PDA

View Full Version : Virus Ut ????

Hawklette
28th Jul 2002, 22:38
I just started UT last night and am not doing well. However I logged on today and after a few futile trys to play I was hit by a Trojan virus. Anyone else having a similar experience.
Also not doing well with all the changes on UT. I am tired of rebuying everything and DYING!!! Longing for the old Thief big time!!:(

theBlackman
28th Jul 2002, 22:42
In the LOADOUT hold the V and buy loadouts for Empty hand
Thief 1
Thief 2
Thief 3
Thief 4

Then when you die just use the V and select which of the loadouts you want to buy.

Equip each with a different set and then SAVE the load out. Then just buy the one you favor for the particular mission. :D:D

Quick and easy.

Apache
28th Jul 2002, 22:57
i got that msg last night also..sorta..said if found a virus file while loading and kicked me out.

LeatherMan
28th Jul 2002, 23:59
Originally posted by Apache
i got that msg last night also..sorta..said if found a virus file while loading and kicked me out. Was that on my server? If it was, I will do some investigating and fix it. I've never heard of a virus being transferred this way, so maybe it's something else. I did see where a Cheat program had caused that message to appear, so it may be that the server administrator has installed/configured some cheats.

Hawklette, take a few minutes in a solo game, with default cash, and set up your loadouts. Choose some items and weapons which you feel would do well on certain maps (don't forget lockpicks ;)) and right-click Thief 1 to save that setup.

Next, select "empty-handed" to clear that setup and choose a different setup to save (right-click) to Thief 2. Repeat until all 4 are setup. Do the same for Guards. When you are killed/ko'd, you press V and left-click any 1 of the 4 loadouts to choose it. You can also press 1-4 on the numpad to select a loadout without pressing V.;)

Apache
29th Jul 2002, 02:56
Thats probally what it was..I had some cheats enabled on my end for UT and the server probally didn't like that.

Hawklette
29th Jul 2002, 09:32
Thanks all for the help I will give it another try. :D

Huntress
29th Jul 2002, 18:39
:eek: no, no, no! Shame on you :D Not on LM's servers you don't, LOL In fact, if join in for some UT bashing and fragging...you'd get his two files added in when you hookup that insure no cheats, etc. Pure and CSHU (I think, something like that). See my post on tBm's thread about thanking LM for putting up a server. Some info about a new map pak for UT I'm dl'g and sent him an email about it today :)

Hawklett...make sure you have UT ver 436 and Thievery 1.1 patch installed. When you try to get on-line with us...and are not able to join...means mainly too many players currently. I think the limit for players via the game is 8 at one time. If you put LM's server temporarily into your Fav's tab (since it's non-dedicated and IP changes each time he's on-line) it will show you very easily how many players are on..i.e... 8/8, 6/8 etc. Then when it's less than eight you can join either as a player or as a spectator (Rat) :) You put it into Fav's by highlighting his server and right click on mouse to get menue...then use the one that says to put in Favorites. You cannot join server from there however, you must either go to one of the other tabs to join. Hope this helps to make it a little easier as well for ya :) Ta and Good Hunting!

MsLedd
30th Jul 2002, 08:27
Just a FYI, for those of you who may not be aware... TTLG is the home of the Thievery UT Discussion Forums (http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=93) where the oh-so-talented (and terribly cute) group of guys: Dalai, oRGy, Thwark et al... who created Thievery hang out and can be found to answer your questions (and blush adorably when you praise them too :))

I think this is something they would want to know about (if they don't already) and it'd be a good place to find assistance. :D