PDA

View Full Version : Banner(of a sorts) Transmigration Challenge

clayman
28th Jul 2002, 21:24
"Curse of the Ancients". The church library. Go up the stairs like a good ol' boy. See the fallen bookcase and the openable door on the other side. The challenge is : Get through the doorway from the second floor. :D

I remember this one well(I thought)....my problem is, I can't get a rope arrow to a-fix to the bell foundation from the main floor,and go up the normal way. Question is : How do you get upstairs ?

All Haunt-ish folk are dead.....how do I get to the Church library upstairs ? :D

RiCh
28th Jul 2002, 22:45
erm I'm not sure if this is the answer you need but I'll go for it anyway :D I’d just shoot a rope arrow on the wooden railing in the main church and another on the wooden ridge running around the roof and climb up to the 2nd level….but that’s just me :D Are you saying there’s a way over the book case? If so I'll have a blast ;)

Nightwalker
29th Jul 2002, 00:31
As far as I know, there is no way through that door. Rope arrows stick into a thin strip of wood that runs around the ceiling above the balcony rail. That works. :)

clayman
30th Jul 2002, 00:05
You mean no one's even going to try??? If you Transmigrators can get through umpteen layers of banner, surely squeezing through a slightly-too-small opening between the bookcase and the door would be no big deal. I'm disappointed.....:rolleyes: ;)

Actually, I'm serious. I don't know or understand the BM technique, and it seems that that opening was intentionally made just a tad too tight for a normal Thief, maybe even to initiate a thinking-man's attack.....a throw down of the gauntlet to us all. I think a determined patient assault just might yield success. And then, other slightly too small openings in other places become possibilities. Imagine the notoriety ! Really, its been a long time since any Thief created a totally new technique or manuever. Can no one even get off their arse long enough to even try ??? :)

RiCh
30th Jul 2002, 07:44
If I knew what the Taff a 'Transmigrators' was maybe I'd give it a go :D

clayman
31st Jul 2002, 01:04
I'd say "Banner Transmigration" in the old search engine, or a search of reference/archive threads might yield something. Surely this technique survived from the old forum ? :o :)

Peter Smith's lack of reply to this manuever, his crowning achievement, is disconcerting. :)

clayman
2nd Aug 2002, 23:25
Nobody even trys. Great.

An opening that makes a Master Thief just slobber with anticipation...and you people just.....avoid. Feh. :(

This is the ultimate challenge to a Thief who thinks he or she is the real deal. I have tried and failed. Someone else better(or more patient) than I will succeed, I just know it.

To summarize the challenge for the MTV-coddled crowd : "Curse of the Ancients", Thief Gold FM, the church. Find a way through that bookcase-blocked opening from the 2nd floor, and you win the prize. :D

You people are either not reading for content, or are just wussies. ;)

RiCh
2nd Aug 2002, 23:41
wuss ever time! I did try and failed :( and have played about 60 Fms since in my attempt to play em all b4 the new year! I'll be back for another try one day :D