PDA

View Full Version : Angelina Jolie vs. Britney Spears

infinite_sadness
4th Aug 2002, 19:33
I gotta know this and my boyfriend won't answer me!
who's sexier? Jolie or Spears?

The Sage Of Time
4th Aug 2002, 20:04
Angelina Jolie.. By far.. I'm sorry I can't stand Brittney Spears.

Lil Lara
4th Aug 2002, 20:24
Duh! No contest! Hehe...Angelina is far more beautiful and sexy. Britney is well...I don't want to anger anyone.:D

The Sage Of Time
4th Aug 2002, 21:39
You wouldn't anger me *chuckle* ..I just don't like her.. *shudders*
Anyway, Our lovely Jolie is by far the best to vote for. :D

TombRaiderChik
4th Aug 2002, 23:29
britney spears = trash

The Sage Of Time
5th Aug 2002, 00:01
Originally posted by TombRaiderChik
britney spears = trash
*walks in with Winston and pours her a cup of Tea* Quite.

Deekman
5th Aug 2002, 00:10
In twenty years Angelina Jolie will still be great actress (regardless of anybody's
likes or dislikes of her as a person)
Brittany Spears will be doing shows at theme parks and shopping malls - if she's lucky.
Or even performing at all.

The Sage Of Time
5th Aug 2002, 00:12
Originally posted by DEEKMAN
Brittany Spears will be doing shows at theme parks and shopping malls - if she's lucky.
Or even performing at all.
*Winston pours him a cup of tea too* Mmm.. So true. :D

SugaHoneyBear
5th Aug 2002, 00:17
how could anyone like britney spears??? shes so......FAKE!:D

Deekman
5th Aug 2002, 00:20
Originally posted by SugaHoneyBear

Uhh...Vaseline on the camera lens?
Ever take a good close look at her face? Looks like somebody smacked the
bridge of her nose with a two by four.

Lil Lara
5th Aug 2002, 00:23
Exactly! She's just a cilicone* filled ho-bag!! hahah.. I just made that up! :D

*Sorry I can't spell for beans.:p

The Sage Of Time
5th Aug 2002, 00:28
You know.. Winston just doesn't have enough tea to go around. :D
*chuckle*

Seth
5th Aug 2002, 00:51
Blech. Britney Spears is just......Blech. Who in their right minds could even tolerate the daughter of Satan?

Let's put it this way.. Spell her name backwards.. "Sraeps Yentirb", that's just satanic!

You can sum up Britney in one word - PLASTIC.

Deekman
5th Aug 2002, 00:55
She may be insidious and plastic, but believe me...
She ain't no Daughter of Satan.
The Daughter of Satan has been to my Halloween party and she ain't Brittany Spears.

AmO
5th Aug 2002, 01:01
The Sage of Time can ppour me a cup of tea now, if there is any left :D

The Sage Of Time
5th Aug 2002, 01:10
*pours Amo some Tea* Theres always more tea.. You just need to know where to look! :)

Lil Lara
5th Aug 2002, 01:24
Daughter of Satan! ROFL!! Hahah... I like that!!:D

*Lara Croft*
5th Aug 2002, 02:21
I used to actually like britney spears, but then she started all this "Im not a girl, and not a woman, but I'm an adult and I can do whatever I want to." You know what Im talking about.

But what REALLY did me in about her was when I saw her on TV purposely ignoring her fans, and the look on her face made me mad.

So, before i get started even more, I'll stop.

In my opinion, AJ has done so much more, and has experienced more in her life, which I respect, even if some of the things were not positive. I like her attitude better than britney's because (for some reason, I'm not sure why) I feel I can Identify with her. (if this does'nt make sense, i would be happy to explain)

LarzBritsh
5th Aug 2002, 02:24
AJ!

Her lips, eyes, skin, and hair are beautiful.
It would ruin my image of Lara if BS dressed as Lara in one of her moist videos.

Now if you are asking who is the better role model, i wouldn't know.

