PDA

View Full Version : Angelina splits from father too....

DaveJ
3rd Aug 2002, 08:14
AJ has severed ties with her father Jon Voight.

I knew they'd had a difficult past, but they seemed to have mended some bridges on the TR movie.

Shame. :(

Full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/showbiz/2167618.stm

Godfather
3rd Aug 2002, 12:57
Originally posted by DaveJ
AJ has severed ties with her father Jon Voight.

I knew they'd had a difficult past, but they seemed to have mended some bridges on the TR movie.

Shame. :(

Full story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/showbiz/2167618.stm

I know it's none of my business, but it's typical with those stars. They always seem to fool around and that is why so little relationships actually last. It's gotta be the fame and the money which makes these people untouchable ... or at least that's what they think! Makes me angry! http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/contrib/edoom/_sure.gif

They don't know real http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/otn/love/smlove2.gif from physical fascination!! http://216.40.241.68/contrib/xerx/smileybreasts.gif

DaveJ
3rd Aug 2002, 14:08
No....they are people just like you and me...but how would your relationships fare if the world and its mother was following your every move and invading your private life?

thanhkim
3rd Aug 2002, 15:29
Generally all stars are superficial people who don't have a clue on how to be a human being.

CatSuit&Ponytail
3rd Aug 2002, 16:16
Really thanhkim? How many do you know personally? Please do not make such broad sweeps of opinion and state them as if they are fact.

I don't like anyone's misfortune, whether they have cameras in their lives or not.

And not every separation is a bad one.

Deekman
3rd Aug 2002, 17:16
Originally posted by thanhkim
Generally all stars are superficial people who don't have a clue on how to be a human being.

I could give a list as long as both my arms of stars I've met who contadict that statement.
But here's a short list:
Robin Williams
Joe Strummer
James Doohan
Vincent Price
Joey Ramone

AmO
3rd Aug 2002, 17:26
I felt so sorry for Angelina when her father came on T.V. airing his dirty laundry and whimpering and simpering, it was disgusting and must have been humiliating for A.J. he is such a phoney with his crocidile tears, what a jerk he is.

you must realize that public people such as movie stars ect. have a right to a private life. these people have a job just like the rest of us, would you like the whole world to know every little thing you do in private?

DaveJ
3rd Aug 2002, 17:32
Originally posted by thanhkim

I work with a lot of "in the spotlight" names and can assure you that statement is bollox.

*Lara Croft*
4th Aug 2002, 01:07
Yeah, It's sad, but she has her reasons. I, personally, think its OK if that's what she wants to do.

JunoJIm
4th Aug 2002, 02:35
Well, while I was having baby back ribs with Tina Turner one evening (she stopped in to my hangout after a show in West Palm Beach) I found that offstage she was a very real person - and liked to just have a few regular moments...

I think that child thing was AJ's attempt to cement her relationship with Billy Bob (one of the oldest tricks in the book), it didn't work, and she simply didn't want to hear any advice from her dad.

I wonder what's gonna happen to the vials of blood ???

thanhkim
4th Aug 2002, 10:07
Originally posted by JunoJIm
Well, while I was having baby back ribs with Tina Turner one evening (she stopped in to my hangout after a show in West Palm Beach) I found that offstage she was a very real person - and liked to just have a few regular moments...

I think that child thing was AJ's attempt to cement her relationship with Billy Bob (one of the oldest tricks in the book), it didn't work, and she simply didn't want to hear any advice from her dad.

I wonder what's gonna happen to the vials of blood ??? Read on Laraonline that AJ wants the vials of blood back it says that BBT Mum might put a curse on her or something?

DaveJ
4th Aug 2002, 10:11
I once read on the internet that someone was convinced the horrific events of September 11th last year were caused by the 'South Park' team poking fun at Saddam Hussein.

Interesting place, the internet....

Data
4th Aug 2002, 12:02
As DaveJ so rightly pointed out 'stars' are not superficial people, they are all human beings like you and....... hmm well, I believe sometimes we all just post to make a point whether it be coherent or not, however my humble opinion about Angelina Jolie and her father (or Husband) and any problems they may be having should not be open to debate even if they are in the public eye; their fame is associated with entertainment not their personal life and I personally have no interest in their private affairs. ;)

Aquarius
5th Aug 2002, 19:10
I don't know if anyone had heard about this, but apparently Jon Voight had gone on tv and said that Angelina is "a mentally unstable" person..........

THE True Lara
5th Aug 2002, 22:26
I think you'll find a lot of people who work in the lime-light can be classed as 'mentally unstable', it can be both a consequence, and a building block of the business. Just as some 'stars' can be superficial, well guess what there are people who aren't 'stars' who are just as superficial, if not more so. But it doesn't make these people any less human, and doesn't give others the right to pass judgment in such a way when they've no real chance of understanding them.
Just because a person puts themselves out infront of us in films and television and what not, doesn't make their personal life the same, there's an incredible lack of respect for the 'stars' personal lives, because the public seem to think they own them or have some right to know. Well, we don't.
What's happened in Angelina's life is saddening, and I can't say it wasn't in some respects anticipated. Still, it's her problem, and only she and the persons concerned can understand why it's happening. So like her or not, I think it would be nice to lay off her case, as none of us are in a position to pass judgement here. And afterall, so long as it's not interferring with her work, it's none of our business.

Lara Croft Online
7th Aug 2002, 15:49
You can say what you want but it worked ;)

Angelina Makes Up With Dad Voight

Tomb Raider star Angelina Jolie is reported to have patched up the feud with her father, Jon Voight.

The duo - who appeared as father and daughter in the movie about Lara Croft - have had a rocky relationship for years because of his womanising and divorce from Angelina's mother.

But the actress is said to have called her father to make peace after he made a tearful plea for her to get in touch during a TV interview, according to newspaper reports.

A source close to th Hollywood star said: "After seeing how distraught he was, Angelina decided to get back in touch.

Upsetting

"She could see how upsetting the family feud was for Jon and decided to let bygones be bygones

"She picked up the phone and rang him in LA. They chatted and arranged to meet when she got back to the States."

Angelina is currently in the middle of a divorce from actor Billy Bob Thornton.

The pair, who recently adopted a Cambodian orphan called Maddox, are splitting up after just two years of marriage.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-12071354,00.html

CatSuit&Ponytail
8th Aug 2002, 14:16
If that scenerio were to happen in my own life, I would feel as AmO would...mortified....and more than a little manipulated.

I stand by my statement that not all separations are bad.