PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Raiders We Have Been Challenged

LARAMANIAC
3rd Aug 2002, 17:42
Last night it was brought to my attention, as a Tomb Raider fanatic, that there was a rather insulting thread on the Startopia forum!!! I checked on their community chat forum and discovered that they class us Tomb Raider fans as "not too bright"!!! After bringing this thread to the attention of a moderator it was closed but, I felt I needed to have my say, which I did in my BUSTED thread placed on their forum. BUT please before you go rushing over there to protect our beloved Lara, they have taken it quite well and issued us with a challenge!!!

The challenge is a RPG featuring our heroine, Lara Croft, in the Startopia world, and the plot is this:-

As quoted by Dracoraptor:-
Plot Your hero Lara Croft stumbles upon a small temple containing an ancient Star Gate (not unlike the ones on Star Gate SG-1). She falls in and enters another galaxy, the galaxy of Startopia. She lands on the planet Molyono and must make it to another planet to get back home and escape with a super-valuable ancient artifact. Unforutunately, she does not know this yet. And she happens to stumble illegally in Dragonian territory later on.
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif
So fellow Raiders will we accept this challenge!!!!

DaveJ
3rd Aug 2002, 17:48
If Startopia was a better known game, and was worth the effort.

As it is I'd rather continue teaching the neighbour's cat to type.
;)

LARAMANIAC
3rd Aug 2002, 17:53
That's the spirit DaveJ - LOL!!!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/BANGHEAD2.JPG

The Sage Of Time
3rd Aug 2002, 18:16
Not too bright eh? They certainly haven't met the TRLE genius force then..
Hahah, Yes.. Quite, I'd accept the challenge is it wasn't.. Absurd, and if it made more sense.
What do they expect? Us to create a RPG with Lara in it based around their games story? :rolleyes:
In any case, I must say these people must have a lot of time on their hands to come up with all that.

Deekman
3rd Aug 2002, 18:52
Originally posted by The Sage Of Time
What do they expect? Us to create a RPG with Lara in it based around their games story?

A bit arrogant for people who call themselves "Mucky Footers", dontcha think?

I'll be arming my Howie if'n ya needs me...

CyCro
3rd Aug 2002, 19:57
Now look at this and laugh your ...... out!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2941&highlight=war

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3208

Bwahahahahahahaha!

LARAMANIAC
3rd Aug 2002, 20:35
It would seem the Startopia Forum is soooooo buzzing with activity that the RPG challenge is an exciting prospect!!! Bless them!!!!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bath.gif

The Sage Of Time
3rd Aug 2002, 20:38
Good heavens, that was offensive to an extent.. What on earth is their problem?
Oh well, none the less I'd never call them "not so bright" for no reason at all..
Yeesh :rolleyes:

cowboy from hell
3rd Aug 2002, 21:30
:rolleyes: Must be one of those 'Voltar and Antares speed through the diggaraian plains of Bushovina to get the Seventh Pinnicle of Doom' games.

Mmmmmm.....never heard of it.

Deekman
3rd Aug 2002, 21:32
The nerve! Even their mods are advocating spam!

My Howie is loaded and at yer service if the need for
a pre-emptive raid is called for.

http://www1.eboard.com/eboard/boards/10/67/99/SkustingsFlagEmporium/att-602559/CROFTvsSTAR.gif

LARAMANIAC
3rd Aug 2002, 21:51
Heeheehee - they just don't realise who they are messing with do they???? - LOL!!!!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/seven.gif

Prelude
3rd Aug 2002, 22:08
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/edoom/iamwithstupid.gif

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/blackeye/drooling1.gif My god that was boring!!! And the bloody nerve. http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/blackeye/snipersmilie.gifhttp://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/contrib/sarge/MissileSmilie_anim.gif 'Oh lets send spam threads to the TR site becos it will be really funny he he arn't we funny everyone, we're not sad at all are we?!' :rolleyes: Frigging goons http://216.40.241.68/ups/razor_wind/mumumani.gif

LARAMANIAC
3rd Aug 2002, 22:18
prelude I feel very proud!!!! The smileys are fantastic!!!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/kiss1.gif

Totally creased me up!!!!!