AOD510123
5th Aug 2002, 04:53
My vote goes for Angelina because Brittney is fake everywhere.

Raider Sunrise
5th Aug 2002, 09:19
AJ of course... But I won't start posting about how Britney Spears is sooo fake and how I can't stand her, because it'll take me a long time to stop :)

DaveJ
5th Aug 2002, 09:51
Britney's problem is trying to convince the world that she and her ex never did the 'beast with two backs', that she is protecting her sweet, wholesome image whilst wearing costumes you could paste onto a postcard.

Shes about as genuine and sincere as Barbara Streisand.

AJ is much sexier without even trying to be.

Les Effant Terrible
6th Aug 2002, 07:20
AJ of course! Even though she has some weird relations going with guys (well, not Billie anymore) but they carried eachothers blood around their necks as a marriage thing... that's just creepy.

Let's put it this way.. Spell her name backwards.. "Sraeps Yentirb", that's just satanic!

That's hilarious, but hey! What's wrong with satan, haven't you ever heard of Ozzy Ozborne? He's the Prince of bleepin darkness.
And no, I liked him before the show came out.

To get back on topic Britney is FAKE. the only thing she can do is dance, okay, she can't sing, and you'll notice she doesn't look as good without the amazing graphics of airbrushing these days oh and her push-up bra.

The Sage Of Time
6th Aug 2002, 07:30
...Dance? Who said she could? She had to take training just to get that good. lol
And oh, don't ever get Seth worked up.. He has a whole "background story" on this gal.. *chuckles*

Seth
6th Aug 2002, 13:36
Let's put it this way..

Britney Spears Live
Evil Sraeps Yentirb

You just can't get any evil-er..

SugaHoneyBear
6th Aug 2002, 16:32
Lets put it this way: Shes like a Barbie; thin, fake, and plastic.

oh, and can i have a cup of tea?

LaraLover
6th Aug 2002, 20:17
Angelina is by far THE sexiest! She's real(unlike Britney), and I wish we could have seen more of her in the shower scene of Tomb Raider. D@mn that PG-13 rating!

jso2897
7th Aug 2002, 02:20
Be serious. I mean really. Britney was sort of a cute lil' piglet when she was younger, but as she has matured, her innate coarseness is emerging. She's not really even cute anymore. And as for her dancing, you can order "Daryn's Dance Grooves " off late nite TV and learn to dance like that, if you really want to.

The Sage Of Time
7th Aug 2002, 02:33
Originally posted by jso2897
And as for her dancing, you can order "Daryn's Dance Grooves " off late nite TV and learn to dance like that, if you really want to.
Exactly.. Just as I said she took training to dance like that.. Heh, training which you get from a VHS video..
As for everyone here... *grabs a tea pot and has Winston spread out filling everyones tea cups*

NZrevenge
7th Aug 2002, 11:41
In a pure sexiness contest, I prefer Britney. Angelina has a different sort of sexiness. She's very much the hard-body type of girl, while Britney is... Softer. This is just a matter of my personal preferences and I must add neither Britney nor Angelina are the sort of girls that I look for when trying to find attractive girls.

I actually feel very sorry for Britney. She got into the music business while she was going through puberty, and ofcourse her weight went up and down because of that. It's a well known fact that changes in breast size often exaggerates the changes in the rest of a girl's body (And lets not forget that about 15% of boys grow decent A-cups during puberty only to have that swelling go down. It happens to everyone at different scales). As for her supposedly being all-plastic, I can only compare her to a friend of mine called Dallas. She definately has that plastic look about her, though I know for a fact that she has never had any surgery of any kind, not even for real health reasons. Britney could quite easily be just like that, if not made worse by the fact that she would most likely have been hungry since the day she first started singing professionally. She has a very low self-esteem, as is obvious in many of her interviews with less main-stream programs, and she still gets everyone accusing her of being a fake and saying the most horrible things about her.

