PDA

View Full Version : The full story......

Tidus of Zanarkand
28th Jul 2002, 04:29
I am sorry if someone else has already reaised this point before but i really need to know one little detail.

Who are the Hylden.

I only finished Soul Reaver 2 & 1 and Blood omen. I am in the process of reading the script from Blod OMen 2, cause i heard the gameplay was crap.

I think the Hylden are the guys who raziel thinks he's related to. Youknow the race that Janos Audron is from.
that is just a guess though.

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jul 2002, 04:50
SPOILER BLOOD OMEN 2 INFORMATION REVEALED

The Hylden were an ancient race that presumably came to Nosgoth from another dimension. During this time, they and the Ancients (Janos' people) fought in a huge war in which the Hylden took a swift upper hand until the Ancients got down and dirty. The Ancients eventually defeated the Hylden and bansihed them to an unknown demon dimension. In order to ensure Nosgoth's safety, the genesis of the Pillars occurred, creating the binding force of keeping the Hylden out of Nosgoth. After the genesis of the Pillars, the key to the Pillars was forged. (The Soul Reaver). For banishing the Hylden, the Hylden cursed the Ancients with the lust for blood. Now instead of protecting humanity, they would be forced to prey upon them.

When Ariel was murdered, and the circle went mad, the power of the Pillars began to deminish. When Kain refused the Sacrifice, the Pillar's power to keep the Hylden out of Nosgoth, failed - thus allowing for their return in Blood Omen 2.

EDIT<sarcasm>Because I am persecuted for making a simple error in typing. I added the word I originally omitted on accident in order to please the court. You can note that word in bold type appearing near the top of the entry. The defense rests. :p ;)</sarcasm>

blincoln
28th Jul 2002, 06:56
Also, the gameplay in BO2 is not "crap." It's a great game.

KainSyndrome101
28th Jul 2002, 07:03
Right on blincoln. That game was awesome.

Slash, bash, slurp, slurp, swallow.

blincoln
28th Jul 2002, 08:52
The Darth Maul weapon and Iron Armour/Soul Reaver mode alone were worth the price of admission =).

Lozza Mate
29th Jul 2002, 05:23
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
The Hylden were an ancient race that came to Nosgoth from another dimension.

since when did the Hylden originate from another dimention? stop making up facts.

Anubis_Orr
29th Jul 2002, 06:01
Oh puh-leeze she misspoke herself, don't take her so literally.

AND in the context of BO2 the Hylden DID originate from another dimension, and do you KNOW for a fact that they didn't come from another dimension??

Umah Bloodomen
29th Jul 2002, 06:33
I had originally intended on saying "presumably came to Nosgoth..." (I will edit the omitted word accordingly so not to confuse my theories with that which is set in stone) :rolleyes::p

I didn't know you revered me as the Legacy of Kain encyclopedia Lozza, or else I would've payed more attention. :p

SPOILERISH - BO2 SCRIPT SNIPPET DISCLOSED

On a side note:

As I am looking through Ardeth's site, www.darkchronicle.co.uk and the script to Blood Omen 2, it is implied that the Hylden are infact a domestic race of Nosgoth. (An ancient one, but there was no specifics given as to where the Hylden originated from other than this little tidbit).

Originally spoken by Janos Audron

Ah. You must delve further back into history, Kain, to know the truth of our heritage. Long ago, and long before I first walked the earth, vampires were godlike, and our kind ruled the land. But we were opposed by another race, similar to ours in power, but different in method and intention. The wars between us flamed for a thousand years, but we prevailed at last, and we banished our enemies from the face of the earth by powerful magic, sealing them into another plain of existence.

The race that fought the vampires was the Hylden. The very Hylden that you have just encountered. They control the Sarafan, they are striving to wipe out the vampires, enslave the humans and reclaim all Nosgoth as their own. They are the evil that plague us once again. Authors of the demons, and the Device, and all else that threatens the land. They have returned to enact a terrible revenge.

Now Lozza, it is a bit sketchy with the details as to where exactly the Hylden originated from. They were obviously a presence in prehistoric Nosgoth. I believe that their dimensional origins are still up in the air at this point in the series. (Hopefully it will come to light again in future installments).