John Carter
3rd Aug 2002, 22:50
Originally posted by DEEKMAN

My Howie is loaded and at yer service if the need for
a pre-emptive raid is called for.

http://www1.eboard.com/eboard/boards/10/67/99/SkustingsFlagEmporium/att-602559/CROFTvsSTAR.gif

Really great animation, DEEK! :D

The Sage Of Time
4th Aug 2002, 00:10
I don't suggest you all get too worked up, that's just what they'd like us to do.
Also it's best not to drop to their level and start something..
But honestly I never heard of something so foolish as this.

thanhkim
4th Aug 2002, 00:31
Excuse me how rude!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanhkim
4th Aug 2002, 00:42
Originally posted by DaveJ
If Startopia was a better known game, and was worth the effort.

As it is I'd rather continue teaching the neighbour's cat to type.
;) Nicely said DaveJ

LarzBritsh
4th Aug 2002, 01:40
I agree with The Sage of Time, they haven't meet the incredible people at work with the TRLE.

Creamy_Goodness
4th Aug 2002, 02:16
Originally posted by DEEKMAN

mods? and what does well known have to do with anything dave?

JunoJIm
4th Aug 2002, 02:19
I suggest we challenge one of their best to play COTW for the least hours to complete... :D

Aquarius
4th Aug 2002, 04:57
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
Last night it was brought to my attention, as a Tomb Raider fanatic, that there was a rather insulting thread on the Startopia forum!!! I checked on their community chat forum and discovered that they class us Tomb Raider fans as "not too bright"!!!

The challenge is a RPG featuring our heroine, Lara Croft, in the Startopia world, and the plot is this:-

As quoted by Dracoraptor:-
Plot Your hero Lara Croft stumbles upon a small temple containing an ancient Star Gate (not unlike the ones on Star Gate SG-1). She falls in and enters another galaxy, the galaxy of Startopia. She lands on the planet Molyono and must make it to another planet to get back home and escape with a super-valuable ancient artifact. Unforutunately, she does not know this yet. And she happens to stumble illegally in Dragonian territory later on.

1. So we're not intelligent huh? So why is it that if you were to go to the Main Eidos Community Forum, and looked in at debates there, that are INTELLIGENT, you would probably find far more Raiders involved, and with good points too, than you would find Startopians........hmmm. And obviously, they have not met the debatable likes of ME!!!! :D

2. So Lara stumbles upon a Star Gate? Now why does this sound familiar.......oh yeah!!! The Strange World custom level by UFO and Palo........WOW!!! Maybe they need to do some research on TR and custom levels before they decide to start 'challenging' it. And, since Lara's already been in a Star Gate, looks like TR would win the challenge!!! :D

To quote Elaine on Seinfeld "WooooWaaaaaaa!!!!" :D

I almost forgot to add this, which will add more of an insult to their little 'challenge'.

Not only does Strange World exist, but it's also one of the nominee's for best custom level. So that means it must be GOOD!!!! :cool:

Azuriel
4th Aug 2002, 06:48
Originally posted by Aquarius

1. So we're not intelligent huh? So why is it that if you were to go to the Main Eidos Community Forum, and looked in at debates there, that are INTELLIGENT, you would probably find far more Raiders involved, and with good points too, than you would find Startopians........hmmm. And obviously, they have not met the debatable likes of ME!!!! :D

2. So Lara stumbles upon a Star Gate? Now why does this sound familiar.......oh yeah!!! The Strange World custom level by UFO and Palo........WOW!!! Maybe they need to do some research on TR and custom levels before they decide to start 'challenging' it. And, since Lara's already been in a Star Gate, looks like TR would win the challenge!!! :D

To quote Elaine on Seinfeld "WooooWaaaaaaa!!!!" :D

I almost forgot to add this, which will add more of an insult to their little 'challenge'.

Not only does Strange World exist, but it's also one of the nominee's for best custom level. So that means it must be GOOD!!!! :cool:

1. how many raiders are there? millions. how many startopians are there? only a few. OF COURSE the raiders will have more people in intelligent threads!!

