PDA

View Full Version : soul reaver figures

chuffy
27th Jul 2002, 12:46
does any one know when the Lt. Raziel figure comes out to buy. Everywhere i look it just says coming soon.

chuffy

KainSyndrome101
27th Jul 2002, 17:46
The only thing I've seen is a picture of the toy itself. It has a sword, a wicked looking scythe, and a shield with the Raziel clan symbol on it. Oh, and he has the wings too. He looks fricken awesome.

It'll probably come out in the Fall.

blincoln
27th Jul 2002, 18:41
It was supposed to be out by now, but isn't. I would also guess sometime in the fall.

Sue in UK
27th Jul 2002, 20:01
I've contacted BBI who makes them 3 times now - under my 2 personal and 1 official (work) e-mail addies to nag them and all I ever get is "it's in the pipeline and all in due course" kinda thing. I've seen the pic and have to make do with a nice copy of it for now ... but it sure looks good :) - and Raz sure looks droolworthy ;)

Reaver of Souls
27th Jul 2002, 21:27
Can someone post a pic, or a link to it for us poor underpriveliged poeple here please?

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jul 2002, 00:15
Blue Box Toys International (http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi/F_bbi.html)

Enjoy!

KainSyndrome101
28th Jul 2002, 04:24
Actually, that's just a 3-D render. The one I saw was the actual model. It was on the back of one of the newly packaged figures.

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jul 2002, 04:42
To be honest I didn't look at the site. The last time I did, they had the picture from the back of the figure box on it. (The actual figure).
I wonder if they are planning on changing his design at all.

KainSyndrome101
28th Jul 2002, 05:49
They used to have the actual model? Guess I must've missed it.

blincoln
28th Jul 2002, 07:09
AFAIK the main site has never had a picture of the prototype on it. I have one on an archive CD somewhere, but can't find it. If you look in this thread on NR though: http://pub6.ezboard.com/fnosgothlegacyofkain.showMessage?topicID=3357.topic The Winged Vampire has a small version of it as his avatar.

Umah Bloodomen
28th Jul 2002, 07:52
I should have phrased my last statement like this:

The site had the picture of the actual figure (from the back of my toy's box) on it.

Sorry about that. [wink smiley omitted because it may be construed as "sad" and/or "pathetic"]

KainSyndrome101
28th Jul 2002, 08:03
Yep, that's it.

chuffy
28th Jul 2002, 16:13
I've got Kain. And Raziel is on the way. Not to sure if i'm going to get Dumah but, i am diffently getting Lt. Raziel. He looks so sexy. By far the best looking character in the LOK series (despite what Umah said in one of the other threads Raziel rocks my world. I'm not sue how any one can find Kain sexy?).

chuffy

Sue in UK
28th Jul 2002, 18:40
.... go here

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fnosgothtavern.showMessageRange?topicID=4023.topic&start=41&stop=60

I was replying to the LOK fanfic installment and asked TWV if he would mind sharing a large version of his image - and he did :)

The thread there was kinda running wild and it was my first posting on that forum and thought some of my comments may have been a bit overboard - his thread had been hijacked somewhat with images of Kain in a pink bikini .... that was sooooo funny LMAO! I was too shy to point out I had discovered an "interesting" image of Lt Raz in a black leather thong ...

:P

Rook
28th Jul 2002, 18:58
Originally posted by chuffy
(despite what Umah said in one of the other threads Raziel rocks my world. I'm not sue how any one can find Kain sexy?).

chuffy

I dunno, I think their both pretty tasty, myself... :D

Actually, I think I do have a bit of a preference for Raz, but that's probably because the Soul Reaver series was my introduction to LoK, so he'll always be my first love.

Just between you, me, and the rest of the forum-reading world, I even thought green Kain was kinda pretty...Ok, so I'm a little kinked up...

