PDA

View Full Version : Hash'ak'gik question

m_dunn
1st Aug 2002, 23:51
I've played BO1 several times and have never heard the name Hash'ak'gik mentioned. Now, I know he is the Dark Entity that possesses Mortanius, but where is that name mentioned? Is it in the manual somewhere, or does he say the name somewhere withen the game? Or niether?

blincoln
1st Aug 2002, 23:53
There's a secret room (underneath Avernus, IIRC) that has a book with his name in it.

L_Master562
2nd Aug 2002, 01:04
The Dark Entity was never caled that in game, was he? I thought he was only mentioned as the unspoken by Ariel in the beggining.

Oh well, the more names, the better one should think. All relate to the demon in one way or another. They don't in dialouge mention him much and never by the name Hash. I guess that leaves his name Hash unspoken. And as a demon, he is a dark entity. It fits.

blincoln
2nd Aug 2002, 03:06
The horned demon at the end is never explicitly called Hash'ak'gik, but the secret chamber under Avernus has a book that says "And Hash'ak'gik spoke unto the world..." and then some doom-and-gloom stuff I can't remember offhand.

darien_specter
2nd Aug 2002, 10:27
... I still think that Hash'ak'gik is related to the Elder in some fashion. I'm also still not convinced that the demon at the end was Hash, rather than one of his minions; because we see an awful lot of those horned demons in SR2... and we have other evidence that the Elder was worshipped in some form in far ancient days (the giant statue in the caverns in SR2). And so maybe he did "speak unto the world" in that fashion...

warpsavant
2nd Aug 2002, 20:00
The entity who confronts and speaks to Kain at the end of BO:LoK is indeed the being alternately known as "the Unspoken," the "Dark Entity" and "Hash'ak'gik". But does the deformation of Mortanius' flesh that it uses to manifest represent its true form ? ... that question is still open to speculation...

Vampmaster
2nd Aug 2002, 20:54
"And Hash'akGik spoke unto the world: 'Bring me your first born and shed their blood on the alter of the world so that I may take nurishment from them. Do this without question or suffer my wrath for eternity!' And it was done." That was (almost) a direct quote from what was said in Blood Omen.

darien_specter
6th Aug 2002, 00:44
Don't snore at me, warp. Unless Amy said that it was, the game never calls him that, and he looks like the big gray demons in SR2, so that demon isn't unique. It could be him, but for all we know it might not be, either.

m_dunn
6th Aug 2002, 02:43
Hey, who knows? Maybe he was a very ambitious demon. One day he's like "I feel like creating chaos" so he leaves all his demon buddies behind and takes over Mortanius. :rolleyes: :) :D

warpsavant
6th Aug 2002, 05:34
That is a quote from Amy. LOL :p I wasnt snoring at you I'm just tired of the Hashagik/Dark Entity Question.

darien_specter
6th Aug 2002, 05:37
Well if it's a quote from Amy, then I can at last rest, secure in the knowledge that my questions are answered by a higher power. :D

Of course, now I wonder why the SR2 big black demons look like him... alas, every answer creates another question... :confused:

warpsavant
6th Aug 2002, 05:38
Q: And now, is Hash the demon at the end!? It says no where that he is or isnt.
In fact, only time Hash is mentioned is under Avernus. But nothing directly
states that demon is in fact Hashakgik, its only the Dark Entity. Thats why
he is the Unspoken, everyone fears his wrath if they say his name.
A: hehe, I just wrote Chris a response to this question, so he could post it on the forum.
Here's what I told him: The entity who confronts and speaks to Kain at the end of BO:LoK is indeed the being alternately known as "the Unspoken," the "Dark Entity" and "Hash'ak'gik". But does the deformation of Mortanius' flesh that it uses to manifest represent its true form ? ... that question is still open to speculation... :)

I also included the following info:
To clarify, the being referred to as the "Dark Entity", the "Unspoken" and "Hash'ak'gik" are all the same entity. This was left very vague in BO:LoK, but clarified in SK's FAQ and in the dialogue scripts themselves.

Just so you know -- the being is never called "the Dark Entity" in the game; this is just what the being is called in the stage directions of the dialogue scripts, and this is what SK calls it in their FAQ.
When Ariel tells Kain to "beware the Unspoken", she's talking about the Dark Entity. (The "Unspoken" name is also referenced in SK's FAQ).

The name "Hash'ak'gik" is only used once in the game -- when Kain finds the secret, bloody altar in the depths of the catacombs beneath Avernus Cathedral. There's passage of "scripture" found here, which reads:
And Hash’ak’gik spoke unto the world, and all who heard trembled. “Bring me your first born, and shed their blood upon the altar of the world, so I might take nourishment from them. Do this without question, or suffer my wrath for eternity.” And its will was done.
Thus the game sort of left it open to interpretation whether the Dark Entity Kain confronts at the end of BO:LoK was this Hash'ak'gik character...
but it was clarified in SK's FAQ, where they did state that the Dark Entity possessing Mortanius is, in fact, Hash'ak'gik.

darien_specter
6th Aug 2002, 05:42
So maybe it just looks like a big black demon... so reassuring. :p

I never did find that altar... of course, I only played it once... how does one get to it?

Stupid me, I saved that post of yours with Amy's answers, warp. I guess I could have gone to look for myself... so lazy... :rolleyes:

warpsavant
6th Aug 2002, 05:53
The altar is really cool. I like the voice that they use to say the scary scripture. It's a real pain in the *** to get to actually if I remember.

Ardeth Silvereni
6th Aug 2002, 08:59
The doorway that leads to the altar isn't too hard to find (if you know where to look). It's near the main altar of the cathedral. There may be a switch that opens the door, but every time I've reached it, it's already been unlocked.

The doorway is here:
http://www.darkchronicle.co.uk/misc/Hashaltlocate.JPG

Pictures of the altar and text are available here:
http://www.darkchronicle.co.uk/archive/hashalt.html

Even without Amy's feedback, the mural on the floor of the altar room suggests strongly that it is the demon who is being referred to in the text.

warpsavant
6th Aug 2002, 19:02
the mural on the floor of the altar room suggests strongly that it is the demon who is being referred to in the text.

I agree.

L_Master562
7th Aug 2002, 03:39
I agree it was the Dark Entity just because it looks just like him. I went back today to see the altar again. Hadn't in a while. I was suprised the first time I stumbled upon it (back when the game first came out) just because I didn't expect such a change of scenery. I had just first gotten to the chapple (before the Reaver/Armor stuff) and I didn't expect that. When I went to the later Reaver and armor sections though, I knew full well of those kinds of changes from the alter so it didn't really seem to matter. I stumbled upon the door just exploring. I thought that was where I had to go.