View Full Version : "Important: The Match Planning Thread" : bad idea

Startopiafrance
30th Jul 2002, 22:06
yes, how many matchs can be play?

the good idea is to create a "Startopia Internet Match Forum"

Isn't it?

NZrevenge
31st Jul 2002, 05:12
Is the poll's question based on the title of your post or the subject of your post?

Basically I want to say that the thread is good and a separate forum would be bad. Though what might be good is have on thread where people simply post stats (1 post each, when you have more to add you just edit your post), and then have the current thread for discussing and planning matches. So in essence you have a "classifieds" type of thread and then the current one as it is. We don't need a whole separate forum for two threads, especially since there aren't exactly any StarTopia clans around that would need to plan games separately (we could create a tourney ladder...).

Example of how classified ad thingey would work:
IM:
[NAZI]NZrevenge
Availability (GMT):
6am - 1pm (Mon - Fri)
6am - 3pm (Sat - Sun)
Preferences:
3 Players (1 Human ally/1 AI enemy)
3 Hour time limit
200,000 Starting E
Easy Resident difficulty

Startopiafrance
31st Jul 2002, 11:36
My question is if a forum for matches is not better than a thread. How many mtaches can be organized?

kool_kats_rule
31st Jul 2002, 12:18
I don't play this online because I hate gamespy.

NZrevenge
31st Jul 2002, 13:25
Originally posted by Startopiafrance
My question is if a forum for matches is not better than a thread. How many mtaches can be organized? I'm sorry to be struggling with this, I need sleep (I had planned to be in bed 2 hours ago).

The poll question is "Is it a good idea?" and your explanation is "is a forum for matches is not better than a thread?" So does that mean I can pretend the poll question is "Is it be a good idea to have a forum for matches instead of a thread?"

Startopiafrance
31st Jul 2002, 14:14
yes, it's the question

NZrevenge
31st Jul 2002, 14:17
Well in that case I have officially cast my vote, and I'm going to bed now. May I remind you that I was supposedly going to bed 3hrs 15mins ago? Dammit I'm hopeless with these things...

AlphaOmega
31st Jul 2002, 19:21
Theres not enough interest to create a whole forum on it (unless it gets popular, then I'll do it).

For now I'll settle with one neatly trimmed :) thread.

Azuriel
1st Aug 2002, 21:52
[NAZI]NZrevenge

you`re kidding right?

SkrasherSmasher
4th Aug 2002, 01:06
I think NZ deserves a ban for that flagrent abuse of the TOU. To heck with you. TO HECK!;)

Ghyron
4th Aug 2002, 01:47
There is nothing wrong or offensive about the word [NAZI].

Azuriel
4th Aug 2002, 06:38
Originally posted by Ghyron
There is nothing wrong or offensive about the word [NAZI].

*points to History of humanity, 20th century.*

read.

NZrevenge
4th Aug 2002, 06:46
If anyone wishes to discuss whether or not the word NAZI is offensive, or whether or not I am a sicko or whatever else you guys have come up with, then please PM me.

Honestly I am quite sick of this.