PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Guys/Girls of videogameing

Lackey
1st Aug 2002, 23:23
I'm bored and I know this isn't the most intelligent(sp?) thing to post, but I thought it might be interesting to see how many LOK characters get into peoples top 5. So who are your top 5 and why?

These are mine:

Guys:

Joint 1st- Raziel, LOK, Sexy as a vampire, cute as the Soul
Reaver and just so cool.

Joint 1st-Link, legend of Zelda, he is just so cute plus I have a big thing for pointy elf ears!

Joint 1st-Cloud, FF7, I kind of relate alot to him, which I know makes me strange as I'm a girl.

4th-Citan, Xenogears, A village doctor with a dark past, who just can't stop talking, what more could be better. Plus he was really kick-**** and saved my party in battle on more then once. One of the best minor charaters i have ever seen.

5th-Dante, Devil May Cry, He's cool and sexy and he has white hair and plays with both guns and swords. Plus hes half demon!

Notable mention: Kain, LOK, would be my number six. He just loses out to Dante for fifth place, because he is only a vampire and not half demon.

Girls:

1st-Aya Brea, Parasite eve 1 and 2, this girl is cool, I would love to be her for a day.

2nd-Xanthia, Legand of Kyradia 2, stronge girl who knows how to look afterherself and has some great one-liners

3rd-Yorda, Ico, I dare anyone who has played this game not to develop a soft spot for this frail little glowing girl.

4th- Millenia, Grandia 2, super cool demon girl, who learns to love and care during the course of the game, she even brought a tear to my eye on a few occations.

5th-Tifa, FF7, not a typical weak girl charater. She is stronge and Kicks-****. Also involved in a love triangle, and boy do I know how that feels.

Notable mention: Trish, Devil May Cry, she is a baddy but she has a good reason, considering the way she came into exsistance, But she pulls through in the end and brought a tear to my eye (actually that was Dantes fault by saying "Devils never cry" when he is tring to comfort her as she weeps).

Azrael
2nd Aug 2002, 02:00
Hehe, nice choose you got there Lackey, but most of them i don't know.. anyway, here's my fav's:

Girls
- Aeris, FF7, because she's beautifull, nice and fragile, and i would love to have her for a day...huh?..if this isn't asking much could be it for all eternity? :p
- Umah. LoK, well what can i say, a she's a dream for all LoK players :p
- Alice, American McGee's: Alice, i really like the darkened version of the kind Alice from the fairy tales.
- Viola, ZoE, a girl that isn't afraid from death, and like battling.
- Julie, Heavy Metal F.A.K.K2, ok who is the guy that doesn't want to play with a girl that get its clothes even more torn each level? :D

Guys:
- Dumah, man...i don't know but i like him, maybe its because he's the complete oposite of me :D
- Squall, FF8, maybe because his behavior and the way he thinks, looks like mine, and plus, he have my fav type of weapon the gunblade.
- Christof, from Vampire the Masquerade, he's a cool vampire who wants to preserve his humanity.
- Hank, Shogo, because he gives you a good help during the game...
- Guybrush Threepwood, Monky Island, he cracks me up =)

~note: i don't know why you say that "isn't the most thing intelligent(sp? (whats sp??)) thing to post"? i don't see anything wrong here, and it can be interesting/fun to see the other people char top choices =)

NoobSaibot
2nd Aug 2002, 02:12
Guys-

1) My name sake, Mortal Kombat Trilogy's own Noob Saibot.

2) Raziel and Kain, Legacy of Kain.

3) Mega Man and Mega Man X, a Little old school, but two great guys.

4) Dante, Devil May Cry, enough said!

5) Master Chief, Halo, Quite possibly the best first person shooter ever!

Girls-

1) I agree with the Aya Brea choice. That girl is hot and kicks serious a$$ in the first two Parasite Eve games.

2) Samus, Metroid Series. A classic!

3) Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield. The Resident Evil series had guys, but who could tell.

4) Sonya Blade, Princess Kitana, and Jade. Another MK reference, but they were some strong girls.

5) Kaede, Onimusha was a very fun game and this temporarily controled asian bomb shell naroly edged out Chun Li from street fighter on my list.

