PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Original Boxed Thief II in a shop!



Zaccheus
27th Jul 2002, 13:40
I just got an original boxed copy of Thief II at a shop called "Games" here in the UK.

It only cost 10 british pounds (15 US dollars).

Now I really must finish ThiefGold.
:)

BrokenArts
27th Jul 2002, 14:16
Hey good deal. :) I found T2 at Electronic Boutique for $14.99. Last Xmas. Saw it and had to have it as well. Nice to have a back up copy.
Now, go finish gold!

littlek
27th Jul 2002, 15:11
Some people have all the luck :(

theBlackman
27th Jul 2002, 17:34
Originally posted by littlek
Some people have all the luck :(

Misplaced your EM. Contact me re T2 ( I thought you had it)

Zaccheus
28th Jul 2002, 10:09
Originally posted by BrokenArts
Now, go finish gold!

He he - I've finally found those silly glasses in the mage's towers' library.

I was starting to doubt myself.
:rolleyes:

BrokenArts
28th Jul 2002, 14:28
So..now you can finish.........right? :D Don't doubt yourself, just play! You'll get there. Ohhh those glasses, did ya need them for reading, so you could finish the level? :o :p :rolleyes:

RiCh
28th Jul 2002, 15:13
Zaccheus? No way! You make a FM before you actually finish the main game? What’s up with that? :D BTW I saw T2 in ‘Game’ for £4.99 not to long ago! I nearly brought it as mines sooooooo scratched now I’m amazed it still works!

Zaccheus
28th Jul 2002, 17:03
Originally posted by RiCh
Zaccheus? No way! You make a FM before you actually finish the main game? What’s up with that? :D BTW I saw T2 in ‘Game’ for £4.99 not to long ago! I nearly brought it as mines sooooooo scratched now I’m amazed it still works!

I've never done all of ThiefGold on Expert. I did TDP back in '99.
:)

The version for 4.99 is the platinum edition in the white DVD style box with manual on the CD, right?
But this is the original Thief II box, with printed manual.
It even still has adverts for UEFA'99 and other ancient games inside!!!

Zaccheus
28th Jul 2002, 17:10
Originally posted by BrokenArts
So..now you can finish.........right? :D Don't doubt yourself, just play! You'll get there. Ohhh those glasses, did ya need them for reading, so you could finish the level? :o :p :rolleyes:

Perhaps.
:D

I just kept wondering where those glasses were and why that texture was so badly aligned on one of the walls, and didn't make the connection.
:rolleyes:

littlek
29th Jul 2002, 17:30
Originally posted by theBlackman


Misplaced your EM. Contact me re T2 ( I thought you had it)

Thanks tBM but I do have a copy. I always keep a lookout for the games to have a backup in case mine breaks. I hope when T3 comes out, they'll re-release TGold and T2.

Tin Star
30th Jul 2002, 08:20
You can find both games for sell at www.action games.com.
Thief II is $14.95 and Thief Gold is $24.95 .

:) Tin Star

RiCh
30th Jul 2002, 18:34
Originally posted by Zaccheus




The version for 4.99 is the platinum edition in the white DVD style box with manual on the CD, right?
But this is the original Thief II box, with printed manual.


Yes, your correct.........aaahhh the Original boxed version! Brings a tear to your eye :D I remember the days when PC game boxes were as big as houses and twice as heavy!!! Not like the ones you get nowadays, these fancy lardy da DVD cases! :rolleyes:
I liked the old PC boxes I use them to insulate my loft :D