2. we don`t have the time, nor the interest in checking the huge amount of custom levels for something like this.

DaveJ
4th Aug 2002, 09:28
Originally posted by Creamy_Goodness

mods? and what does well known have to do with anything dave?

Its what makes Tomb Raider and its supporters an easy target in otherwise quiet forums, I guess.
:D

thanhkim
4th Aug 2002, 09:55
Folks it's called being jealous those folks know that TR rules deep down so they have to be all bitter about it. You said Startopia people say what? you say Tomb Raider Lara Croft people know. Even people who don't play TR knows the game.

Azuriel
4th Aug 2002, 17:29
Originally posted by thanhkim
Folks it's called being jealous those folks know that TR rules deep down so they have to be all bitter about it. You said Startopia people say what? you say Tomb Raider Lara Croft people know. Even people who don't play TR knows the game.

it`s hard not to know because of the MASSIVE, universe-devouring, ultra-infecting, MARKETING CAMPAIGN. more powerfull and faster, more dangerous and lethal...

than the black death

thanhkim
4th Aug 2002, 20:04
Originally posted by Azuriel

it`s hard not to know because of the MASSIVE, universe-devouring, ultra-infecting, MARKETING CAMPAIGN. more powerfull and faster, more dangerous and lethal...

than the black death Well like the black death and haemorrhoids TR is that well known.

MunkeeChum
4th Aug 2002, 20:52
And that hated by just as many people who like it.

It just goes to show, big boobs ( can i say that? ) sell bad games :p

Deekman
5th Aug 2002, 00:30
In the great debate about who is more intelligent, all I have to say is this;

Heisted from user profile:

MunkeeChum

The is no "D" in refrigerator

Prelude
5th Aug 2002, 00:43
You're not making any friends here you know http://216.40.241.68/contrib/edoom/blowingup.gif

If the fact that we are superior beings upsets you so much, then why don’t you do as all a favour and crawl back under the rock from which you came.

I’ll put it in plain terms so you can understand: Sod off to your own forum!!!!!

Deekman
5th Aug 2002, 01:09
Well, I took a hop over to the Startopia forum just to see what all the
hubbub was about. I went armed with the Howie just in case.
Lo and Behold - I had no need for it!
They had already posted it there themselves!
Twice!
Here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=40347#post40347

SkrasherSmasher
5th Aug 2002, 01:27
If Startopia got half as much hype as TR, it would be twice as popular. Also, Startopia goes into a new, unchartered territory. At least, newer then Tomb Raider. Tell me, what does tomb raider have that every other mind-numbingly repeditive shoot-first-ask-questions-to-the-corpse-later? That's right, nuthin.

SkrasherSmasher breaks into a dance

Anyone who impulsivly responds saying puzzles is under serious medication, as that doesn't even give TR a leg to stand on! Think about it, after coming home from work/school/hanging out with friends, I want to either blast through demons or nazis with blazing effectivness or blast through aliens with my very own pet alien fighters. Puzzles just don't fit in there.

Do you honestly come home and say, "I wanna do a jigsaw puzzle?" Puh-lease...

SkrasherSmasher continues his dance all the way back to his forum.

Lil Lara
5th Aug 2002, 01:32
So...whatever happened with the RPG challenge that we were confronted with? I'm just wondering if anything happened.:rolleyes:

Deekman
5th Aug 2002, 01:36
It's the puzzles! It's the puzzles! Honestly it's the...

...honey pass me my meds...thanks...

Try playing TR - any one - pistols only - no meds - no killing (except for the
occaisional need to obtain a pass key or code card) and I will personally
provide a sturdy table for you to dance on.

Deekman
5th Aug 2002, 01:41
Originally posted by Lil Lara
So...whatever happened with the RPG challenge that we were confronted with? I'm just wondering if anything happened.:rolleyes:

See my post in this thread:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3261&perpage=25&pagenumber=2
and the big response it got!

Dracoraptor
5th Aug 2002, 03:13
I would all like to give you the odds of a few things before we begin.