Umah Bloodomen
2nd Aug 2002, 03:16
Guys:

1. Kain (LoK) Just because he is a well-rounded character. He is tough and he has a personality to match.

2. Dante (DMC) Need I say more? **drools** :p

3. Albert Wesker (RE Series) You just love to hate him. Very sinister character and you can't get rid of him. :p

4. Yoshimitsu (Tekken Series) I just so love this guy. (And the pogo-sword move he has cracks me up).

5. Noob Saibot (MK Series) Evil Incarnite and can whoop some mean ***.

EDIT Honorable mention goes to Chris Redfield (RE) and Reptile (MK)

Girls

(My first place is tied between 2 people)

1. Taki (Soul Blade / Soul Calibur Series) This girl can definately screw you up. I bet you'd probably feel it years after the fact too.
Ivy (Soul Calibur Series) A bit slower than Taki, but I wouldn't want to be subjected to her sword/whip thing nonetheless.

2. Umah (LoK Series) One because I am biased. :p Two because I think she really could've proven her worth had she been in the game more. Decently rounded character

3. Harle (Chrono Chross) Trust me here. Play the game.

4. Rose (Legend of Dragoon) - Excellent character and definately a strong one at that.

4. Ada Wong (Resident Evil Series) Kind of like Wesker, you can't get rid of her that easy...even if you throw her off a balcony.

(Honorable mention goes to Jill Valentine (RE Series) because she remains a video game chick pioneer and you just gotta love her. :p)

EDIT Another honorable mention goes to Princess Kitana, Mileena, Jade (and might as well throw in Khameleon LoL) from the MK series. BTW...I hate Sonya Blade...she's so girly. These ladies make her look like Lady Lovelilocks or something. :p

BTW Azrael - (sp?) means that the person wanted a clarification on how a word is spelled. ;)

Epsillion
2nd Aug 2002, 07:21
#1 - Duke Nukem. He saves the entire planet from alien
onslaught 3 times in a row. Plus he is based on Bruce
Campbell, so that makes him automatically #1

#2 - Max Payne. This guy takes out the mafia and a corrupt
company with only the help of a couple painkillers just
because he is angry. That's pretty tough.

#3 - Kain

#4 - Daelan Red Tiger from NWN

#5 - Ben from Full Throttle

Lackey
2nd Aug 2002, 07:42
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
[color=indigo]

3. Harle (Chrono Chross) Trust me here. Play the game.

4. Rose (Legend of Dragoon) - Excellent character and definately a strong one at that.

How could I forget those two. Harle deserves to be a Joint 4th place with Millenia as they both go through the same sort of thing. And Rose at least needs an honorable mention, she would be in my top 10, thats for sure.

willow
2nd Aug 2002, 08:10
MEN

1. Kain: Possibly the strongest character in videogames. His rise to power out of spite... only to gain a conscious out of boredom (The Legacy of Kain).
2. Solid Snake: Always does what's right... but not always at his own will... he does what he knows... killing for his country (Metal Gear).
3.Manny Calavera: A Grim Reaper that goes on the ultimate quest... because it's honorable... and the right thing to do... and for a woman (The Grim Fandango).
4.Sephiroth: Doing what he knows is right... even if that means the destruction of the world... he's out for the ultimate good... in his own mind (Final Fantasy VII).
5.Link: The silent hero always to the rescue... the story is told through his eyes... but not through his words.

Women

1.Samus Aran: The deadly Bounty Hunter living in a mans world doing a mans job... better than a man... (Metroid)
2.Claire Redfield: Survival... she's a survivor... but not at the expense of others... she goes out of her way to make sure everyone is safe... everyone gets out alive (Resident Evil).
3.Alice: The ruthless demented protagonist in an insane world... she's just as insane as the rest of the world... that's how she survives (Alice).
4.Aeris Gainsborough: Always the greater good... she would do anything for it... even give her own life (Final Fantasy VII).
5.Terra: Courageous and powerful in a world of cowards and villains (Final Fantasy VI/III).

edit: don't give me flack about not including Umah... she's not on for a reason.

Serul
2nd Aug 2002, 08:50
Since I can't make up my mind about forming these in a list, I'll mention them in no particular order...

