PDA

View Full Version : So who IS the Eldar God?

m_dunn
2nd Aug 2002, 16:44
I've been wondering, what is the significance of the Eldar God? What do you think he's really up to? Also, how old do you think he really is? Is he some sort of creation of the Hylden? He certainly doesn't like vampires. Thoughts?

Serul
2nd Aug 2002, 18:30
Age..., I think he's eternal, meaning always present in time(ageless???). We know that that huge statue underwater neer the Elder God's chamber was fashioned by an ancient primitive cult (don't know if that's all too important :rolleyes: :p ). Also, he does grow larger, by the time we see him in SR1 time he's huge.

Azuriel
2nd Aug 2002, 19:11
in SR1, he`s actually quite small.

warpsavant
2nd Aug 2002, 19:23
I think he is giant in Sr1. I only remeber seeing him in the opening video's still shots, but he was real big IMO. There are also some pics of him in the Sr2 bonus section.

m_dunn
2nd Aug 2002, 20:01
I think he must be really huge in SR1 if he's all the way to Lake of the Dead. Which brings up another question, IS he really that big as to take up all the space between the pillers and the Lake of the Dead, or did he just move? (That must've been one hell of a U-Haul! :eek: :D )

Serul
2nd Aug 2002, 20:38
http://www.serul-concepts.com/pages/temp/kintroc6180.jpg

He doesn't look small to me. :)

willow
8th Aug 2002, 07:29
I think what Azuriel meant was, in SR2 when you meet the Elder God... the farther you go back in time the smaller he is.

Because yeah... in SR the Elder God was pretty huge.

Robertus_Aurelius
22nd Aug 2002, 01:59
I would have to guess that the Elder god and Mortaneous the necromancer from Blood Omen one are one and the same....they both have exactly the same voice...it had three pawns we know of:Kain, Raziel, and Moebius...we know what guise it came to for Kain (Mortanius) and with Raziel(the big octo thing-maybe raz seen it for what it really is because he was on the spirit side)...so my question would be..what does it look like when Moebius sees it???

warpsavant
22nd Aug 2002, 03:06
I think it's more likely that the E.G. turns out to be Hashakgik.

I'm not sure how the E.G. communicates. Its not like he has a mouth. Maybe he speaks to Moebius when Moebius visits the Pillars. Did the shades and demons hear the conversations or were they just in Raziel's mind? I guess he'd talk to Moebius or whoever in the same way.

Umah Bloodomen
22nd Aug 2002, 06:54
The same voice does not necessarily mean that they are the same person. Let us not forget that in BO1, Tony Jay also voiced William the Just (along with a bunch of villagers and whatnot. As did Simon, and as did Michael Bell in the SR series). And I absolutely will not buy that William the Just is a Hylden or the Elderor Mortanius...LOL. (It is very cost effective to have talented voice actors who can change their voices at will, to do the voices to multiple characters).

I am with warp on this one...I believe that Squiddy is the infamous Hash'ak'gik (perhaps in his true form, and that we will be encountering him again in future installments of the LoK series.

keepittrue
22nd Aug 2002, 09:12
To be real honost, I dont even like the idea of Hash being the Elder anymore altho it seems most likely. I hope they surprise us all.

About William being anything else besides a human to me is just plain crap, I wouldnt buy that for nothing.

Robertus_Aurelius
23rd Aug 2002, 17:44
With the Mortaneous/ eldar god thing...I was trying to get at their not only the same voice but the voice has the same tone and demeanor....forget wil the just, that part is costcut part.....

Just think both Mortaneous and the eldar god were at least believed to bring both characters in both games back to life...Kain was raised with Mortaneous and Raz with the eldar god

.........or like everyone else said maybe the voices are for cost cutting...in which case Mortaneous along with Moebius and a slue of other characters are all puppets of the big Calamari

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Aug 2002, 18:32
Originally posted by Robertus_Aurelius
With the Mortaneous/ eldar god thing...I was trying to get at their not only the same voice but the voice has the same tone and demeanor....forget wil the just, that part is costcut part.....
Just think both Mortaneous and the eldar god were at least believed to bring both characters in both games back to life...Kain was raised with Mortaneous and Raz with the eldar god
.........or like everyone else said maybe the voices are for cost cutting...in which case Mortaneous along with Moebius and a slue of other characters are all puppets of the big Calamari

You are aware that Mortanius was possessed by Hash'ak'gik aren't you? The "demeanor" and "tone" reference that you just made would further support our speculations that Hash'ak'gik is the Elder God in his true form. As the "Dark Entity" I don't believe Hash had the power to raise the dead on his own (for the mere fact he wasn't totally physical - he was an entity or spirit). This would back up part of the reason he sought out Mortanius for posession. (Mortanius being the Guardian of the Pillar of Death and had that power). In a true physical form (i.e. the Squid) he would have the power to do it himself. When he revived Raziel, Mortanius had long been dead and buried.

As for Mortanius, he wanted to preserve the Circle of Nine but couldn't do that as long as he was under the control of Hash'ak'gik. (Hence the little dialogue there at the end of BO1 with Anacrothe). We already know for a fact that Hash'ak'gik had a religious hold on Nosgoth. Two of his biggest followers were/are the Lady Azimuth (The Guardian of Dimension) and Moebius (The Time Streamer).

Adrian Tepes
7th Sep 2002, 10:51
Maybe the Elder god is actually the elder Goddess. I wager that it is none other than Ursula from the Little Mermaid.

Umah Bloodomen
7th Sep 2002, 16:06
Originally posted by Adrian Tepes
Maybe the Elder god is actually the elder Goddess. I wager that it is none other than Ursula from the Little Mermaid.

***in cheesy soap opera announcer voice*** And thus concludes yet another twisted chapter in our LoK-based soap opera: As The Chronoplast Turns ...{TM}

Reaper007
8th Sep 2002, 21:10
i only read the first post.

did any1 notice that the actor that does the voice for the elder god also did the voice for the necromancer u see at the beginning of Blood Omen 1 in the intro(the guy that turned kain into a vamp)? maybe the elder god is not a god but the necromancer?

PS i have not finished blood omen 1 yet.

Reaper007

Umah Bloodomen
8th Sep 2002, 21:19
I will refrain from posting up my other responses to this thread because they are very spoilerish. To answer your post (without going into too much details afterward as I did before).

Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
The same voice does not necessarily mean that they are the same person. Let us not forget that in BO1, Tony Jay also voiced William the Just (along with a bunch of villagers and whatnot. As did Simon, and as did Michael Bell in the SR series). And I absolutely will not buy that William the Just is a Hylden or the Elderor Mortanius...LOL. (It is very cost effective to have talented voice actors who can change their voices at will, to do the voices to multiple characters).

If I go into anymore detail about the Elder having the same "tone and demeanor" as Mortanius, then I will blow the plotline for you.

Besides, I discussed that above ;)

Enjoy Blood Omen. (It's my personal favorite in the series).

DMK_Uriel
9th Sep 2002, 12:49
am i missing something?
did the elder god revived Raziel or like Raziel says in SR2 "were you there when i awaken from my slumber?"
( i don't recall how raziel says it so i'msorry if it isn't that way):cool:

Rook
10th Sep 2002, 08:10
I'd say it's anybody's guess either way. It's good to keep in mind that more than a few of Raziel's statements are based on assumptions that aren't necessarily true. (Things like, "The Sarafan were saviors.":rolleyes: ) Then again, the Elder didn't bother saying anything in his own defense at that point, either.