Lara Croft Vs. The Vallient II (A twelve mile long space-ship)

Odds of defeating the Vallient II: 1 to 32,395,394,198.3945720694. As computed by the entity known as V.A.L....

I found you all (Majority Over-rules) very insulting, and to believe I thought better...

TombRaiderChik
5th Aug 2002, 03:38
hmm well all of this is hilarious. i mean tomb raider and startopia r games. y such a fuss over 2 different games? :confused:

i did chek out the startopia forum and this valliant ship or w/e its called may b big or w/e but that startopia forum is puny compared to the tomb raider one! wooohooooooooo tomb raiders rule all :p;)

but stickin to wut i sed b4...they r just games people..nothin to fight about

:D

Aquarius
5th Aug 2002, 03:42
Originally posted by MunkeeChum
And that hated by just as many people who like it.

It just goes to show, big boobs ( can i say that? ) sell bad games :p

Even though no one from Startopia probably ever bothered to check this too, but the majority of the players in the TR forums are women........ So how does your boob argument stand now?

Originally posted by Dracoraptor
I found you all (Majority Over-rules) very insulting, and to believe I thought better...

If by 'all', you mean the people in the TR forums, then you might want to rethink your statement. To begin with, no one here decided to start spamming another forum. Your "nice" forum decided that they wanted to do this. Second, how are we insulting? Seems like the only people here who are doing the insulting are Startopians. You're the ones who came here, deliberately to cause troubles, and you're trying to say that we're ignorant, and whatever other BS you're trying to throw out there.

So why don't all of you just go on back to your own forum? Okay? You have no good and honest reason to be here, except to cause an uproar.

So, you all (Startopians) are the insulting ones, quite rude, and who knows what else.

BTW, I hope all of the Startopians get into trouble for (as Alpha Omega might put it......) your spam-alicious threads.......

jso2897
5th Aug 2002, 04:06
I don't know. I'm too busy reading and posting here and playing Tombraiders to go over to the "Startopia" forum. Apparently the Startopia experience leaves one with the time, energy, and desire to go spamming in other game's forums. Must not be much of a game.

Aquarius
5th Aug 2002, 05:27
Originally posted by SkrasherSmasher
If Startopia got half as much hype as TR, it would be twice as popular. Also, Startopia goes into a new, unchartered territory.

Maybe there's just a problem with the type of gaming genre that Startopia fits in. It's not a matter of publicity for a game, it's whether the game it good or not. Look at Legacy of Kain and Commandos. They both are not highly publicized, but look at the quality of the games, and then look to see how many people are in the forums........

New and uncharted territory? Okay, from what we're heard here so far, you are onboard a space station, how does this make it different from any other space based games, hmm?? Yeah, that's really "new territory''. Like there aren't already hundreds of space games out there.........(it actually sounds like a rip-off of an old game from the 70s made by Sierra, think it was called Space Quest.......)

Lil Lara
5th Aug 2002, 06:47
Think about it, after coming home from work/school/hanging out with friends, I want to either blast through demons or nazis with blazing effectivness or blast through aliens with my very own pet alien fighters. Puzzles just don't fit in there.

Do you honestly come home and say, "I wanna do a jigsaw puzzle?" Puh-lease...

Uhhh..whoever said that TR was all about puzzles?? And another thing...not everyone enjoys "blasting" aliens. A little close-minded, aren't ya??

DaveJ
5th Aug 2002, 07:17
Think about it, after coming home from work/school/hanging out with friends, I want to either blast through demons or nazis with blazing effectivness or blast through aliens with my very own pet alien fighters. Puzzles just don't fit in there.

Whether you like it or not, thats what has made the series popular, and you did ask what it has.
When it first came out in '96 there was nothing like it.
Much copied since, never bettered.
(Don't talk to me about graphics and sound and paint-jobs....I'm talking a good GAME.)

Besides...you play an FPS after a hard day because it requires no brains...unlike a puzzle game. Case closed.

