PDA

View Full Version : Where are my missions?!?

DudeItsMe
2nd Aug 2002, 03:42
I guess I can't play Bridge Over The River Kwai. I don't know if I need to complete Bonus Mission 4 first, but I have completed every normal mission up to Bridge Over The River Kwai. This is in Very Hard difficulty (I have finished it once in Normal difficulty) and I think it might be because my rank is too low. Well, why can't I get me some of that Bridge Blowing action?

Xcom
2nd Aug 2002, 04:00
:confused:
Rank has nothing to do with it and you don't have to complete bonus missions in order to be able to play normal missions.
What exactly happens when you finish "Target Burma" (the 4th mission)?

Longshot
2nd Aug 2002, 04:03
You need to complete bonus 4 on very hard before you can play Bridge Over The River Kwai on very hard. You can still go back to playing it on normal and select Bridge Over The River Kwai.

DudeItsMe
2nd Aug 2002, 04:05
Shoot! Bonus Mission 4 is the first thing I have found to be VERY HARD! I will take all the tips I read and hope for the best.

By the way, I have survived at least two invasion unharmed on the fourth bonus mission without all the tips.

Xcom
2nd Aug 2002, 04:07
Originally posted by Longshot
You need to complete bonus 4 on very hard before you can play Bridge Over The River Kwai on very hard.

you sure?

DudeItsMe
2nd Aug 2002, 04:57
It worked! I even managed to forget all the tips I read and compelete the mission all by myself, with only a small varation of my previous strategy, without using any of the Commandos with the exception of the Sniper (3 bullets used), and without having a single casualty! It kicked ***!

EDIT: Yes, I can play Bridge Over The River Kwai now!

Longshot
2nd Aug 2002, 06:34
Originally posted by Xcom

you sure?

unfortunitly yes.

1shot1kill
2nd Aug 2002, 08:27
Ehm, no, you can skip the bonus missions whenever you like, just select the next normal mission from the list in the start game menu.

iakovos
2nd Aug 2002, 09:00
Bonus Missions are not obligatory to play. Normal missions unlock themselves when you finish the previous normal mission.

Iakovos:)

DudeItsMe
2nd Aug 2002, 14:19
These are not NORMAL missions. These are VERY HARD missions. And no I don't want to just play the mission on Normal, that would defeat the entire purpose of trying to beat it on VERY HARD. I do believe it has to be completed since I had to complete it before I could play Bridge Over The River Kwai. It says nothing about it in the instruction manual, but it appears to be this way.

Rapid
2nd Aug 2002, 20:05
Agree, don't need to complete bonus missions to advance, they are optional (I didn't play a couple). However, I never tried anything on very hard, so ???? Maybe...

1shot1kill
2nd Aug 2002, 20:31
Originally posted by DudeItsMe
These are not NORMAL missions. These are VERY HARD missions. And no I don't want to just play the mission on Normal, that would defeat the entire purpose of trying to beat it on VERY HARD. I do believe it has to be completed since I had to complete it before I could play Bridge Over The River Kwai. It says nothing about it in the instruction manual, but it appears to be this way.

With normal mission we mean the 10 actual missions in the game, you can skip all the bonus missions if you want to, even on very hard, when you finished a mission and don't want to play the bonus mission that comes after it if you collected all books you can just quit the bonus mission and select the next mission from the list.