PDA

View Full Version : Life

Cyber_Punk_303
28th Jul 2002, 03:59
How do you live your life? What makes your life different from anybody else's? And why in sam hell are we all living the same freakin' life. Is it all our destinies to make money, have kids, and die? I don't think so. What is the meaning of your life?

Aquarius
28th Jul 2002, 04:30
Well my life is definitely different from everybody elses. By the time I was 12, I already a poem published nationwide (although now that I look back at it, the poem sucked!). So that's already an accomplishment for me. I just this year was accepted into an amazing Youth Orchestra that is becoming known worldwide. (2 years ago, it travelled to New York, and performed at Carnegie Hall. My friend told me that the hall was packed! Not an empty seat to be found!) Just this year we travelled to London, and in two years we're going to Paris. (The orchestra has travelled in the past to Belgium, Germany, France on a few occasions, and England on others.....)

My High School life is much different too. I'm Secretary of Key Club, Treasurer of SHINE, and co-Chairman of Homecoming. I try to stay as active as possible. My freshmen year I played tennis, and if it weren't for the coach, it would have been a successful year for me. This year, I was first chair cellist for "Oklahoma!" (there were only two other cellos though). Hopefully, this will finally be the year that one of my jealous friends doesn't decide to run against me, and I'll be elected as Class President. Came close, very close, this year..... Of about 320 students, I am ranked about 40th for GPA, and I might make it to the Top Ten this year. :)

I guess you could say that I'm an overachiever, but I'd prefer that than being an underachiever.......

thanhkim
28th Jul 2002, 07:43
Life, well mine has been an interesting one people say, I kind of think it's been dumb to be honest. I came from the Vietnam war when I was two years of age adopted to an Australian Dutch family which are lovely and have lived in Australia all my life. I work for Qantas Frequent Flyer Services as a customer support officer. My life is pretty peaceful. I don't really do much these days except when I'm not working. I've just sold some of my artwork which I am surprised! I have no idea what the meaning of life is. I've done a variety of things in my life, from staying in the best hotels in Melbourne, hot air balooning, athletics, dancing, playing TR, resting, reading and lots more.

DaveJ
28th Jul 2002, 08:57
Originally posted by Cyber_Punk_303
What is the meaning of your life?

Still waiting for someone to unplug you, eh?
http://216.40.241.68/contrib/sarge/happyNeo.gif
;)

My life is different to everyone elses because I can eat more cherry bakewells in one sitting than anyone else.

My ultimate goal is to learn how to project great bolts of electricity from my fingertips and get my own comic book series/movie franchise going as a result.

Cyber_Punk_303
28th Jul 2002, 19:57
Lol, interesting... Interesting...

Talking about getting your own movie/comic book franchise, i always thought that stars had the best job on the planet. They really LIVE.

Take Angelina Jolie for example, she's always learning about human phsycology, ethics, etc... while acting. She's always learning about herself at the same time. She meets people (Billy Bob), she see's what she's good at, bad at etc... And she get's to learn martial arts, diving, gymnastics, kayaking, bungee ballet, weapons training, yoga, etc... She also get's to learn about herself when she travels, going to Cambodia and re-assessing her life... I dunno, stars get to travel for work, and have enough money to travel wherever they want outside of work. Also, to be the most complete human being you can be, i think you must be in tune with your imagination... And look at Madonna. She seems to have this superhuman, supernatural grace... Her imagination is CRZY!!! Ever see her Drowned World concert special? Whoa!!!

I wish i were a star... Lol. Ok, not really. I wish i was a male version of Lara. Being a star would suck because of press, paparazzi, and no privacy... Lara has the money, the means, the assets, and the skills to find herself, her meaning in life, and everything in between, all alone. Which is kinda of like all of us... We're all trying to find our path... We all live alone!!! AAAH!!! Brain fart!!!

infinite_sadness
28th Jul 2002, 21:37
hunt vampires.....

Rose662
29th Jul 2002, 06:09
Life - what is the meaning of life? I have been asking myself that very question for years. That and "why am I here"?

I guess life is what you make of it. There has got to be more to life than the every day routine of going to work, eating, socializing, and sleeping. Then when the day comes for the end of your life, you think to yourself: "I have done nothing with my life! I should have done more, I should have done this or that."