:D

Uggabugg
28th Jul 2002, 19:09
just saw the ltraziel picture...im...just gonna go faint a little....
thats a wiced looking scythe. :drool:

Rook
28th Jul 2002, 19:29
I'm just wondering if they are planning on changing the design for him or something. I used to be able to find pictures of the Lt Raz figure "Coming Soon" on just about any site that sold the LoK figures. Now I can't even find images of it anywhere (aside from the pics in this thread)! It's freakin weird...

KainSyndrome101
28th Jul 2002, 19:37
They better not change the design. He looks great the way he is.

Rook
28th Jul 2002, 19:48
No kidding! He looks perfect as is! If they change him at all, they'll likely screw him all up.

Gad, I hope they don't go fiddling with his design!:eek:

Sue in UK
28th Jul 2002, 19:57
... it looks really good as is. I noticed on the back of the box my blue Raz came in Lt Raz even had a production # *shrugs* I wonder if we might somehow see more of Lt Raz in SR3 (not sure how) and that's why we're getting a Lt Raz figure - more likely the manufacturer just knows they'll make money out of it from his drooling fans morelike!

I really love that red cape (wonder if it has his symbol on it?) and those WINGS ....! now I'm sounding like WV!

Are you on this forum WV?

blincoln
28th Jul 2002, 20:51
They might just be waiting until they've produced enough of another figure so that they can replace its assembly line with the one for the Raziel figure.
Also, they might still be figuring out the best production process for it. The photo is of a one-off prototype, so they need to figure out how to make the real thing look as nice as possible and not take weeks to make =).

KainSyndrome101
28th Jul 2002, 20:52
The weapons he has might foreshadow a return to the Soul Reaver era, when Lt. Raziel is still alive and serving Kain. It would be awesome if we got to use those weapons.

darien_specter
28th Jul 2002, 22:58
That fanfic is hilarious, too... just wish it could be distilled onto a website somewhere or something like that... though some of these sick sexual obsessions are beginning to freak me out, man... :eek: ;)

Reaver of Souls
28th Jul 2002, 23:50
First, thanx for the pictures :D :D , and second i've got to agree with darien_specter here, these "sexual obsessions" are getting kinda weird.... ;)

Rook
29th Jul 2002, 00:34
Hey, it keeps the conversation spicy!

Ranmyaku
29th Jul 2002, 01:28
Yeah, I sorta like Raz, but I like Kain better. I have my Kain action figure resting on my nightstand actually. :)

Yes, go on about Lieutenant Raziel action figure, while I shall wait for the Lieutenant Dumah one. *drools*

blincoln
29th Jul 2002, 02:24
I very much doubt that the figure has any bearing on the series, other than being based on Raziel as he appears in the SR1 intro. I mean, come on, BBI can't even figure out which boss number Dumah is, and they put Raziel's clan symbol on the Kain figure. I really like the toys, but I wouldn't take them too seriously either =).

Umah Bloodomen
29th Jul 2002, 02:34
Originally posted by blincoln
I very much doubt that the figure has any bearing on the series, other than being based on Raziel as he appears in the SR1 intro. I mean, come on, BBI can't even figure out which boss number Dumah is, and they put Raziel's clan symbol on the Kain figure. I really like the toys, but I wouldn't take them too seriously either =).

LOL. Did they really? I am looking at my Kain right now...where's the symbol?

blincoln
29th Jul 2002, 03:44
On the cape/tabbard/banner thing he wears over his shoulder =). Maybe they fixed it on later versions, but it's Raziel's on mine.

Rook
29th Jul 2002, 03:50
It's got Raz's symbol on all of mine, too. And I never even noticed it until now! :eek: :o

blincoln
29th Jul 2002, 03:55
Here's a comparison between the figure and the Genuine Article(tm):

http://www.peak.sfu.ca/~blincoln/Kain_Figure.JPG

It's actually a very simplified Raziel clan symbol, even. Maybe they thought it was just some kind of generic "Soul Reaver" thing?

Ranmyaku
29th Jul 2002, 03:58
*shrugs* I did sorta wonder about the symbol on Kain, but I still want the L. Dumah one.

Umah Bloodomen
29th Jul 2002, 04:10
I have a question...do all of you have the Kain with the force lightning crap? And the Throne?

