PDA

View Full Version : When will Square just launch their own console?

Mike.Nova.XIII
24th Nov 2012, 22:19
Their games clearly ownshine the systems they are on... why not?

werefire100
24th Nov 2012, 23:38
in my personal opinion squares recources are already being stretched thin enough making all they're different series. some of which have games that are still yet to be released like final fantasy versus (i will not forget about this game). if they put they're efforts towards a system i can't see they're games keeping up the quality of the past. just an opinion but it seems legitimate enough to me.

Steampunk666
25th Nov 2012, 09:36
firegodifrit is right there already stretched thin has well of the fact that made bad chose in pass base on Japan office ideas that not real mesh well with US market, like the only just finely started selling US manga and anime under own name when that what started out doing, STUPID!

IN JAPAN THEY BEEN SELLING MANGA OVER 30PLUS

so why just know starting into the us market

why did they let 4kids and cartoon network licessnes there protects when could sole themselfs, CASE AND POINT

FULL METAL ALCHEMEIST

also

WHY NO MORE FF ANIME?

WTF squaresoft, why no monthy managa magzine in america like jump?

how about a free 30 newsletter with 15 pages of manga?

Steampunk666
25th Nov 2012, 09:37
there japan market gets a magzine? why dont we?

that bull****!

CyberOliver
25th Nov 2012, 09:54
Yes! We can imagine Squarenix's own company machine where all its titles are being released for it first strike.

LennethLionK3
25th Nov 2012, 13:32
I'm thinking sometime in the distant future SE won't need their own console... I'm betting they provide a way to play all of their games through an online program. Didnt Wada say something about consoles are gonna die out?, or something to that effect.

member_10446310
25th Nov 2012, 13:56
I agree, they should have their own system. But i'm not sure they would have enough of their own games to put on the system.

Mouse99
25th Nov 2012, 19:37
I don't know if thats such a good idea because releasing games on multiple consoles just sounds more profitable...

LennethLionK3
25th Nov 2012, 19:45
I don't know if thats such a good idea because releasing games on multiple consoles just sounds more profitable...

Maybe if all consoles used the same engine, multiple console releases tend to delay releases. Taking longer to make games cuts into profit also. Although multiple platform releases do expand potential fan base and sales at the same time... an easier way to get the fastest release of a game to the most amount of ppl would be on your laptop/computer... everyone thats plays games has a computer right?

Mouse99
25th Nov 2012, 19:56

Maybe if all consoles used the same engine, multiple console releases tend to delay releases. Taking longer to make games cuts into profit also. Although multiple platform releases do expand potential fan base and sales at the same time... an easier way to get the fastest release of a game to the most amount of ppl would be on your laptop/computer... everyone thats plays games has a computer right?

Sorry I'm strictly just a console person. PC gaming was way too addicting. I remember back in the days when the first Age of Empire came out(1997), I only planned to play for 30mins and I end up playing all night without even realizing it. Needless to say I had school that very morning. PC gamers in my opinion are pretty Hardcore, for that you guys have my respect.

Leaferian-379423
25th Nov 2012, 20:08
Not enough games? Hm, I dunno. If they were making their own console, I imagine they'd load their games onto discs that are comptaible with the system. If they were to do something like that, they'd have the entire Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, and Mana series to pull from/port at least. Then we factor in their acquisitions from Tri-Ace, so they'd have Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile for sure. There are all sorts of one-shot games like Infinite Undiscovery, as well.

They own Deus Ex, Hitman, and Tomb Raider as well yes? I feel like there are more big series they control, but I can't remember any at the moment.

I don't think they'll make their own console, but if they did they'd definitely have the product to place on it. Even if they just re-released all their old works, it'd be a good number of titles to work with. Can't speak to the business sense bit of it.

LennethLionK3
25th Nov 2012, 20:31

Sorry I'm strictly just a console person. PC gaming was way too addicting. I remember back in the days when the first Age of Empire came out(1997), I only planned to play for 30mins and I end up playing all night without even realizing it. Needless to say I had school that very morning. PC gamers in my opinion are pretty Hardcore, for that you guys have my respect.

It's not hard to plug in a controller, hook up the hdmi cable to your tv and potentially play downloadable or brower based SE games tho right?

I'm not a PC gamer either, I like consoles. But from a business sense, it sounds like a faster, less expensive alternative to reach gamers once the foundation is laid down... I could very well be wrong, but gaming has changed alot thru the years, it's really hard to say what will happen.

Mouse99
25th Nov 2012, 20:54
It's not hard to plug in a controller, hook up the hdmi cable to your tv and potentially play downloadable or brower based SE games tho right?

I'm not a PC gamer either, I like consoles. But from a business sense, it sounds like a faster, less expensive alternative to reach gamers once the foundation is laid down... I could very well be wrong, but gaming has changed alot thru the years, it's really hard to say what will happen.

That's pretty funny because that's exactly what I do lol.

I see your point on wanting to have one fixated architecture for producing games on but since I'm not well inform about PC and how often they upgrade their graphics card and everything else to keep it up to date. In my opinion I just can't see the PC as the best candidate...forgive me if I'm wrong :p

member_10751449
26th Nov 2012, 02:07
Nah they shouldn't because I rather them focus on games, but they can keep releasing limited edition stuff.

member_10141597
30th Nov 2012, 07:40
I dont see them making thy're own system because they sell games just fine throughout the multiple systems.
where it would be nice if they did i just dont see it happening