PDA

View Full Version : Catman's spoiler tool

Peter_Smith
28th Jul 2002, 00:35
Some of you have been asking for an automatic method to indicate "spoiler", such as found at TTLG. This automatic procedure has not been done in the Eidos forums because Eidos doesn't want to mess with vBulletin's coding. Catman, a moderator at the Deus EX forum, has hacked together a web page that provides a tool for making hidden text such as used at TTLG. Although I personally don't like hidden text, I offer it up for your consideration.

Here is a link to it: Catman's Spoiler Tool (http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/cps/spoiler.html).

Here is an example of using the tool (I hope).

<span style='font-size:8pt; margin-left:15px; background-color:red; color:yellow; font-weight:bold; padding:2px 2px 2px 2px;'>Spoiler:</span><div style='color:midnightblue; background-color:midnightblue; width:600px; margin-top:5px; margin-left:15px; padding:2px 2px 2px 2px;'>Testing Catman's spoiler tool</div>

Frankly, I think that hidden text can be overdone, and I believe that it is overdone at TTLG. I think they make posts hard to read. People who ask questions should want to read the answers, and people who read such questions should realize that spoilers will be present. It's your choice whether or not to use this method. There is no requirement to do so, and there will be no chastisement for failing to do so, so long as I am moderating.:)

Let me know what you think of this and whether you want this information integrated into our FAQ page. You can make your own link to it in your browser's bookmarks or favorites.

TRoosevelt_26
28th Jul 2002, 00:40
Looks good!