PDA

View Full Version : Heart of Darkness?

Anubis_Orr
29th Jul 2002, 08:34
Please forgive me if something of this nature has been posted before, but I don't recall ever seeing it.
I was playing through Soul Reaver 2 again and I noticed this guy;

http://anubisorr.members.easyspace.com/hod2.jpg

It looks to me like he has ripped out his own heart, any ideas why he would do that??
Well I'm asking I'll put forth some of my own; Perhaps the magic needed to banish the Hylden requires the blood/lives of some of the ancient, the Reaver is bathed in this blood to make it become the Blood Reaver, he's suicidal j/k :rolleyes:

Comments or opinions are most definitely welcome :)

Azuriel
29th Jul 2002, 12:42
you played SR2 and didn`t see the HoD? hmm.. i suggest you look closely at the scene where Raziel just exits the Fire Forge. you can see Janos` heart being ripped out, then held up by the sarafan Raz

Anubis_Orr
29th Jul 2002, 16:22
*sigh* Of course I saw the Heart of Darkness and the scene with Janos, I am talking about the guy in the mural (located in Dark Forge)

So unless every blue vampire in every mural is Janos then this guy is not him.

It just seems likely to me that if Janos' heart can restore vampiric unlife then the heart of any other of his race can do the same, and that may also explain the number of HoD in BO

warpsavant
29th Jul 2002, 18:30
Yeah we noticed that bloody blue guy in the D.F. mural. I think its Raziel. The Reaver doesn't come to be until after the curse, I assume, so in the Murals I think the Weilder of the Reaver is from the future.

There were several beating hearts in the Air Forge as well.

Anubis_Orr
29th Jul 2002, 18:57
I don't think it's Raziel, unless Raziel becomes restored in SR3

warpsavant
29th Jul 2002, 19:53
Just because the Mural shows him"restored" does not mean that is how it was.

A great example is the Sarafan memorial. The demon behind Dumah is Raziel, but it dont really look like him now does it?

But we all know it's him, cause the creators told us.

Anubis_Orr
29th Jul 2002, 20:02
True enough, but you can't just assume that every blue thing in a mural is Raziel either :)

Anyway... it still looks to me like the being has ripped out his own heart, any theories?

warpsavant
29th Jul 2002, 20:11
When this came up back in the day, I think we came to the conclusion that the Reaver weilder appears to have taken the heart from the blue guy he is standing over. (the guy with the open chest cavity)

You really need to cheat and get the Light Reaver in there and shine it on the mural, your screen is kind of dark. But Im pretty sure there is another blue guy under that guy.

I agree with you about the ancients hearts, the hearts in the air forge and what not, it certainly appears that the ancients hearts contain great power. I dont know if you can use this to explain why there are so many in BO. The hearts in the air forge sort of restored those dead guys on the altars.

Vampmaster
29th Jul 2002, 20:23
I think they just represent the number of times he can use it. Or maybe there's a spell or something to make it work.

Anubis_Orr
29th Jul 2002, 22:18
I don't see any Reaver wielder standing by that guy, there is another Ancient vampire but he's facing the other way, don't know how to cheat....

Actually the hearts in BO came from the Spirit forges, they're just copies, but I would think that in order to make a copy the Spirit Forge would still have to have one of the original hearts.

warpsavant
29th Jul 2002, 23:25
I just checked it out, and the guy with his hand on his chest has a Reaver in his other hand. Thus, he is the "Reaver Weilder", and he is standing over a dead blue guy, who's heart appears to have been torn out.

You can't see anything in that scren shot, its too dark. But in the Sr2 extras section is the Mural.

Anubis_Orr
29th Jul 2002, 23:34
Ah, I don't have the SR2 extras, only have the PC version, wish there was someplace you could download it from, or that Eidos would provide it to the PC version, since we did pay the same amount.

Went and checked again but I still can't see the Reaver, just too dark/blurry :(
Thx for the info though

warpsavant
30th Jul 2002, 00:00
The mural in the extras is the same as in the D.F.

It shouldnt be that dark, maybe adjust your monitors brightness.

You could always grab one of them torches inside the dark forge and bring it to the Mural. =)

blincoln
30th Jul 2002, 00:26
Actually, the PC version of SR2 started out as $5-$10 cheaper than the PS2 version, now it's $15-$20 cheaper.

Anubis_Orr
30th Jul 2002, 01:09
Yeah, but it's a lot cheaper to make a game on a CD than a DVD

darien_specter
30th Jul 2002, 04:52
As I've said so often before, I would have gladly paid more for an SR2 DVD - and still would, for that matter...

Anubis_Orr
30th Jul 2002, 05:38
Definitely.... It's really too bad that the Soul Reaver 2 DVD doesn't work on the comp..... I tried like 5 different ways to get it to work and it wouldn't :(

Curse you Eidos! :mad:

I'm sorry I'm sorry, I didn't mean it!! LOL

Does anybody know if somebody has ripped the material and posted it somewhere? Don't know if it's legal or not, but I paid for the game :)

blincoln
30th Jul 2002, 08:11
The PS2 DVD won't work on the PC until someone writes a working PS2 emulator. I predict a useable one in about two years.
There *is* a SR1+2 Collector's Edition DVD for the PC, but it's only available in Germany. I'm attempting to get my hands on one and will post details here if successful.

Baby_drew
30th Jul 2002, 13:06
do ya reckon that the DVD will have anything new?
Will it work on a british PC?

blincoln
30th Jul 2002, 15:22
It should work on a British PC. I doubt it has anything that the PS2 version doesn't, but it would seem to include at least some of the concept art that the PC version doesn't.
Of course, the entire thing is in German.

Baby_drew
30th Jul 2002, 16:19
well in the british playstation games they had language options so maybe these would 2?