Rook
29th Jul 2002, 04:11
Ok, if Lt Dumah ends up with Raz's clan symbol on him......:rolleyes:

Actually, the Lt Dumah figure does look pretty freakin cool!! Wonder when he's supposed to come out...

Edit: Yep, one of my Kains has the "lightning crap":D and throne. The other two are just the figures.

Ranmyaku
29th Jul 2002, 04:51
I do! Kain with his purple lightning schuff. And I gots Raziel with his greenish yellow neon 'souls'. :p

If Lt. Dumah does end up with the Razielim symbol I'll have to haul out my sword and do some headhunting. *evil grin* My severed head collection could use a few new donations. ^_^

blincoln
29th Jul 2002, 05:14
My Kain figure is Palpatine Power-enabled as well.

Umah Bloodomen
29th Jul 2002, 06:09
Hmm...I only have the regular figure. I saw on the site they are selling only the deluxe. I wonder if I picked up what would now be considered a variant or rarity.

Sue in UK
29th Jul 2002, 06:56
<<They might just be waiting until they've produced enough of another figure so that they can replace its assembly line with the one for the Raziel figure. >>

That could well be - makes sense really. Plus I've noticed that GKW are auctioning off their SR Raziels really cheaply on ebay - maybe to clear them out before the new stock arrives. It would seem the Lt Raz figure has been in the pipeline for absolutely ages - as CYtoys said they've been pestering BBI for 18 months now and STILL have no estimated date.

As for the weird fetishes - yeah they are kinda weird. I found the pink bikini thing nothing more than amusing - from what I can remember it was drawn on. But the other one I found (amazing what you discover going through various site links during a boring day at work) - although admittedly seeing a computer game character portrayed in that fashion was somewhat of a shock/surprise - the actual drawing itself was very well done by the artist. From what I remember it was basically black and white and lots of shading.

I guess its kinda strange anyway getting all excited of what basically is little more than a loada multi-colored pixels on a computer/PS screen :D - but then - look at the attention Boob Raider had - my hubby used to always pick up the game just to look at Lara - but when I bought it for him he just wasn't interested in playing computer games. So it ended up that was the first RPG game I played :)

There we go - I've rambled again!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Sue in UK
29th Jul 2002, 07:18
not fair!! Seems I have just the ordinary one too - my Raz isn't on a stand (though I knew that when I ordered it from GKW) - he comes with just a pike and flame torch ...

so what else does the deluxe version have?

Rook
29th Jul 2002, 07:29
The deluxe version has the torch, pike, stand, souls, and (of course!) our favorite vamp-wraith himself!

The dude is just toooo cool!

KainSyndrome101
29th Jul 2002, 07:34
It's not really a "deluxe" version. It's just the version that was first released. Good thing I have it.

Sue in UK
29th Jul 2002, 09:28
... at least I got the most important part I suppose - the little guy himself. Not worth getting another version just for souls I guess, even if it was because it was the first one out. Someone on nosgothic realm managed to get one with an actual soul reaver ... now THAT would be worthing getting.

One thing that annoys me (I guess it's because mine doesn't have the stand) is that he keeps falling over!

*glares at Raz lying prostrate on the floor once AGAIN*

blincoln
29th Jul 2002, 15:49
The Kain figure comes with the material Soul Reaver sword. It's pretty cool, but the colour is all silver, instead of the greenish look in the SR games.
There was supposed to be a "Spectral World Raziel" that came with the wraith blade, but it doesn't seem to have ever come out. Probably because people weren't willing to buy the same figure twice for a 2.5" piece of green plastic =). It's too bad, because the prototype shots made it look like the colouring and wings on that version were different.

Rook
30th Jul 2002, 07:21
Originally posted by blincoln

There was supposed to be a "Spectral World Raziel" that came with the wraith blade, but it doesn't seem to have ever come out. Probably because people weren't willing to buy the same figure twice for a 2.5" piece of green plastic =). It's too bad, because the prototype shots made it look like the colouring and wings on that version were different.