Honestly guys, even if she did have plastic surgery and even if she can't sing and actually has all her songs dubbed by some fat ugly girls with a nice voice, can you honestly justify some of things you have said? You will notice that I try to back up most of what I say, and I will quite happily debate any points of contention. I hope that you will also do the same when I ask you to provide proof (and I mean facts, not heresay) of the following:
britney spears = trash
a cilicone* filled ho-bag!!
You can sum up Britney in one word - PLASTIC I find all of these incredibly harsh comments against someone that you don't even know. None of us know her real situation, none of us know half the ***** that she might have to put up with and none of us no how she would feel if she happened to read some of this gang-bashing immature garbage.

(Sorry for the change in tone as I wrote this, as I reviewed what you guys had said while I was reply I found myself getting angrier and angrier... Must calm down...)

Seth
7th Aug 2002, 15:34
After seeing her in Goldmember.. I couldn't help but yell out "I Knew She Was Plastic!".. Seriously ;).

LaraAngelOfDarkness
7th Aug 2002, 21:55
I like them both. But I like Angelina Jolie more. And as for everyone hating Britney, MOST OF YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ANGELINA JOLIE IF SHE HADN'T PLAYED LARA CROFT, you all know it so admitt it, I'll admitt it myself I haven't even heard of her till she signed on, but then I fell in luv :D.

jso2897
8th Aug 2002, 02:06
Maybe I didnt understand, but i thought the issue here was the sexual attractivness of our two "contestants" - not their character. or talent. Jolie wins hands down - no contest. The comparison is a joke.
And in another five years, AJ will still be a beauty - she has the skin and facial type that ages well. By that time BS will be fat, pasty, cellulite ridden and permanently makeup stained. And still untalented and stupid too, but that's off-topic.

SMG
8th Aug 2002, 03:03
I'd have to give my vote for Britney, kidding. I've never thought Britney Spears was that pretty, her face is kind of plain, imo. The only reason britney gets on "hottest women on the planet" lists in magazines is because her publicist is paying someone alot of money. There are plenty of famous people who I feel are much prettier, not famous ones too. I'm not much of an Angelina groupie, but she's prettier than Britney, and has more attitude and appeal.

Lil Lara
8th Aug 2002, 04:10
I'm sorry, NZrecenge, if any of us offended you(re:britney)...that's just how I feel!:rolleyes:

NZrevenge
8th Aug 2002, 04:35
I'm not so much offended, just irritated that many of you bag Britney without much (if any) rational proof or supporting statements.

Originally posted by *Lara Croft*
[b]I used to actually like britney spears, but then she started all this "Im not a girl, and not a woman, but I'm an adult and I can do whatever I want to." You know what Im talking about.

But what REALLY did me in about her was when I saw her on TV purposely ignoring her fans, and the look on her face made me mad.

So, before i get started even more, I'll stop.

In my opinion, AJ has done so much more, and has experienced more in her life, which I respect, even if some of the things were not positive. I like her attitude better than britney's because (for some reason, I'm not sure why) I feel I can Identify with her. (if this does'nt make sense, i would be happy to explain)[b]This is an example of a good critique against Britney. Reasons were given and I can understand what she is trying to say (I'm assuming *Lara Croft* is a female here).

I'd just like to see a bit more reasoning rather than pure emotion when it comes to insulting someone who is not here to defend herself.

The Sage Of Time
8th Aug 2002, 05:06
I believe everyone has valid reasons behind not liking her, but it's not worth the time of day to point out.
Many of us just plain dislike her to the point where we make comical references about her.
Anyway I found AJ so much more appealing, in actions, looks and whatever else you can think of.

*Lara Croft*
8th Aug 2002, 05:30
Originally posted by NZrevenge

(I'm assuming *Lara Croft* is a female here).

