PDA

View Full Version : Furies

Sephiroth110
5th Aug 2002, 01:46
just wondering, i am pretty sure furies is a statue, right yeah, well, when i placed it lately i noticed the blue (or red) area around it, so it was sized like a recharger, most statues just use the square they are on, like lamps, but furies has an area around it that can't have anything placed on it, why is this, who is responsible, does anyone care?

Arctic_Wolf
5th Aug 2002, 07:53
Is that a Problem? Its 3x3 because it takes up 9 squares. So does the Siren statue "Mother". The Salt-Hog statue "Endeavour" is 1x5 because it takes up 5 squares. There are infact barely any statues that take up only one square.

SkrasherSmasher
5th Aug 2002, 10:55
Peace Totem , Father Zeodrus and Uplanter being examples of 1x1. Unsure wether Robot Heaven is because frankly I haven't seen one yet...:(

But yes the statue is bigger then it looks, you could think to fit it on 1 square, but it's all curled out at the top so it cant fit.

Statues are the bomb! (No, they don't have bombs in them, nevermind.)

And I think Gnimrich is 1x1 too, but I won't bet any money on it as I don't normally buy the things.

kool_kats_rule
5th Aug 2002, 11:21
I think the Planetscape is 3x3, but that's because it's so big at the top.

Sephiroth110
5th Aug 2002, 11:45
yes yes, but katuchutk.... whatever is 1 by 3 i think... well, i think, but it doesn't have that border around it like buildings do, corridor items don't have that, and statues are corridor items, so why does it have the area around it? it doesn't curl out that much, is it cause it is a rarer statue, hmm, i is i think, who's race is it, and the uplanter, whos is that (one would think karmarama but they already have the peace totem) hmm, it just confused me greatly, and made me pretty angry when i couldn't fit it into some place that i wanted to.

SkrasherSmasher
5th Aug 2002, 15:06
Not all statues are exclusive. For example, Peace totem is loved by BOTH Karmaramas and Sirens. Uplanter is liked by Karmaramas. (Another culture too mabey but I dont know about any others.)

And furies is 3x3, get over it, and put it elsewhere:D
And furies is Gem slug, shove it in a slugapartments or something.

Sephiroth110
5th Aug 2002, 20:50
ooo, gem slug, i thought maybe it was memau, everyone loves those critters, so everyone should love the statue, and about furies, i put it outside my rouless wheel, and now, no one goes to it anymore, does the statue inspire them not to gamble. how do you find out anyway?

kool_kats_rule
6th Aug 2002, 11:11
At one point there was one of every type of peep looking at a mother, but they all seemed to react in the same way.

SkrasherSmasher
7th Aug 2002, 03:05
Every race will look at the statue, it doesn't work like that. It's just Gem slugs expirence a much bigger boost to certain ratings while staring at a Furies, while a salthog expieneces either less of a boost or a loss of aforementioned ratings. That's why you should place statues near their working place/place of hanging out.

And Planetscape looks HHUUGGEE!!!

kool_kats_rule
8th Aug 2002, 09:54
Yeah, but only on top.

Memau_on_Steroids
31st Aug 2002, 19:45
Robot Heaven is 4x4. i rarely ever have any because my scuzzers are trapped in the Robot Heaven Vortex™ and just sit there, while my station falls apart. :mad: I can't pick up all the garbage, you know.:)

Hand-E-Food
20th Sep 2002, 04:08
All corridor items take up only the space they need. Nothing can walk or be built on the floorplan area. This means they can also be used as walls. Everyone appreciates scenary, though some races prefer some scenary over others. Everybody will look at Mother, but Sirens will get the biggest thrill from it. I don't know for sure, but I imagine putting plants in Bio-Pots gives a similar effect to aliens being on their favourite Bio-Deck.

Binro_the_Heretic
20th Sep 2002, 14:34
Be very careful using furniture as a barrier.

Sometimes peeps and scuzzers get trapped between two adjacent objects.

I found this out the hard way when I put litter bins right next to all my corridor lamps.