How a person makes the meaning of their own life depends on the individual. Some people go out and do what they desire and achieve their goals. Some people do not bother because they have the thought "I have plenty of time". Sometimes things happen and there is not enough time. Some people do not go out to achieve their goals to find meaning to life because they either are not sure how to go about it or cannot go about it.

Each of us is alone in a big sea of other individuals each trying to find our own way. Some find their way. Some do not.

THE True Lara
29th Jul 2002, 18:08
Originally posted by DaveJ

Still waiting for someone to unplug you, eh?
http://216.40.241.68/contrib/sarge/happyNeo.gif
;)

My life is different to everyone elses because I can eat more cherry bakewells in one sitting than anyone else.

My ultimate goal is to learn how to project great bolts of electricity from my fingertips and get my own comic book series/movie franchise going as a result.

LMAO :D

You know I think we've finally found something in common ;)

Cyber_Punk_303
29th Jul 2002, 18:17
Does anyone look up to Lara because of the way she lives her life? Anyone wish they could live like lara?

DaveJ
29th Jul 2002, 18:29
Originally posted by THE True Lara

You know I think we've finally found something in common ;)

Which bit? The bakewells or the electricity?

If its the bakewells I throw down the gauntlet in a challenge.....

cowboy from hell
29th Jul 2002, 18:51
I think the meaning of life is as unique as the individual asking the question. There is no single answere, it varies depending on the person. I personally believe there is no meaning and I don't mean that in a bleak, 'gloom & doom' kind of way. I think we should live to our fullest potential for our own peace of mind. I also think we should follow the "do unto your neighbor" principle. This is not from a religious aspect but more from a "don't wrong me because I did nothing to you" standpoint. If I had to make up a meaning on the spot I would probalbly say that one should walk carefully in life because you will have it on your conscience. Man, I almost sound as if I have morals, lol !!!

AngieCroft
29th Jul 2002, 21:52
@cowboy from hell:
My english is not very good, but i think you are right. I don't know if we are all "fallen from light" but i think we are (mankind) all "born in shadow". So we are born in a world of "chaos". Now we got 2 choices: We could bring in order and repair or we destroy..........it depends on our childhood, on our mind and hearts. It is a very difficult thing and very complex. But the old "Love and Peace "-thing rules for every living that wanna exist in universe.......if we ignore this.....we end like "Atlantis"!!!!!!!!

AngieCroft
29th Jul 2002, 22:04
@Cyber_Punk_303:
Yes! I dont feel ashamed, when i say, i wish sometimes i could live like lara....to have her house, her money and to save the world!
I don't like to make her mistake like in tombraider4, but it would be great to be unbreakable and stop all evil beeing on this world.
I hate injustice! , thats why i want to be strong as lara.

cowboy from hell
30th Jul 2002, 03:18
Originally posted by AngieCroft
@Cyber_Punk_303:
Yes! I dont feel ashamed, when i say, i wish sometimes i could live like lara....to have her house, her money and to save the world!
I don't like to make her mistake like in tombraider4, but it would be great to be unbreakable and stop all evil beeing on this world.
I hate injustice! , thats why i want to be strong as lara.

This is beautifully written. I feel good reading it. Thanks!

THE True Lara
30th Jul 2002, 07:56

Which bit? The bakewells or the electricity?

If its the bakewells I throw down the gauntlet in a challenge.....

All of it :D
-including the comic book/ movie franchise bit ;) (though a friend already made in a super hero in a comic strip :D shame it's not a published one....)
Hey, did you know they've invented Cherry Bakewell biscuits! Taste just like the real thing, but you can eat them faster! :D But please don't throw anymore gauntlets, the last one actually hit me! :( ;)

DaveJ
31st Jul 2002, 07:30
Cherry Bakewell biccies?
BLASPHEMY!!!!

Prelude
31st Jul 2002, 07:43
My meaning of life:

A nice shiny wax (cream cakes) Petrol or as you guys say Gasoline (Beer) and a good thorough service! (mm, no explanation required on that one I think)

DaveJ
31st Jul 2002, 09:20
A good lube job is always welcome......

Data
31st Jul 2002, 20:09
A good lube job is always welcome......

May I order one of those...............

Data
31st Jul 2002, 20:15
The meaning of my life?....... Hmm, I guess the meaning of my life would be to understand, however in order to understand, I need simply change my programming; is it any more difficult in human terms? :confused:

THE True Lara
1st Aug 2002, 09:13
Depends on which sci-fi show you live in......