LOL, yes, I'm female! :D

DaveJ
8th Aug 2002, 07:18
Originally posted by LaraAngelOfDarkness
I like them both. But I like Angelina Jolie more. And as for everyone hating Britney, MOST OF YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ANGELINA JOLIE IF SHE HADN'T PLAYED LARA CROFT, you all know it so admitt it, I'll admitt it myself I haven't even heard of her till she signed on, but then I fell in luv :D.

Nope....been a fan of hers since she made "Gia" way back when.
Was delighted when she got the role of Lara, but I've been an admirer since before many here knew who she was.

thanhkim
8th Aug 2002, 08:27
AJ is good as Lara but for me that's it. I have to vote Britney Spears.

Godfather
8th Aug 2002, 10:07
Britney Spears sexy? Yugh! http://216.40.241.68/cwm/cwm/puke.gif Angelina Jolie; ok! But only in Tomb Raider ... not really in Gone in 60 seconds or other movies! I still prefer Michelle Pfeiffer ... 42 and still amazingly beautiful!

DaveJ
8th Aug 2002, 13:10
She was VERY sexy in 'Gia'...naturally so, too.
And in 'Hackers'.
And in 'Foxfire'.
And in 'Playing God'.

CatSuit&Ponytail
8th Aug 2002, 13:56

...when it comes to insulting someone who is not here to defend herself.

Ha! You stepped into my role! Nicely done! :D I don't enjoy seeing people attacking actors or singers at all, because the "man on the street" has no real idea about the truth of the information they get about the lives of the rich and famous...and it's too easy to take potshots at the stars...like shooting fish in a barrel....except less sporting. ;)

In my opinion, hate talk is hate talk, and I think it shouldn't be supported.

As to the question of "who do you think is sexier"....well, I think Angelina has that quality in spades. Britney is not my idea of sexy. I don't prefer blondes, hehehe.

shirl123
8th Aug 2002, 19:11
Originally posted by SugaHoneyBear

I agree with you.

SMG
8th Aug 2002, 21:44
Britney Spears did a concert in Mexico where she sang only 5 songs, and didn't even finish the song, and said "I'm sorry Mexico, I love you, bye" and stuck up her middle finger and walked off the stage, pissing off all the fans.
I found an article on that here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/chartnews/020730_britney.shtml)

*Lara Croft*
10th Aug 2002, 22:06
Yeah, and now i heard she's taking a 2 year break!

Lil Lara
10th Aug 2002, 23:22
Hahaha... I haven't heard about that Britney story 'til now! Hahahahaha...that cracks me up! At least they are getting their money back!

2 year break, eh? Yeah, I heard about that. But...why? What is she going to do? Eh, I don't care! As long as I don't have to listen to her for a while!:D

NZrevenge
11th Aug 2002, 07:48
You were never forced to listen to her in the first place.

I just heard her new song... Mixed impressions, not really sure if I like it yet. I had the same reaction to slave (looks like she's really beginning to develop her own style), and ended up liking it later on. It's weird that I like listening to some of Britney's songs when I don't really like many other pop songs... I'm more of a metal/rap junkie...

V_Croft
11th Aug 2002, 12:13
I vote for Angie! She's sexier by far...

Oh, and I'll have to add that I hate Britney... Sorry guys, that's my opinion...
BTW, I read in a games-magazine that there's going to be a video game with her for PS2 (she will be dancing, singing,etc). And through this she believes that more people will like her songs, etc... Yuck! Just get her outta here! Thumbs down...

NZrevenge
11th Aug 2002, 12:27
Dude, that game came out a month ago in New Zealand, and we're the last people on this damn planet to get anything!

And just for reference, that game rocks! Instead of having the commands scroll along the side of the screen, you get a cool little radar thingey. Makes things way more challenging and gives 2 player battles a twist (you can start screwing with each other's instructions depending on your own combos). Even if you believe the music sucks, the game itself is good so don't bag it.

Also, try not to forget that Britney will have nearly no decision making power. She'll have managers and producers and marketing directors and coaches all constantly telling her what to do and beating her into submission whenever she tries to have a thought of her own.

