PDA

View Full Version : American McGee's Oz

TRoosevelt_26
31st Jul 2002, 12:36
Download interview here (three .MP3s): (http://www.xgr.com/article.php?article=2440)

TRoosevelt_26
31st Jul 2002, 18:37
Uh-oh...looks like the b@$t@rd$ are considering making Oz a console-only game. :mad:

PS - We should also "not expect to see Dorothy or her little dog," according to American. This is apparently going to be the prehistory of the land of Oz.

ChangelingJane
31st Jul 2002, 20:49
Hopefully, this time around, American will remember to put a game in there somewhere :D

Huntress
31st Jul 2002, 22:25
As far as I'm concerned...I think he did put a story into Alice...and her quest to make things right in Wonderland...and the guilt she felt about her families misfortune..even if it was only a dream...but then that's Alice...a dream world...and I think he made it come to life very well for what it was :) Hah, I finally talked my Daughter into playing the demo as she saw a bit of it while here recently...in fact she called me today to give her some instruction on it as she's not much of a game player yet...still working on it :D I've been at this for a few years now...trying to get her out of just card...slot machine, etc. gaming, LOL

I didn't know McGee was going to do the Land of Oz...? If only a console game...what a shame I won't be able to play it too :( Ta and Good Hunting!

Gumdrop
1st Aug 2002, 11:39
Originally posted by ChangelingJane
Hopefully, this time around, American will remember to put a game in there somewhere :D

I can see your point, as the game was a bit simplistic, but I actually enjoyed it becouse of that. It makes a refreshing change to play a game that doesn't require half the keyboard and two months just to learn all the options. It's worth playing just to roam around the great looking levels, and Alice's idle animations for each of the weapons are very cool. :)