PDA

View Full Version : News!!! The next 5 Tomb Raiders!!!

Neo
29th Jul 2002, 11:38
Oh yeah guys! It seams that Tomb Raider 10 is gonna be the last Tomb Raider! In fact Adrian Smith affirms that the famous “book” about Lara’s return that Core Desing is writing is gonna be divided in 5 games. The news come from an Italian videogames magazine:

http://www.tombraiders.it/public/next-gen-1.jpg

Here's my translation:
(Sorry but my English isn't perfect! ;) )

IT’S TIME FOR LARA!
Core reveals new details about next five Tomb Raiders.
Attention please! Here arrive new details about the new world of Tomb Raider! The Core Desing operations director, Adrian Smith, confirmed us that his company spent last two years writing a “book” of Tomb Raider – an immense world of brand new adventures that is going to be divided in five episodes. “Each adventure will be distinct from the others, but only if you will finish all adventures you’ll be able to understand better the full story!”
In the first game, Lara Croft Tomb Raider : The Angel Of Darkness, Lara is accused of murder and she has got to leave her pursuers standing and meet some sinister characters who live in the capital’s shadows, to try to understand who framed her and why.
The adventure settles down through two of the most important European towns, Paris and Prague – both of them reproduced with extreme precision by Core’s artists – where Lara will improvise the quest of five mysterious paintings – The Obscura Paintings – and an ancient biblical tribe. “We wanted to create something completely different, really more profound and involving” says Smith. “So we didn’t create new temples and ruins, but we put Lara in a strange and absolutely anomalous situation, both for her and for gamers”.
The news are: a new male protagonist – Kurtis Trent – who will be playable during the game; the not-linear structure of the levels; the interaction with other characters and at least the possibility of develop personally Lara’s abilities.
Adrian Smith also confirmed that the next episodes aren’t going to be distributed on-line. “ We’re planning to use on-line support just for enrich our games with films, characters’ stories and secret web links. But we don’t want to force gamers to get the game on the web”. Anyway Adrian didn’t exclude the possibility of download any games’ bonus levels from Internet in the future.

Hope you like it.
Bye

LarzBritsh
29th Jul 2002, 14:57
Good info.
Thanks.

IndyDallasJones
29th Jul 2002, 17:21
Yes, is very good! Enjoyed that!

Thanks!
:D

Aquarius
30th Jul 2002, 16:30
It's a very good read! :)

But, unless I missed something, where did it say that TR10 would be the very last one? :confused:

Casey
30th Jul 2002, 17:33
As a fan, I am not tired of playing Lara. I really enjoy her alot. I do hope the makers of TR don't stop producing the games. It would be real sad if they did.

Neo
30th Jul 2002, 17:37
Nobody told that tr 10 will be the last but do u think that Core will go on with TR after 10° game? I think that people will get tired! But it's too early to say it.
Bye

Aquarius
30th Jul 2002, 18:03
I started thinking about this after my other post. There are 5 Obscura Paintings, and at least 5 more TR games. So do you think each of the next five games will have to do with getting one of the Obscura Paintings???

Acidman796
30th Jul 2002, 18:03
is it just me or do the first image released of next generation lara (featured in the picture on that magazine) look really crap. i remember when i first saw them in the hidden extras at the end of chronicles, i thought she looked stupid. she looked like a whole different person! not just an enhanced lara but a completely new lara. i even wrote to core about it (sad but true) and told them they had changed lara way too much. thankfully, after a couple of months of nothing, screenshots finally emerged showing lara looking a whole lot better. we could tell it was still lara, plus her clothes and hair looked much sexier aswell. i like to think it was down to me. i should really have started a new thread about this but i thought i'd make stick it on te end of this one (as a picture had already been provided).

OuTR
31st Jul 2002, 16:55
Download bonus levels? Can you imagine how long that
would take even with T1 etc. connections! :eek:

They should stick to mailing out CD's to buyers of the AOD game.