V_Croft
11th Aug 2002, 12:56
really? Well, games don't come out that quickly here in Greece... I didn't even know that such a game existed before I read that magazine.
And BTW, I don't say the music sucks... In the very beggining I kind of liked it, but then Britney began to get on my nerves...
Anyway, no offence taken, right? This is just my opinion...

NZrevenge
11th Aug 2002, 13:03
I was only giving that as an example, perhaps my wording was a bit strong...

What system does Greece run on (NTSC/PAL)?

shirl123
12th Aug 2002, 18:25
Originally posted by *Lara Croft*
Yeah, and now i heard she's taking a 2 year break!

actually it's (only) a 6 months break...

*Lara Croft*
13th Aug 2002, 03:13
Originally posted by shirl123

actually it's (only) a 6 months break...

err... yeah, 2 years is what i had heard on the radio at first, but, yeah, you're right.

Les Effant Terrible
14th Aug 2002, 00:03
I heard Birtney's story. Yeah, I can't believe all of her fans are sticking up for her saying stuff like, "She did point it at photographers, I know she wouldn't do that to her fans."
But I've heard stuff where she's been a real b*tch to people getting her autoG. But anyway it's all a matter of opinion you know. She might be suffering like the poor little girl that she is or maybe she's just a fake little barbie princess. Can you believe people concider her a rock star? That's insulting to me! I mean if she was going on tour with somebody like Papa Roach or Metallica she'd probably be killed in a mosh pit and not by accident. She sang that one song "I love rock and roll" and she ruined the classic! I was so mad about that. She has a whiney little rat voice and that is not the song for her. Why doesn't she sing "I'm a barbie girl" or something brainless and empty like that. I'm sorry, but I think Britney sux!

Can I once again hear an "amen"!

Les Effant Terrible
15th Aug 2002, 18:56
I here you there.

Godfather
15th Aug 2002, 20:03
Originally posted by DarkangelKS
the people who actually voted for britney in this forum were obviously smoking pot

the people who actually voted for Britney Spears in this forum were ... Britney Spears herself!!! Only she voted under many different names then! :D Eventually she must have given up!

Godfather
15th Aug 2002, 20:05
Originally posted by Les Effant Terrible
I'm sorry, but I think Britney sux!

You mean that theoretically or ... never mind!! :D

shirl123
15th Aug 2002, 21:59
Les Effant Terrible- Amen! :)

NZrevenge
16th Aug 2002, 09:33
Originally posted by DarkangelKS
the people who actually voted for britney in this forum were obviously smoking pot Was it that obvious? :D

Seriously though, how can you people hold so much contempt for some one you don't know? It's even weirder that you have no real reason for your hate of her, so you resort to petty insults and un-justified name-calling (not all of you, just most)

"All this anger pointed in no particular direction, just sprays and sprays" - Eminem

Les Effant Terrible
16th Aug 2002, 21:21
Thank you shirl123 for that amen.
the people who actually voted for Britney Spears in this forum were ... Britney Spears herself!! Hey she wouldn't do it herself. She'd have her agent go online and do it for her. Probably she doesn't want to go online and do it because she can't give us the finger online, whereas she can in real life. Like in... Mexico perhaps.

Oh, hey NZ, can I ask why you are defending her? Did she save your life or something?

Godfather
16th Aug 2002, 23:47
Hey she wouldn't do it herself. She'd have her agent go online and do it for her. Probably she doesn't want to go online and do it because she can't give us the finger online, whereas she can in real life. Like in... Mexico perhaps.

I think she's just afraid of stumbling upon any of her own naked, shameful pictures. Who knows? Maybe those pictures are even taken by her own agents. Everything's possible; these days (especially when you have money!) :D

Oh, hey NZ, can I ask why you are defending her? Did she save your life or something?

Hmmm, I like the "or something -part"!! ;)

Navel Raider
18th Aug 2002, 01:51
Let´s face the facts:
why Paramount should ask Britney Spears to work on the movie Lara Croft: Tomb Raider as our great dear friend Ms. Lara Croft if she is a real full-grown woman (and with all pride of this) and Spears is some post-teenage with a child head and who thinks herself sexy wearing some rags?