Cyber_Punk_303
2nd Aug 2002, 03:18
That's the whole point... We all have a bit of Lara in all of us. We all have untapped potential...

We can make a difference in life... In the world. I think life is all about perception. Depending on how you see the world, anything is possible!!!

I like alternative lifestyles... I believe in what Lara does. Society is so currupt, and we live in a place that defines us, we all have the impression that we can't do anything. Look at the ppl who get pissed at our view at girls thanks to models... Ppl percieve models as perfection, but if they just percieved everyone as perfection, life would be PERFECT!!!

I believe ancient cultures and civilizations where way more in touch with themselves, and with life, and with the world in general. OUr society seems to have broken the balance.

We should all take a plane one day to another country and see the difference. We could learn so much about ourselves if we weren't so afraid of change.

Angie Croft: I hate injustice too. It get's my blood boiling. I hope to be part of something where i can fight injustice one day. The scary thing about the world is that evil does exist.

AmO
2nd Aug 2002, 06:56
yes, well i like what Rose said, but i live my life by how many chocolate chip cookies i can eat at one sitting.

LARAMANIAC
2nd Aug 2002, 12:31
Originally posted by cowboy from hell
I think the meaning of life is as unique as the individual asking the question. There is no single answere, it varies depending on the person. I personally believe there is no meaning and I don't mean that in a bleak, 'gloom & doom' kind of way. I think we should live to our fullest potential for our own peace of mind. I also think we should follow the "do unto your neighbor" principle. This is not from a religious aspect but more from a "don't wrong me because I did nothing to you" standpoint. If I had to make up a meaning on the spot I would probalbly say that one should walk carefully in life because you will have it on your conscience. Man, I almost sound as if I have morals, lol !!!

cowboy from hell I totally agree with you. I believe in Karma - what goes around finally comes around, and I try to base my life's actions on this. The riches in my life are my family and friends and I have no ambition for material wealth!! I try to treat others as I would want them to treat me, and I believe that I am basically a kind and thoughtful person (well I try my best to be)!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/soothe.gif

Marcus T
5th Aug 2002, 11:28
I'm here to learn, to gather experiences through life, and hope to teach others what I've learned. Sounds a bit "deep" maybe... but that sums it up :)

DJ Tech
6th Aug 2002, 19:45
I thought the meaning of life, the universe, and everything was 42..... :D

cowboy from hell
8th Aug 2002, 03:14
Originally posted by DJ Tech
I thought the meaning of life, the universe, and everything was 42..... :D

Seems like I read that before! Is that Asimov?:)

Kat
8th Aug 2002, 13:55
My main concern in this life is pure and simple revenge upon my husband, to see how many chocolate poptarts I can engorge myself on in one day, to cure cancer, and oh, establish world peace.

now on to how i really live my life: make the hubby's life hell, engorge myself on chocolate poptarts, reak havoc in this world as it's only a temporary resting place for me, and to sleep longer than my cat does.

CatSuit&Ponytail
8th Aug 2002, 14:05
Originally posted by Kat
...and to sleep longer than my cat does.

:eek: WOAH KAT! You are hardcore!! ;) :D hehehehe!

GoranAgar
8th Aug 2002, 14:26

Seems like I read that before! Is that Asimov?:)
Adams

Kat
8th Aug 2002, 14:51
Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail

:eek: WOAH KAT! You are hardcore!! ;) :D hehehehe!

hey, when I was sick all last week, I actually beat him at sleeping. He kept coming in and getting on the bed and sniffing me to make sure I was alive I think :D

THE True Lara
8th Aug 2002, 17:32
Originally posted by GoranAgar
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like I read that before! Is that Asimov?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adams

Ahhhh, Douglas, what a modern genius he was. If only everything were as simple and serindipitious as a bable fish :)
Personally I never travel anywhere without a towel thanks to him. ;)

P.S. love the banner Goran.

Marcus T
9th Aug 2002, 11:52
Adams sure wrote some cool stuff. From what I know, he was working on yet another Hitchhiker sequel...

THE True Lara
9th Aug 2002, 16:07
When he died he was in the US working on the script for a possible Hitch Hiker movie.

-Personally though, I don't care how many special effects they put into it, it won't be better than the 80's Tv version ;)

LARAMANIAC
9th Aug 2002, 16:32
WOW - I have the complete Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy on video - somewhere!!!! That TV series was faaaantastic!!!!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

Marcus T
10th Aug 2002, 01:38
I never saw it... sounds interesting :)