PDA

View Full Version : OT: New LOTR trailer

GMan
28th Jul 2002, 17:18
Saw LOTR again with my kids last night and there was a NEW trailer for The Two Towers. They showed the old trailer that's been playing for several months (on the web and as a movie preview), then after LOTR a new trailer was shown. Had lots of shots of a woman who wasn't in the book, I think she's the one referred to in in the Led Zeppelin song "Ramble On". I think she must come into play in the third book, but has been integrated into TT to keep the timeline straightforward (I haven't yet read Return of the King. Was really a good trailer and gave a better view of Golum and most of the main characters (excepting Ents).

On the Aug 8th DVD release, will that be the director's cut, or just the theater version? If not, when is the director's cut set to release. I want the longer version and would hold off if it won't be released until later.

Also, anyone know how Gandolf gets his wizard stick back from Sauruman? Sauruman takes it when he fights Gandolf and makes him do the funky breakdance, but Gandolf escapes on the eagle without the stick. Then he later has is in the Mines of Moria. What gives?

RiCh
28th Jul 2002, 19:09
G man, I'm not sure what country your from? Anyway, this version is out now in the US (region 1):

The Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Widescreen) (2001)

Special Features
· 2 Discs
· Trailer
· Theatrical (PG-13) Version of the Film
· Exclusive 10-minute Behind-the-Scenes Preview of The Two Towers
· Three in-depth Documentaries that Reveal the Secrets Behind the Production of this Epic Adventure, including: -"Welcome to Middle-earth" (in-store special as shown by Houghton Mifflin), -"The Quest for the Ring" (as debuted on the FBC Network), -"A Passage to Middle-earth" (as premiered on the SCI-FI Channel)
· 15 Featurettes Originally Created for lordoftherings.net, Which Explore the Locales and Cultures of Middle-earth and Includes Interviews with Cast Members Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Viggo Mortensen, Liv Tyler, and Others
· Enya "May It Be" Music Video
· An Inside Look at the Special Extended DVD Edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
· Preview of Electronic Arts' Video Game, The Two Towers
· DVD-ROM Features: Exclusive Online Content

This version will be released in the UK (and probably Europe too) on 06/08/2002 (6th Aug)

This version will be released (Region 2) on 04/11/2002 (That’s the 4th November :D) :

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring - Director's Cut (4 Discs)
Special Features

· All features to be confirmed...
· Director Peter Jackson's extended cut with 30 minutes extra footage spread over discs 1 and 2
· Discs 3 and 4 will contain six hours of supplementary features!

This will be the better and longer of the two version, although there’s also an Collectors Edition coming out on the same date! This one will be the most expensive!

I hope any of this helps.

RiCh
28th Jul 2002, 19:14
Originally posted by GMan

Also, anyone know how Gandolf gets his wizard stick back from Sauruman? Sauruman takes it when he fights Gandolf and makes him do the funky breakdance, but Gandolf escapes on the eagle without the stick. Then he later has is in the Mines of Moria. What gives?

Magic! he's a wizard after all :D

GMan
29th Jul 2002, 00:04
Thanks for the info, Rich. Sounds like I need to wait until November for the extra 30 minutes of LOTR, which is what I'm after. I didn't realize all the extras that came in addition to the extra film minutes. Sounds like perfect timing for a last peek before TT hits theaters in Dec.

I'm in the US. I had that info on the old forum, seems
I need to update my profile here.

RiCh
29th Jul 2002, 07:03
Since you live in the US here’s the info (http://shop.newline.com/escalate/store/DetailPage?pls=newline&bc=newline&pc=DVDLOTR02&pls0affiliate_id=newline_affiliate&pls1source_id=CJP&AID=8784289&PID=1073973) you need on the directors cut of the movie. But you can also check out the collector’s edition down the bottom of the page. I've already had the Directors cut on pre-order for a while now :)

Muzman
29th Jul 2002, 09:27
Any idea who that female character is? What's she look like?

GMan
31st Jul 2002, 19:10
Thanks for the DVD link, Rich, I placed my advanced order last night. Now I just have to exercise patience until November!

Muz, no idea who the lady was. All the current-generation hollywood stars are starting to look the same to me. :D

ChangelingJane
31st Jul 2002, 20:52
Originally posted by GMan

If I was an extremely powerful wizard, with extremely powerful enemies, I'd keep a spare around somewhere! :D