I apologize if I offended all the Spears fans, but this is my opinion, maybe I have underrated Spears only because this is a Tomb Raider forum.

I really don´t want to be enemies in this forum.
For Lara´s sake.

DaveJ
18th Aug 2002, 08:49

It all boils down to that 'opinion' thing again.

NZrevenge
18th Aug 2002, 11:52
Originally posted by Navel Raider
Tomb Raider as our great dear friend Ms. Lara Croft if she is a real full-grown woman (and with all pride of this) and Spears is some post-teenage with a child head and who thinks herself sexy wearing some rags?No offense taken, but merely because I didn't understand it...

I stick up for Britney because no-one else will! I protect those who cannot defend themselves! I stand up for truth, justice and regular "or something"...

... And I'm an opinionated prick...

Marcus T
18th Aug 2002, 12:58
Well, in my own opinion, judging between Jolie or Spears isn't something I could do, just like that. Looks is not all that counts... to make a fair judgement between them, I'd have to know them. But unfortunately, I don't. ;) But, like with most things, everyone has their ups and downs.

PtTe2
19th Aug 2002, 03:42
I was very happy to learn (VH1 Behind the Music) that Britney Spears put a lot of work into her career. I think she sounds great and dances even better. She is "iconic" of the modern-day preppie girl look which has thrown off the skinny-so-the-ribs show look. That's kinda nice. When I see her I think of baby-fat. Her muscle-less tummy hangs over her hip-huggers, just to the popular extent, no more, no less. BTW I believe it was Britney who re-started the popularity of hip=huggers. She has my respect!
I have always thought, and would almost bet money that AJ has fat from her ass surgically implanted into her lips. :D Not that it's a bad thing. They just look so in-humanly lush. Anyhow, I like AJ. Don't think she was good as Lara, but am coming to like her that way, the more I watch the movie. I think AJ's best role was in Girl Interupted , which I think is a great movie. (Shows how far we can get lost in our own heads and how the recovery from such requires not taking ourselves so seriously).

Now Michael Jackson is a true freak. Kinda like that lady on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. If someone's comment offends you .... ask yourself why? :D

To be rich and popular and have an intense schedule has gotta drive a person nuts. Could you imagine trying to find a true friend if you had millions? It's certainly lonely at the top, no doubt. Good Luck!

JohnnyZ
19th Aug 2002, 11:45

I actually feel very sorry for Britney. She got into the music business while she was going through puberty, and ofcourse her weight went up and down because of that. It's a well known fact that changes in breast size often exaggerates the changes in the rest of a girl's body (And lets not forget that about 15% of boys grow decent A-cups during puberty only to have that swelling go down. It happens to everyone at different scales). As for her supposedly being all-plastic, I can only compare her to a friend of mine called Dallas. She definately has that plastic look about her, though I know for a fact that she has never had any surgery of any kind, not even for real health reasons. Britney could quite easily be just like that, if not made worse by the fact that she would most likely have been hungry since the day she first started singing professionally. She has a very low self-esteem, as is obvious in many of her interviews with less main-stream programs, and she still gets everyone accusing her of being a fake and saying the most horrible things about her.

Honestly guys, even if she did have plastic surgery and even if she can't sing and actually has all her songs dubbed by some fat ugly girls with a nice voice, can you honestly justify some of things you have said? You will notice that I try to back up most of what I say, and I will quite happily debate any points of contention. I hope that you will also do the same when I ask you to provide proof (and I mean facts, not heresay) of the following: I find all of these incredibly harsh comments against someone that you don't even know. None of us know her real situation, none of us know half the ***** that she might have to put up with and none of us no how she would feel if she happened to read some of this gang-bashing immature garbage.

(Sorry for the change in tone as I wrote this, as I reviewed what you guys had said while I was reply I found myself getting angrier and angrier... Must calm down...)