Guys

Ashley Riot (Vagrant Story)
Cloud Strife (FF7)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear)
Kain (Legacy of Kain)
Dante (DMC)

Honorable mention: Chris Redfield, Raziel and plenty of others. :D

Girls

Samus Aran (Metroid)
Millia Rage (GGX)
Claire Redfield (Resident Evil)
Aya Brea (Parasite Eve 1 & 2)
Rose (Legend of Dragoon)

Honorable mention: Callo Merlose, Dizzy, Umah, Alice. I'd like to add Jen (Primal) to the list, but she is from a game not yet released. :P

FierceClaw
2nd Aug 2002, 09:20
My list has a lot of ties since I couldn't decide which of these characters to kick off the list :)

Guys:

[list=1]
Tie between Raziel and Kain - Both of these guys are more complex and interesting than almost any other fictional characters.
Tie between Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango, Ben from Full Throttle, Guybrush Threepwood from the Monkey Island games, and Sam & Max from Sam & Max Hit the Road - All of these classic LucasArts adventure game characters are so funny, lovable, and incredibly unique that they demand to be on any list like this.
Tie between Boots and PAL-18 from Anachronox - Same reasons as the LucasArts characters (in fact, I would have tied them all together, but the last tie was big enough already).
Tie between Raynor, Mengsk, Aldaris, Fenix, and Tassadar from StarCraft (and Brood War) - It was lots of fun to watch all of these characters develop over the course of the game.
Tie between Tyreal from Diablo 2 and Thrall and Arthas from WarCraft III - Tyreal is the coolest depiction of an angel I've ever seen, and Thrall and Arthas were both interesting characters.
[/list=1]

Girls:

[list=1]
Kerrigan from StarCraft (and Brood War)- I loved watching her personality evolve over the course of the game.
Elaine Marley from the Monkey Island games - It was great to see a female main character that, if given the chance, could do a better job of rescuing the male protagonist than he could of rescuing her.
Tie between Dr. Rho Bowman and Fatima Doohan from Anachronox - I'm not sure how to describe why these characters are so great, but anyone who has played the game will likely feel the same way.
Eva from Grim Fandango - The conversations between her and Manny were some of the most memorable in the game.
Maureen from Full Throttle - Yet another classic LucasArts character (there sure are a lot of them in this post, huh?).
[/list=1]

Well, there you have it

Edit: Added in two words that I had left out

Azazel005
2nd Aug 2002, 13:02
What a Great Thread.

The Ladies

Notable Mentions,
Jill Valentine - "You Wanna See Stars? I'll show you stars"
Ivy Valentine - "Hear My Sword Sing"

5. Chun Li - She has a storng will and pride. She was a fighter when other girls where damsels in distress.

4. Sierra - A memorable Vampire Character cocky and flippant yet still noble.

3. Kerrigan "Queen of The Blades" - A female a character with real class. She takes on the galaxy with a smile on her face, and she is more than meets th eye.

2. Lara Croft Like she was in Tomb Raider before the ywatered her down for the sequels. Gutsy, witty and unfazed by impossible odds. A sexy combanation of Indian Jones adventuring and Chow Yun Fat gunslinging.

1. Samus Aran She was cool before video game characters had wit and sex appeal, she was all business and that spoke volumes.

The Men

Notable Mentions,
Heishiro Mitsurugi - "I'm Mitsurugi, Remember my name"
Sydney Losstarot - "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth' they are sheep ruled by fear"

5. Sephiroth He is dark and powerful, with a sword taller than himself. Generally an Enigma he is the Ultimate Villain.

4. Vorador For all his talk (and he does a lot of it) he is power. He stood against the most powerful forces in Nosgoth won, and the walked around acting like it was a cynch. THATS CLASS.

3. Akuma Power Made Flesh, The lord of the Fist. Two choices bow at his feet or die by his hands.

2. Malek Our Righteous villain. Malek has nothing but power and a need for Vengeance. Malek was a cold Blooded killer the only warrior strong enough to stand up in humanity's name. Whether he gave a damn about humanity or not.

1. Kain I really don't think I can top willow's quote. He is Kain and he confirms only to his will and his needs. I mean He's KAIN, thats enough.