I'd buy it! In fact, I'd buy 3 of em!! :D

blincoln
30th Jul 2002, 08:16
Whoa, you are hardcore, Rook =). I'd buy one, but just one. I don't even have room to display the ones I've got.

Rook
30th Jul 2002, 08:26
Yes, I am an LoK freak! So far, the only action figure I don't have multiples of is Dumah, and I may just get another one of him!!

You'd laugh if you knew just how much I was ready and willing to spend just to get the Raz watch off of Ebay. (I did get my hands on one, by the way.) Just think of a big number, and you're probably pretty close.:D

blincoln
30th Jul 2002, 09:23
Hehe, well, I would have too if I hadn't been able to get them from CyToys.

Lackey
1st Aug 2002, 22:32
Originally posted by Sue in UK
not fair!! Seems I have just the ordinary one too - my Raz isn't on a stand (though I knew that when I ordered it from GKW) - he comes with just a pike and flame torch ...

so what else does the deluxe version have?

Oh if only I had even the standard figure I would be so happy. I've looked and looked for ages but I can't seem to get them from anywhere in the UK. Its so depressing!

So my question to you Sue, as you seem to be from the UK too, hence the name, is: Where exactly did you get yours? What is GKW? Do you have an address, Tel or website for them? I will be eternally grateful for any help you can give me!

Sue in UK
2nd Aug 2002, 06:58
http://www.gkworld.com

It's based in the UK - when I wanted Raz I couldn't find anywhere in the UK that sold him at that time. So I ordered through GKW - even though the P+P cost the same amount as I paid for him - the whole lot came to about $20. It took a long time to get here I thought it had got lost - but arrived after about 4 weeks. But I was used to long waits as I've waited for ages for WWF stuff too ...

There are other places like cytoys that do him - but they charge more.

Hope this helps - I'm off on holiday now - just grabbing my last half hour on the internet before I'm dragged screaming out the door ...

BTW - if you find anywhere that DOES sell in the UK - can you let me know as I want Kain now ;)

Lackey
2nd Aug 2002, 13:41
Thank you so much Sue. (I know you won't be reading this as you are probably on hoilday by now, but it needs to be said.)

Now all I need to do is pluck up the courage to order it. Knowing my luck I'll probably be charged import tax as well, which will make it one expensive toy. Maybe I'll just wait and beg my sister to get it when she goes to the US next year.

chuffy
2nd Aug 2002, 14:01
try ebay or one of the uk auctions. they sell them new and cheaper. gkworld.com is on ebay selling and they dont charge as much to send them.

chuffy

Lackey
2nd Aug 2002, 14:07
Thanks for the tip.

I've been on E-bay a few times and always I get there just as the auction has ended, but I'll keep trying.

Sue in UK
10th Aug 2002, 15:08
Hi Lackey

I'm back :)

regarding the import duty - you shouldn't have to pay that as the toy doesn't cost more than UK£18. In fact I phoned up and ordered (the website was a pain in the *** at the time) and the guy I spoke to said he'd mark it up for $9 ...

I studied import duty a lot after being charged a fortune for some WWF t-shirts I ordered ages ago ... I just wasn't aware of it (yeah, I know I'm a dumbass!).

Incidentally no import duty is chargeable on books from the US ... not really what you want but maybe interesting in the future.

Sue

chuffy
13th Aug 2002, 15:40
i'm really %^@£"# off i got a Raziel figure from GKworld and the picture that they had in the description was the "delux" version. With the stand and souls. But when i got it was just the normal one. BAH! When i asked them about they said "we are sorry for the mix up but the picture was old"
I wanted souls to complete my battle scene.

On the upside i won Dumah in an auction and he is on the way :D

chuffy

darien_specter
13th Aug 2002, 18:16
chuffy that new sig is FANTASTIC! :D

KainSyndrome101
13th Aug 2002, 21:52
I just noticed it. Great job chuffy!

chuffy
14th Aug 2002, 13:28
i feel all warm inside :)

chuffy