Finally some i agree with!!! well said!! i c'ant belive all the insults i am hearing about britney spears, none of you know her and have no right to be so cruel. i thought the peeps in this forum was more grown up then that, jeeze!!

the last frustration
19th Aug 2002, 15:14
Britney didn't look bad at the beginning when she wore modest clothes and tried to look cute. That's what she is - cute, and pretty, but not sexy. She apparently thinks she is though, with the clothes she wears now. It just makes her look pathetic and it's a bad influence on her fans.

AJ isn't perfect herself, of course... ;)

Godfather
19th Aug 2002, 23:13
The reason why so many people (me included) dislike Britney Spears is because she's nothing but a simple girl! They picked her of the streets and the truth is: they could have taken anybody! But they took her = Britney Spears! Now, who is they? They is Max Martin and the few others who are the real masterminds behind the whole success formula! I gotta be honest: the first few songs of Britney Spears are in fact pretty good popsongs, but afterwards (from the second album on) things got a little crazy and out of control!

What I mean to say is that Britney Spears doesn't add nothing up to the great music. Her voice is beginning to sound annoying when you hear that shameful cover "I love rock 'n roll" over and over again ... (for that particular song, I think she has a complete wrong voice; by the way! You need an Alannah Myles with a rough, cool voice to do justice to a song like that!)

She dresses horribly. Instead of being the stylish girl whom she was first, she's changed into this sex-driven barbie-doll who thinks she the queen of the world!

She doesn't play a single instrument, she doesn't write her own songs and she's not a beautiful women (she ain't ugly, but without the make-up, we'll never know for sure, will we?)

What is the thing for which I should respect Britney Spears? ... for her money? Now, that's the joke of the year!! Mind you: I'm only giving you my personal opinion!!

I'm telling you - they could have taken my sister and she could have done an equally good job (probably even better since my sister ain't that mean as she is, but then again: who knows what she'll become once she's got the pressure of fame and fortune that Britney does)

Here ends the lecture ...

The Godfather has spoken ... now it's your turn! ;)

nelly'sgirl
20th Aug 2002, 02:44
Ill have to agree with everyone who LOVES Angelina shes so much prittier than Britten "TEARS" LOL JK but she really sucks at singing and acting shes better off being unknown to anybody!!:D

Les Effant Terrible
20th Aug 2002, 03:30
Hey, DaveJ, (sorry all you othyer folk, but i want to get something straight) On the post about the poll you were going on about FE and it wasn't on the poll list so, I got kind of mad when you kept trying got get all pissy with me. I tried to drop the subject because it wouldn't change anything either way and you had to defend some stupid point about FE and I got really angry. Yeah, fine your opinnion was great, dandy what ever the hell you want to say, but for Christ's sake, drop it. It was out of the conV anyway. So now I'm asking you with politeness, drop the entire thing. I dont' care anymore about your argument because I could care less.

Les Effant Terrible
20th Aug 2002, 03:32
How about we all get some shirts that say Spear Britney

DaveJ
20th Aug 2002, 08:13
Hey, DaveJ, (sorry all you othyer folk, but i want to get something straight) On the post about the poll you were going on about FE and it wasn't on the poll list so, I got kind of mad when you kept trying got get all pissy with me. I tried to drop the subject because it wouldn't change anything either way and you had to defend some stupid point about FE and I got really angry. Yeah, fine your opinnion was great, dandy what ever the hell you want to say, but for Christ's sake, drop it. It was out of the conV anyway. So now I'm asking you with politeness, drop the entire thing. I dont' care anymore about your argument because I could care less.

Charming.

In that case...a word of advise.
Next time you start a poll, or a thread asking for peoples opinions on any topic, make sure you clearly state at the beginning that you have no interest in opinions that differ from your own, and thus save us all a lot of time.
:)

Les Effant Terrible
20th Aug 2002, 20:59
Hana was not on the poll. So therefore, I had no interest in talking about that game. Is that so hard to understand?