Power reaver
2nd Aug 2002, 14:09
Nice thread

The Guys :

1)Raziel : The coolest VG character around , he is my fav .

2)Kyle Katarn : The jedi from the JK series

3)Kain : Strong and firm , a very bad Vampire , need I say more

4)Zero : From the Megaman , really like his saber and his long hair .

5)Turel : He is just too mysterious to be left behind
Ryu : From the Street Fighter games
The Girls :

1)ChunLi : Really strong

2)Umah : For helping Guy no.3
Aerial : For her constant wining , she knows her job ;)

since I dont know many video game girls , I ll put all the girls that have come from other sources but have also appeared in the games .

4) Fuuko : Controller of the Fuugin from the Flame of Recca game on the GBA

5)Blackarachnia : From Beast Wars/Machines

Note : I like Kakarot , Vegeta , Tamahome , Reeca Hanabashi , Phusuke and a bunch of other anime freaks , but since they didnt originate from Games , I guess they cant be taken into consideration .

Azrael
2nd Aug 2002, 23:08
hehe, but why don't you create a thread asking about 5 top guys/girls/or whatever fav. movie/anime/... char?
Just an idea...

Apocrypha Roxy
3rd Aug 2002, 03:39
Top 5 Guys: (In no particular order...)

Raziel - Vampire Raziel is to DIE for! And a very intriguing character, no less.)

Kain - Badass with class = one cool cat. Plus, his character grows with each story, & becomes more real with each circumstance in understanding the finality of his decisions.)

Dante - I'm dying to get this game... I'm dying...

Garrett - Who better than a smooth talking, soft stepping, leather clad sarcastic, cunning, cynical thief to entertain you in the dark? Wait, that didn't come out right...

The guys from Giants: Citizen Kabuto - Baz, Tel, Reg, Gordon & Bennett (MY GOD, are they funny!)

Top 5 Girls: (In no particular order)

Alice - A fellow corkscrew (twisted, cold, and sharp!). Determined, strong willed, someone you definately want at your back in unfamiliar territory. And demon dice are fun!

Viktoria - Charming, deceptive & disfigure-causing in Thief - The Dark Project; yet reserved, brave, and concerned in Thief 2 - The Metal Age. Plus, she turns into a shrub at will. How cool is that? :D

Delphi (Giants) - She's cool, can perform magic spells & speedy leaps, she's brave to stand up to her sadistic mother & cruel empire, and she's BLUE tinted! Awesome!

Umah - Killer purple outfit, and has the ability to stir Kain's senses immeasureably. Have never seen anyone else do that. I'm betting he's regretting killing her now, ain't he? ;)

FierceClaw
3rd Aug 2002, 07:50
I can't believe I forgot about the guys from Giants!

Apocrypha Roxy
4th Aug 2002, 16:51
Yeah! And the Smarties!

You have to totally dig Borjoyzee - spunky, for an old guy!
Timmy's cool too! Too bad Kabuto munched on the little guy... :D

Power reaver
16th Aug 2002, 15:09
hehe, but why don't you create a thread asking about 5 top guys/girls/or whatever fav. movie/anime/... char?
Just an idea...

I thought about that , but then again how many people watch Animes in this forum . If enough people do then I ll definately put up a thread .

Azrael : I should have replied to this post earlier but I was having problems and this page wouldent show right .

BTW Iam logging off to go play SR2 again , I have thought about some things and I want to verify them , so if what I thought was correct , expect some new threads tomorrow .:D

necropotence
16th Aug 2002, 22:06
Guy's

I also took the liberty of including my favorite quote by the characters.

1. Kain "Once again I began to feel the obligation's of power, to deal justice fairly to all. Soon my people would know me again as their lord, but the vampire's who were traitor's to thier own kind they would know me first of all!"

2. Raziel "Answer me little brother or I will beat an answer from you're horrid lip's."

3. Malek

4.Mobius the time streamer "my sig"

5. Sarafan Lord "Your name is drowned in the backwater's of passing time."

Girls

1. Yorda (from ico)

2. Ariel "Who are you little soul another one of Kain's tortured soul's come to haunt these pillar's."

3. Uma "Followme if you wish to die."

4. Samus (from metroid)

5. Meryl Silverburgh (from mgs)