PDA

View Full Version : Soul Reaver Series

Midnight of Sevenshades
28th Jul 2002, 21:15
Are there any plans for a SR3?

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jul 2002, 21:25
It is in the preliminary phase at this point. I will go out on a limb and say it's being planned and written.

It was supposed to be announced at the E3 convention in May, but was not.

Personally I don't expect to hear anything about it until the fourth quarter (Xmas season) this year. Others are expecting an official announcement next year with the game to be finished by mid-late 2004.

Midnight of Sevenshades
28th Jul 2002, 21:32
*Celebrates*

Thank ye so much! I had long awaited such news!

The end of SR2 just left a big hole for me...and unfortunately B.O2 so far just does not cut the mustard.

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jul 2002, 21:43
Originally posted by Midnight of Sevenshades
*Celebrates*

Thank ye so much! I had long awaited such news!

The end of SR2 just left a big hole for me...and unfortunately B.O2 so far just does not cut the mustard.

Glad to have made your day. ;)

Although BO1 is my favorite of the series, I did like how climatic SR2 turned out. And then of course, the hella-cliffhanger. :p

BO2 was good, but I think a lot of people expected it to dabble into the SR storyline a bit more. I feel thats where a lot of disappointment came from. For what it was (Kain's story following him refusing the sacrifice) It filled in a lot of holes of his rise to the power we witness in the SR series. I was pleased with the plotline, the dialogue and the gameplay (even found humor in the game bugs...LOL).

And besides, it's Kain for crying out loud. (I love Kain btw). :p