PDA

View Full Version : Bo2 for gamecube?

L_Master562
2nd Aug 2002, 01:09
I just saw that over at the announcements. Great!!! I have both GcN ans Ps2 already!!! I WANT MORE EXTRAS OR ELSE I WON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!!! If we get that level select chamber, I would buy the game again just for that. Wait, I already have all the LoK games for all systems I own but Bo2 for Xbox I don't have, so I would buy it anyways no matter what.

I would like an option to go to Sanctuary at any time as well for that. After completing each level, you should be able to go to the level select thing to go back to replay a level or proceed on. I want to see Kain's castle. That should be an extra after beating the game. It would be cool to visit the pillars also. I want more classic Bo1 Armor, Weapons and itens/spells added also.

Is this gunna be a strait port Chris@crystal??

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Aug 2002, 03:22
I did manage to ask Chris this and here's what he said:

Originally posted by Chris@Crystal
**Waves at Umah**
Hi there Umah,
I really like your signiture. Sweet!
I wish I had better answers for you, but here is the info I have:
1. Are they going to change anything (similar to what they did with the new Resident Evil) or is it going to be the same BO2 we all know and love?
To the best of my knowledge this should be a direct port. Hopefully some issues that were found after the game was released on PS2 will be fixed. When we get the game in to test, I might have more information for you about this.
2. Any word on if the future installments of the series (SR3/BO3) will also be going cross platform (between PS2 / Xbox / GC)?
At this time I do not believe SR3 has been officially announced for a specific system. Hopefully it will be cross platform, but I do not have any info yet. BO3 has not been announced, nor has any work been started on a third installment of the BO series.

We should get the game in to test within the next month, so I will post more on it then.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

:)

L_Master562
2nd Aug 2002, 05:23
Actually, it was great having the REmake for GcN, though Re2, 3, and Code Veronica Complete are all coming to GcN as direct ports themselves. Good I don't have the PsX/2 versions(anymore, and I made profit), so when I buy the others I'm not rebuying something from before. I had them all at one point, beat them through over and over, and sold them. I'll keep these though. I hope Re2 has the EX files from the Re2 N64 port. When it comes to the LoK games, I get them all. I get every version for every system (excluding X-Box, though my PC copy makes up for that) I own + PC. I have all four current titles for both PsX/2 and Pc. Bo1 works so great on a modern computer compared to a PsX/1/2. What can I say, I'm a fanatic.

What issues from the Ps2 version though??? I never had any problems. Oh yeah, Chris said the original Ps2 models were different from the newer one causing the bugs. Lucky me with the first model preordered right after they went on sale. I beat everyone to the punch!!!!! I got Sr2 quck right when it came out, but then saving for GcN and buying this put a huge whole in my pocket. I had to wait until easter (I get more preasents then than for Christmas, go figure) to get Bo2. Oh well, time to beat it again.

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Aug 2002, 05:28
The bugs were the sound synching with the graphics, the lagging in some places etc. I've experienced these bugs but never let it ruin my gameplay. I still enjoy the game and found the bugs quite humorous actually. LoL

I guess a lot of people have called Eidos wanting replacements and whatnot, so they did their best to correct the issues before announcing that they were going cross platform.

L_Master562
2nd Aug 2002, 12:23
I had a slowdown when saving once, just ONCE. I'll just have fun rebeating Bo2 for GameCube if there are changes or not. More extras are a good plus, and I hope theyput a couple in. Even if it is just fixing the level select chamber. That was cool.

RedLegg
2nd Aug 2002, 14:10
For you all that may want to read more hype on this subject:

http://www.gamers.com/news/1204887

blincoln
2nd Aug 2002, 15:04
I'm really curious to see how the GC version looks now.

warpsavant
2nd Aug 2002, 19:27
Is it me, or is Kain in the first outfit in the Sarafan Keep??

Serul
2nd Aug 2002, 20:28
I think so.

Also look at the old/new glyph in screenshot 3. :)

blincoln
2nd Aug 2002, 21:08
Yes, those are all pre-release screenshots from the XBox version. I think they just hadn't implemented the second set of armour when the Keep shot was made.