

True, but they do say;

"Finish this game by xx/xx/xx"

Xcom
8th Aug 2002, 01:24
Don't fool yourself into believing that a publisher will delibirately set the deadline earlier than agreed. The deadlines are usually discussed during the signing of the contract and it's up to developer to say "we can/will finish this game on xx/xx/xx". Then, most commonly, a product doesn't get finished by that date. (happens every time in gamebiz :rolleyes: ) and ONLY then some publishers may actually push/rush it and they have every right to do so cuz it's their money and trust me, no company wants to lose money on purpose. Anyway, the point to all this is to kill the myth about holy developers who are being opressed by the evil publishers.

Dracoraptor
8th Aug 2002, 01:41
Eidos is a group of evil publishers. They didn't advertise the game as much as MF wanted them to. And they were working on too many TR games to actually care about the release date.

Arctic_Wolf
8th Aug 2002, 02:23
Eidos, MF, TR hmmm. Did you know if you rearnge the letters of Eidos, MF and TR you get Diom Sertof?

P.S Dracoraptor- calm down! AlphaOmega and Mucky Foot have already told you off for calling Eidos evil.

Startopiafrance
10th Aug 2002, 22:56
War!
I'm the supervisor of Xénon, the commander of Xénon's forces, I control the WU (Worms Union), and it's not many humans who can resist of my warships, and "victory is life"!

We are worms, we're the best, and we've come to win the war
We'll stand, we'll never run, stay until it's done
Though our friends may fall, and our world be blown apart
We'll strike with all our might, we'll fight for what is right, till the end!

MunkeeChum
14th Jul 2003, 14:12
Wow this is an old thread.

Who dredged this up? Its not even relevant any more...