PDA

View Full Version : The Legacy of Kain: Walking Gate

willow
3rd Aug 2002, 08:00
Out of sheer boredom... and inspiration by Umah... I decided to take a min (funny because that's almost litteral) out of my day to write a short story... it's not your a-typical story... so keep that in mind...

LoK: Walking Gate (http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=889946)

please tell me what you think... I normally hate fan fics and would never of though I would ever do one... but boredom is a strange thing... this is my first... so if you don't like it... bite me.

edit: mind you this was by no means premeditated... and I wrote it in about 45 min... so again... if you don't like it... bite me... then I'll sick a vampire monkey on your a**...

it's also a rather short read... shouldn't take you terribly long.

Umah Bloodomen
3rd Aug 2002, 08:11
A brief example of primitive vampire nature. (From all angles I might add).

Very good and very feral for what it is. I can just imagine that this is how the vampire offspring were in their lives. And the 4 different perspectives is a great angle. Shows a bit of evolution with each stronger species.

They lack a sense of reason, and are driven by sheer instinct and animalistic nature.

Kind of like primitive man...once lacking the sense of reason and intellect as we do today.

Bravo for just pulling it out of your head.

now give the vampire monkeys their bananas and walk away slowly. :p

willow
3rd Aug 2002, 08:17
BANANNA!

Umah Bloodomen
3rd Aug 2002, 08:27
"Come Mr. Tally-man...tally me banana...daylight come and me wanna go home..."

ROTFLMAO....By george, I've lost my mind. LOL

willow
3rd Aug 2002, 08:36
*the evil vampire monkey dances... then kills everyone*

he is an evil vampire monkey after all

Serul
3rd Aug 2002, 20:32
Well it's certainly different then the other fan-fics. ;) And I like the way you tell the same story from a different viewpoint in each chapter (or am I wrong there?).
And like Umah said it gives a interressting view of the primal and feral mind of a (fledgling) vampire.

Good job! Now go write some more... :D, please??? :)

Umah Bloodomen
3rd Aug 2002, 21:04
It is very abstract I'll give it that. I suppose you just have to have a thing for abstractness to appreciate it. Kind of like art. ;)

chuffy
3rd Aug 2002, 21:13
i read a story a while back. the story of the birth of Jesus. It was writen from the point of view of a sheep. it was intresting to say the least.

and by the way, willow i really loved the fic. it shows that you look at things differently for everyone eles. see things that aren't on the suface. a rare trait.

chuffy

willow
3rd Aug 2002, 21:56
Serul, Chuffy thanks alot. It means a lot to me to hear that coming from you two.... some of the sound minds on the forum.
I really appreciate it and thank you for the compliments. I'm humbled.

I may write another in the future... I don't know... I don't normally like fan fics all that much and would never have thought I would write one on my own... I suppose there's a snowball waiting for me in hell... but I've been busy writing... I've been writing my first screen play for the past month or two... and that's kept me occupied.