Data
20th Aug 2002, 21:26
If this thread is to stay open, please treat each other with respect.

Data.

DaveJ
21st Aug 2002, 04:49
Hana was not on the poll. So therefore, I had no interest in talking about that game. Is that so hard to understand?

I found the question intriguing.

I found the options limiting.

Is that easier to understand?

NZrevenge
21st Aug 2002, 07:37
Les Effant Terrible and DaveJ, if you wish to discuss the results of another thread then take it else where. Your current discussion is OT and unwelcomed. I for one don't want to see this thread closed because two members decided to get selfish and ruin things for the others (If either of you wish to rebuke me or each other for this or anything either of you have said, I would like to remind you that PMs exist for a reason).

Godfather, some well made points there. I don't believe Britney has much control over her situation. The pressure on her would be unbelievable, and she would have what little willpower she has completely worn away by her management. Her wardrobe in public will have nothing to do with her wardrobe at home (mostly trackies and t-shirts I've heard). I still like some of Britney's music, and I respect her as an artist. A lot of todays singers don't write their own stuff either, it's a team effort (or atleast a "sing what we tell you" effort).

Slave 4 Her
21st Aug 2002, 08:10
I like Britney :D....so what!....everyone has different taste.I guess i like her because she isnt afraid to be sexy, why cover yourself up just because people are will ASUME your a bimbo becuase you have a nice body.
And you could classify her as fake if she actually HAD surgery, but she hasnt.Yes her breast's are full....but does that automatically mean she is plastic?.She's an attractive girl, great bod, good dancer, and YES she can sing, she just doesnt have a super strong voice though iw ill admit.
Its like Madonna said "Britney is a performer not a singer, her package isnt just a person who stands there and sings, she's a one woman act".
And YES her latest album was half written by her, so she is learning to write her own stuff.But to judge people by the way they look is just horrible, to say she's a bimbo because she is blonde, to say she is a slut because she dresses sexy and to say she is fake because she looks pretty doesnt mean she is those things.Thats a very close minded way of looking at things.

But of course, i did vote for Angelina, because i find her to be one of the most beautiful woman on the planet. :)

Les Effant Terrible
21st Aug 2002, 20:25
How come Data only freaks out when me and Dave fight. And people were calling Britney a slut and stuff and stuff was getting quite personal and you guys were all just at eachother's throat about how britney is some barbie doll and along come Data looking for me and Dave again to break up a fight. Like some kindergarten yard duty looking for too of the trouble makers. data I'm sure that you are out to get me. how about reading some of the other stuff.

This is most extraordinary as my post does not single anyone in particular. It was merely a generalized statement for all posting in this thread. However, if you believe I am 'out to get you' please let us discuss it through Private Messaging and not here.

Thank you
Data.

Slave 4 Her
21st Aug 2002, 23:12
Oh yeah i forgot to say, someone earlier in the post's said Britney doesnt even play an instrument, but she does.She plays piano, she played it during the second leg of her Ammerican tour this year, she also sang LIVE while playing it :)
People dont get the fact that she is really developing, i mean ok her first album was pure pop, didnt write her own stuff...but at least she sang live.
Then her second album came out and she didnt really sing live that much but her music got a bit more of a mature feel and she did write one song.
But now with her 3rd album, she wrote nearly all the songs on the cd, she might not sing as much live as she used too but she still does sometimes, she experimented with electric violines/guitars, hip hop and dance in her new album, so it's not like she is just doing nothing, plus she plays the piano now and her next album (out in 1-2 yrs) wll be fully written and produced by her.
I dont know if you guys notice these things because you dont like her, but she is getting better. :)

LeeO
22nd Aug 2002, 14:17
Ok. I like this thread (and it was open longer than mine) but why have you closed my one about Pink and Britney and this ones still open?

GoranAgar
22nd Aug 2002, 15:46
Yesyes, don't rush me.