PDA

View Full Version : the thing with turel is ......

Tidus of Zanarkand
31st Jul 2002, 06:33
WHen i browse through alot of the forums, i notice that alot of people feel that Turel will play some kind of big story changing role in the next Legacy of Kain game.

I was under the impression, from what i read about soul reaver 1, that Turel and his clan were never included in the game becasue of time constraints. the game was constantly being pushed back on it release date. As such TUrel neve appeared in SR1

In Soul Reaver 2 we are asssured that after Raziel's transformation, Turel didn't just dissappear. It would appear that in the first game that Raziel just forgot the other one of his brothers who threw him into the abyss. But at the end of SR2 where raziel confronts Sarafan Turel he explains that he managed to elude his wraith before.

Now maybe it is just me, but it seems that the whole legacy of Kain story has already been written. If Turel was to hold som pivotal spot within the story, then the fact that he did not cop it like the rest of his brothers would not have been glossed over so much in SR1. And if he did hold a pivotal point within the story, some sort of explanation would have been made as to his whereabouts during Raziel's quest to avenge himself.

For these reasons i highly doubt that Turel will be involved heavily, like Kain and Raziel, in any of the other games.

darien_specter
31st Jul 2002, 07:04
The original text of the SR2 script:

"The vampire Turel had evaded my vengeance... but not that of the budget cuts..."

watch out - the specter's razor pen is about tonight... well, razor keys anyway...

oh - and thank God for Billy Joel...

Azrael
31st Jul 2002, 07:10
No, you're wrong, the only one that wasn't include in the game was Turel himself, you can actually see/fight the Turelim...

Raziel V.O.:

And here at last was my brother Turel, who along with Dumah would bear me into the Abyss without questioning Kain's command.
So dutiful and righteous, even as a vampire... I guess some habits die hard.
The vampire Turel had eluded my vengeance; the Sarafan Turel would not.

I think he means that he didn't encounter the Vamp Turel....

Edit: hahah, you were to quickly darien... :p

blincoln
31st Jul 2002, 07:54
Tidus: Here's an excerpt from a Q&A session with Amy Hennig, the director of the SR games:

"I know people are anxious to (finally) meet Turel, and hope he's in SR3.
Let's put it this way... we absolutely have not forgotten about Turel; he's a critical piece of the puzzle."

This is why some of us suspect he will be in the third SR game.

Azazel005
31st Jul 2002, 11:47
Unless the devlopment cycle gets rushed, and he gets cut again and the plot gets changed to fit in with the fast approaching release date.

Iron Head
31st Jul 2002, 16:10
Since Amy says that SR & BO would be trilogies, I don't think they can leave out Turel this time...

warpsavant
31st Jul 2002, 18:38
Im not sure Amy said anything about BO. She doesnt even work on that series anymore to our knowledge.

Its pretty obvious that Sr3 is the Trilogy, but I have yet to see anything about BO being a trilogy as well.

adean79
31st Jul 2002, 21:35
I think Vamp Turel will be a crictical piece to the puzzle just like Amy said. I guess we should all stop suggesting about Turel and let Amy and the gang worry about Turel.

Vampmaster
31st Jul 2002, 21:39
There can always be a third trillogy. Then we'd have a trillogy of trilogies! :D (I know, I'm not funny am I?)

blincoln
31st Jul 2002, 23:28
I thought we had established that Turel's destiny was to mate with Elzevir to spawn the main character for the third trilogy? In addition to forging the Blood Reaver, of course.

Non-existent
31st Jul 2002, 23:53
blinc: Hmmm, interesting, interesting, I seemed to have missed the debate that came up with that conclusion. I ask myself though, would pure Evil like Elzevir truly let somebody else, even his own spawn, carry on the 'good' fight when all his lackies are bungling it so much?

warpsavant
1st Aug 2002, 03:37
We're not so sure about that, but the box cover with Turelzevir sure does look cool. I'll see if I can find it.

willow
1st Aug 2002, 11:38
You know... whenever I read or hear the name Turel... I always think back to High School to the Turel I actually knew... he was a huge G-Funk (i.e. a gangsta)... and would have little interest in the Legacy of Kain... it always makes me giggle.

blincoln
1st Aug 2002, 15:23
Willow, you were up too late. Do I need to mail you some melatonin?

corpdog
1st Aug 2002, 18:37
Turrel might just end up being a boss. Maybe a last boss or something.