Godfather
3rd Aug 2002, 19:48
Originally posted by Aquarius
It's a very good read! :)

But, unless I missed something, where did it say that TR10 would be the very last one? :confused:

That's exactly what I thought!! A success formula like that will never quit until the very moment it hasn't got any success anymore. With all due respect for America, but some of the most successful formulas keep on getting sequels until they fade away. Final Fantasy - the game, Friday the 13th, James Bond (I guess it's not just the Americans then; sorry 'bout that!) and Halloween: all successfull formulas that got lots of sequels.

So, yes! I think if the 10th one still has got success, they'll start up a new series. But I like the idea of five games that make on big one. I guess it's the influence of the Star Wars-trilogies and the "The Lord of the Rings"-trilogy that set up this idea with the makers of STILL thé greatest game ever made: Tomb Raider!

Slave 4 Her
3rd Aug 2002, 23:42
I HAVE A THEORY.....i think that what they mean by final TR game is that it will be the final TOMB RAIDE TITLED GAME.As in her life and whole game genre that has always been in the TR games will end meaning maybe games based on Lara Croft only rather than any TR games with the TR title in them and maybe she will be TOTALLY CLEAN from tombs and such.
They wouldnt get rid of such an amazing character with so mnay fans and stuff like that, im sure Lara wont be gone just her actual game Tomb Raider :)

Godfather
4th Aug 2002, 00:05
You could be right. The game still got the name Tomb Raider, but there aren't too many tombs anymore to raid; now are there? They should/could change it into [lemme think for a while] ... http://216.40.241.68/cwm/3dlil/idea.gif ... swashbuckler or dark Fighter! ... something like that!

Neo
5th Aug 2002, 07:13
In AOD there will be tombs to raid, Lara will go in the catacombs under Paris!

shanedj
5th Aug 2002, 07:47
Brilliant 5 more years of tomb raider. Hell tomb raider 10 will look mint on the playstation 3!!!

The Sage Of Time
5th Aug 2002, 08:21
Originally posted by Neo
Nobody told that tr 10 will be the last but do u think that Core will go on with TR after 10° game? I think that people will get tired! But it's too early to say it.
Bye
Hahaha.. please tell me you're joking.. Ever hear of the Megaman series? It has to have over 20 games in it..
In fact I know it does, people still like and play it, and well.. Let's face it, TR is 100x better than that.
The series will continue as long as it sells, and as long as we're happy..

SMG
5th Aug 2002, 20:37
I don't hear people bad-mouthing the Megaman series, but that's probably because Tomb Raider sells more. In articles I read saying the videogame business is a business that's only interested in making money, Lara Croft is usually the guest of honor, along with Daikatana.
We can't be too sure there are only going to be 5 more. After all, they said Chronicles was the last game with the Tomb Raider name, and TR: AOD is the next game. I hope they do a better job this time around to adapt to the market. In the last 5 games in the series, the engine and game-play was refined, but Chronicles gameplay was basically the same as TR1, and AI wasn't much better either. I enjoyed the series, but I can only agree with alot of complaints the series gets.

Treeble
5th Aug 2002, 20:56
Originally posted by The Sage Of Time

Hahaha.. please tell me you're joking.. Ever hear of the Megaman series? It has to have over 20 games in it..
In fact I know it does, people still like and play it, and well.. Let's face it, TR is 100x better than that.
The series will continue as long as it sells, and as long as we're happy..

I love Megaman just as TR, though I didn't play any of the 3D versions...
Ever heard of Bass & Treble? ;)

Also, Street Fighter is another of this 'unfinishable' games... and there are the crossovers with SNK, Marvel, etc etc etc...

MountainDewNut
6th Aug 2002, 02:25
Thanx for the info!

Neo
6th Aug 2002, 09:49
I think that a game is good when it's got also a conclusion.

RaiderGirl
6th Aug 2002, 20:51
Really good! Hope you get more info like that!!!:D
Ill read it all!!!;)

Beatrice
8th Aug 2002, 09:50
Pc Gamer also mentioned about this in its article:

"For Core, reinventing the Tomb Raider franchise for the next generation required taking a big-picture approach. So a scriptwriter was hired, one who has literally written the book on Tomb Raider. This ongoing, expansive, epic tale will likely take five or possibly more games to tell over the next few years."