PDA

View Full Version : Ion Storm Forums Are Back...

Stile451
30th Jul 2002, 23:57
...finally, and with a message fro Lulu Lamer

Thief 3 is in media blackout mode now. During that time, we can't talk about the game at all, including about when we'll be OUT of stealth mode! However, the game is in development, and the team is excited to start talking as soon as we can. Look for more info later in the year.

In the meantime, please go check out our awesome fan community forums at Through the Looking Glass, the Thief Underground, and at Eidos's site

We look forward to talking about the game soon.

Lulu LaMer
Producer - Thief III
Ion Storm Austin

http://www.ionstorm.com/forum/

BrokenArts
31st Jul 2002, 00:28
Thanks for the info Salvage! I registered. :)

Komag
31st Jul 2002, 06:16
We get to have avatars over there! I made a little "Keep" title graphic, man it's tiny! Anyway, I think this is a little milestone, these Ion Storm forums :)

Tin Star
31st Jul 2002, 07:46
I registered over there too,maybe between this forum and that one we will get more info on how things are going with thief 3.

Tin Star

Zaccheus
31st Jul 2002, 08:23
Great news!

Lake
31st Jul 2002, 13:02
Another Thief forum to read.

Thorin Oakenshield
31st Jul 2002, 18:32
The avatar is a nice touch!
I'm sure the same policy could have been adopted here if they wanted to.

ChristineS
2nd Aug 2002, 19:47
They had close the thief 3 forum :mad:

RUtaffenMe
4th Aug 2002, 10:00
Yes the Thief III forum is closed for now. Randy Smith did leave a letter of explanation HERE (http://www.ionstorm.com/forum/thief/)

The letter went as follows...

Hello Thief fans!

We know you have a lot of questions. We know you’re excited to talk about Thief 3. The good news is: we’re really excited to talk about Thief 3, too. We can’t wait to answer your questions. The bad news is: we can’t talk about Thief 3 yet. We’re in a “media blackout” mode for the time being. Eventually, and we can’t say exactly when, we’ll be able to talk more. We’re looking forward to that day as much as you are.

Until that day comes, we aren’t going to have a Thief 3 forum on www.ionstorm.com, nor much on the site about Thief 3 at all. We encourage you to visit our awesome fan community forums at Through the Looking Glass, the Thief Underground, and at Eidos's site. And keep up with www.ionstorm.com for Thief 3 news as it breaks.

Thanks for your interest, and hang in there!

Check out the Deus Ex 2 forum!!

- Randy Smith, project director, Thief 3

Zaccheus
5th Aug 2002, 08:21
I never read the second paragraph, because most of that message was there when the Thief3 forum opened!
It was posted under 'announcements' to cick the whole thing off.
Oh well.

At least we know now that they bothered to give us an explanation.
:)

And ...

It is great that they acknowlege the fan sites!