As for the context in BO2, the new Hylden menace originated from the demon dimension. But as I said, there is still a lot of speculation surrounding their origins in prehistoric Nosgoth.

**tips her hat to Anubis***Much obliged... ;)

Anubis_Orr
29th Jul 2002, 08:12
Kind of a funny quote.... looks like somebody in the writing department or audio department slipped up :) "banished our enemies from the face of the earth"

Lozza Mate
29th Jul 2002, 09:25
Originally posted by Anubis_Orr
Oh puh-leeze she misspoke herself, don't take her so literally.

AND in the context of BO2 the Hylden DID originate from another dimension, and do you KNOW for a fact that they didn't come from another dimension??

the whole point of this thread was to find out who the hylden were, and he wanted facts, not theories.

I don't think they came from another dimention, it's prefectly plausable that they did, but I think they evolved along side the vampires in Nosgoth untill finally the two races met, at which point they fought for control of nosgoth.

BTW: I don't revere you as an LOK encyclopedia

Anubis_Orr
29th Jul 2002, 09:35
That's a theory Lozza

There are few facts in the LoK series and only on the most basic level, some things seem to contradict eachother, everything the main characters say is their own opinion, nothing is set in stone; so EVERYTHING is a theory until it is proven or disproven in SR3 or BO3

Lozza Mate
29th Jul 2002, 09:41
Originally posted by Anubis_Orr
That's a theory Lozza

There are few facts in the LoK series and only on the most basic level, some things seem to contradict eachother, everything the main characters say is their own opinion, nothing is set in stone; so EVERYTHING is a theory until it is proven or disproven in SR3 or BO3

and that is why we should stick to the facts in this thread.

(I'm aware I posted a theory, I did so since the topic had been raised)

Anubis_Orr
29th Jul 2002, 09:53
What facts are there?

Lozza Mate
29th Jul 2002, 10:46
the same could be argued about our very own existance and the philosophical concept that we can never know anything

diablo_the_great
30th Jul 2002, 06:54
You humans know nothing of your life's. We Were here before you and will still be here after you.

Lozza Mate
30th Jul 2002, 11:02
Originally posted by diablo_the_great
You humans know nothing of your life's. We Were here before you and will still be here after you.

The delusional mind has no place in making logical theories

Tidus of Zanarkand
30th Jul 2002, 11:08
thanks for all the info. I hadn't gotten around to reading the blood omen 2 text. I dont know if i can play the game.

PLEASE DO NOT LAUGH AT ME WHEN I TELL YOU THIS

I am 17, almost 18, but i have this prblem where by certian things set me off. THis is no lie. WHen i go to sleep and say i have to use the bathroom fro a no 1 or no 2 or to be sick or something, i will have these nightmares. they arre more like irrational anxiety attacks. anyways they generate a real fear in my mind and i become i gointo like a state where i can't think or reason my way out of the fear. IT is very real and certain things set it off. For example. Horror movies and stuff i can watch normally and it don't scare me. Its when i go to bed and my mind start getting hyperactive that i get scared. Resident Evil set me off really bad becasue i had a stomach bug when i played it and i didn't know that i had to throw up. SO imagine that you were convinced that you were in reident evil for 2 or three hours. Soul Reaver 1 and 2 set me off a little. Blood Omen 1 gave me a huge "episode" so i strayed away from it until i was compelled to find out the story.

that is why i am apprehensive to play blood Omen. If i raed it then no probs. But then i miss out on the whole experience of the game.

diablo_the_great
1st Aug 2002, 02:53
what would you know your mind is full of greed & lust just like everyone else on the small hell hole known as earth.

Lozza Mate
1st Aug 2002, 08:49
delusional being the key word here

Power reaver
1st Aug 2002, 12:24
For Tidus :

I think its best you play BO2 in broad daylight rather then in the night time , get some company and play with them .

Although you must understand , its all in your head , just keep on remembering that you live in boring old earth and not new and exciting Nosgoth .

or watch comedy , cheessy cartoons etc whenever you start getting an "episode":rolleyes:

blincoln
1st Aug 2002, 15:22
Tidus, I used to have a similar problem when I was younger (it's gone away with time). I wouldn't worry about BO2, IMO it doesn't have anything in it that should give you trouble.