Prelude
5th Aug 2002, 09:52

Ha ha ha, http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/laugh.gif this is a classic, and you called us, I quote “not too bright!” he he thanks for the laugh, now again with the sod off!http://216.40.241.68/contrib/blackeye/comeandgetsome.gif

Marcus T
5th Aug 2002, 11:02
Who has the better game, who's more intelligent... well, the most intelligent thing to do would be to let it be. They're only embarassing themselves. TombRaiderChik has proven there are intelligent TR players out there:

hmm well all of this is hilarious. i mean tomb raider and startopia r games. y such a fuss over 2 different games?

Deekman
5th Aug 2002, 12:17
Originally posted by Marcus T
well, the most intelligent thing to do would be to let it be. They're only embarassing themselves.

I agree. Let's all just sit back and watch them shoot themselves in the Mucky Foot!

Dracoraptor
5th Aug 2002, 16:06
If you would understand the meaning of a joke, than I couldn't call you insulting.

I find you all (This is intelligent critisicm, based on facts) insulting, ignorant, and self-centered people. And when it gets to insulting peoples work, that's where you reached a new low. Oh, this is a pretty low one too. On a low scale of one to ten, you are negative ten.

If you want, I can have you all banned because of your insulting threads.

TombRaiderChik
5th Aug 2002, 16:31
If you would understand the meaning of a joke, than I couldn't call you insulting.

well i dont think it was taken lightly and as a joke.

Originally posted by Dracoraptor[/i]

hmm but who started the thread first w/ all this tr bashing?

;)

LARAMANIAC
5th Aug 2002, 17:07
Dracoraptor this started as a light-hearted jibe back at you for an insult thrown by yourselves!!! I believe it was NZRevenge who threw the first insult - "not too bright" - I believe this was the statement he used to describe Tomb Raider fans!!!

Please, please, please what was originally light-hearted banter has now construed into insults!!! I, personally, thought we had some sort of challenge, issued by yourselves, to bring the two forums together in a similarly light-hearted battle of the games!!!

What the hell happened!!!??? Why has this spiralled into insulting remarks and obvious anger!!!??? It is to each their own - you love Startopia - we love Tomb Raider - lets just leave it a that!!!! What I envisaged was a meeting of minds, strategy, and experience obviously this is not going to happen!!!! So..............http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/grouphug.gif there is far too much animosity in the world!!!!

I have posted this exact same reply on the Startopia forum too!!!

TombRaiderChik
5th Aug 2002, 17:33
LET US STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!

:D:D

CyCro
5th Aug 2002, 17:37
LM, I suggest that you just delete the thread. I don't see any sense in going on with this childish ... ok, whatever...

DaveJ
5th Aug 2002, 17:57

I find you all (This is intelligent critisicm, based on facts) insulting, ignorant, and self-centered people. And when it gets to insulting peoples work, that's where you reached a new low. Oh, this is a pretty low one too. On a low scale of one to ten, you are negative ten.

Practise what you preach. And people in glass houses, etc etc....

Why you can't see that we are all joking too is beyond me.

Man, the cutthroats invasions were always much classier than this.... this is just dire.
:rolleyes:

SugaHoneyBear
5th Aug 2002, 18:42
What is it exactly that makes them think we're "not so bright"? because I'm a straight 'A' student. What's not to bright about that?!

Aquarius
5th Aug 2002, 18:42

1. YOU started the insulting by calling us ignorant, and you even keep on insulting us by saying it again in the post, where you want us banned because of insults. Wow, isn't that ironic! But I guess we wouldn't notice the irony, because we're ignorant. You're the one's who are being ignorant by not being openminded. At least those of us here, are at least trying (or did try) to keep an openmind.

2. How are we self-centered? We're not the one's who are trying to say that Tomb Raider is the best. If fact, if you probably looked through all of the posts here, you would maybe find one statement, saying that Tomb Raider was the best. One. Oh, but in every statement you have made maybe regarding Startopia, almost every one of them has something about Startopia being the best and blah blah blah.......

3. If we're so "insulting" why are you still here? You're the one who should be banned for causing such an uproar. Isn't there something about this type of thing in the TOU??

I hope that for once, you'll actually take the time to read the posts in this thread, and see that we make good points. But you're probably too busy trying to think up of other things that make you look like such the victim here............People like you make me sick.