PDA

View Full Version : Commandos 2 - Silent Killers

PJROCK
1st Aug 2002, 00:10
Does anyone know how to get Inferno, Spooky, and the Diver into the base. I understand that Spooky must where the officers uniform and have the proper paper. I can get in with only Spooky Driving the car. However, when Spooky drives up with Inferno and the Diver in the car there seen and our cover is blown.

Help!

Thanks,

PJROCK

sailor
1st Aug 2002, 00:44
Use the truck and make sure they get into the back by putting the driver in first. It took me a long time to figure that out.

sailor

Longshot
1st Aug 2002, 02:19
There are a number of different ways to get into the base, if you just think about it.

My favorite is to use Fins's hook and to hook it into the top of the hanger and just climb up. It saves a lot of time and makes for a different style of gameplay.

Twitch
1st Aug 2002, 18:28
Ok here's mine- Fins dives in and cuts the mine cables then surfaces near shore where the boat ramp depression in the ground is. Wiat for the right moment ans throw the knife at the guard and craw up to get his stuff. Back in the water and just barely crawl onto the metal mesh near the ground height sniper and take him out with a pistol. Roof snipers can't get an angle on you. Once all are ashore Inferno cuts the wire and CAREFULLY detects and neutralizes mines. Cut the next wire. Fins can take out hte officer smokin and pacing at the rear of the complex by knife or knockout. Now Spooky has a uniform and can prance all around the place. The guys at the back of the base can be taken out one by one using Spooky to distract them very easily. You can take it from there.

The front end is too tough with not enough cover. There is a radio in the room at the front gate Spooky can use after machine gunning the 3 guys there the other radio has too many guys around. Call Tiny to drop in in back and start your mayhem!

1shot1kill
2nd Aug 2002, 02:18
I used the fins to knock out the 2 soldiers at the exits of the docks, then i brought all ashore on the right, through the mines, took out the 3 enemies behind it bla bla. Then i woudl lupin put the documents on whiskey and let him open the door for whiskey after which i would let the spy use his dog whistle so whiskey would come to him and the spy could take the papers. Then i would let the spy disguised as an officer enter the truck and let the other 2 get in the back. Drove all the way to the front of the base and let the german check my papers after which i would stop around the station building, take out the few enemies around it with the sapper and spy and then clear the station itself and use the radio, then i would let the green beret land on the stairs of the station and from there on cleared the whole camp using the beret and the spy.

DudeItsMe
2nd Aug 2002, 05:03
I go for max points. No guns allowed =)

If you really want to see how I do it, I can show you with Screen Shots. There is nothing more satisfying that completing a mission with your bare hands!

Longshot
2nd Aug 2002, 06:37
I'm past the getting all stars and getting promoted to the next rank. Now I just look for new ways to complete the missions...keeps it interesting.

DudeItsMe
2nd Aug 2002, 14:20
Thats true. Try climbing the telephone wires with the Green Beret to take out the snipers on top of the buildings.

Twitch
2nd Aug 2002, 16:07
All right! I agree. When this game 1st came out there was always a wise guy on here telling you your tactics would lower your score or what not. I play for the fun of it and after not playing for 6 months don't care either about the little medals and rank stuff. The great part of C2 is that you can complete the missions in infinite ways for you own satisfaction.

Colditz has so many ways Spooky can truck around and meet up twith the others or not right away it endless. Das Boot is probably my favorite and i recall my best time was only 2 little stars for 1hr 35 min. But it is so much fun to have gotten to the front of the camp and lob grenades at these chumps and see how dumb they look that I laugh out loud.

In Colditz after Duke has most of the sniper rounds existing it's great to turn him loose and pop these dork off. Sometimes if I get careless and lose Spooky I get mad and turn Tiny loose to kill everyone.

I got SOOO tired of thumping chumps on the head the game just became boring. A clean knife kill is the same and who cares about points anymore? And there is always the possibility that those knocked out get revived by their buddies and screw things up. None of the dead ones get up!

Rapid
2nd Aug 2002, 20:01
Originally posted by Twitch
None of the dead ones get up!

(Austin Powers) "Yeah, baby! Gunplay and mayhem rule!" I sneak around until I've got enough ammo for rifles and machine guns, then set up killing zones to take out all the guys who come running to the sound of the guns. Sooooo many ways to play!

Twitch
3rd Aug 2002, 18:58
This game is accurate enough to be pretty true to life. As a recon Marine we never moved anywhere unless there were cross cover fire arcs established towards every possible threat area. I can do so much of the same stuff here.

Rapid if you weren't supposed to use guns they wouldn't have put them in and they could have called it "Punch Fest" Fins and Tiny's knives are excellent when a bit of quiet is needed though.

The first couple times I ran Burma i was conking guys heads and found that twhen the evil tyrant arrives his guys run around and untie everyone. If you haven't disarmed them they're a threat. Even if I knock 'em out I then stab 'em!

1shot1kill
4th Aug 2002, 03:57
Originally posted by Twitch
Rapid if you weren't supposed to use guns they wouldn't have put them in and they could have called it "Punch Fest" Fins and Tiny's knives are excellent when a bit of quiet is needed though.

The guns are there because the enemy got them (and for the invasions when nothing else will work), if you were supposed to use guns alot they would not have put the knock out system in and give you a high rating when you use it.

DudeItsMe
5th Aug 2002, 18:08
Sorry guys, no intention of dissing your strategy. I too like to go a bit wild every once and a while, but I have most fun with the punch fest. Why? Its such a challenge. Gunning everyone down just feels to easy.

And tying the guys up on Burma WAS a problem, but I saved before the giant invasion and tried to find the BEST building to kill the enemies from. I finished it this way: Put everyone but Duke and the Ghurkas in a building near the boat. Trigger the invasion. When everyone is in place, load everyone but Duke in the boat. Take one perfect snipe shot and RUN.

By the way guys, people don't get revived if you toss them in the drink.

Twitch
6th Aug 2002, 15:31
The punching is fine when you're running the game through the first couple of times for "points" but after that who cares and ya just wanna have fun.

I use the other 3 level building across from the one you're talking about since it have just one entrance instead of 2 like the other- less cover to maintain. You can also look outside through that window on ground level and no once can see you. I have Tread outside lobbing Molotovs at the bridge crossers and he wipes out the majority. I put a Gurka in the connected building covering floor level near the stairs and he piles them up. Then I send Duke up to pick off the remainder.

1shot1kill
6th Aug 2002, 16:56
Originally posted by DudeItsMe
By the way guys, people don't get revived if you toss them in the drink.

What do you mean?

Anyways, i killed the tyrant by placing the wiretrap on the bridge, then i left 1 ghurka at the radio and the rest hidden in a building i put everybody except the sniper prone next to the boat and let the sniper climb the pole and arm his sniper rifle at the top, then i let the ghurka use the radio and as soon as a soldier tripped oer the wire the tyrant would leave his car and i would snipe him, then quickly got all the commandos and the religious leader into the boat and the mission finished.

Rapid
9th Aug 2002, 14:56
I think he means if you throw a tied-up enemy into the water, he cannot later be untied by his friends. I presume he drowns. Hell of a way to die, ugh!