PDA

View Full Version : Lara finds Von Croy's glasses?

Godfather
27th Jul 2002, 11:36
In TRLR Lara Croft finds some broken glasses of Werner Von Croy. What is their purpose? :confused:

TechImmortal
27th Jul 2002, 12:39
SPOILER warning, highlight the below to read it if you've finished TRLR:

I always thought that was an indication that he had been completely taken over at that point, by something (namely, Set) with the power to fix Von Croy's body, or bend it to its will, so that glasses were no longer necessary. That's just what ran through my mind when I saw those broken glasses.

ShirleyC
27th Jul 2002, 15:43
I didn't think there was a reason for the glasses. Guess I'd better check this out! :)
Shirley

The highlighting thing is great. How do you do it.

the_internet_king
27th Jul 2002, 17:25
i recan that they are there 2 show lara on the game were he went 2 or not..........:eek:

TechImmortal
29th Jul 2002, 07:33
Originally posted by ShirleyC
The highlighting thing is great. How do you do it.

By surrounding the text with the color tags (see the vB code help for details) and using white or silver for the color.

Some boards have "spoiler" tags that do the same thing, but I couldn't find one here.

Funny this should come up. Catman, the Deus Ex moderator for these forums has just created a tool for posting spoilers. Go here (http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/cps/spoiler.html) and follow the directions.

Catman
29th Jul 2002, 13:55
Unfortunately, that particular tool will not work everywhere in these forums.

http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/cps/ted/tedsad.gif

I'll try whipping up something a little more universal.

RebeL_fARmeR
29th Jul 2002, 14:12
Broken glasses? I never found any broken glasses!!!

Glory! Where are these glasses because I really wanna find 'em now! I'm working my way through TRLR at the moment and I'm at Alexandria, have I gone past them because I wanna look for them!

cowboy from hell
29th Jul 2002, 14:34
I checked on this in several places a couple of months ago. I bought and played the game when it came out and thought that I had messed up when I didn't find a use for the glasses. Every FAQ and walkthrough said that it was just an indicator of Von Croy's presence.

RebeL_fARmeR
30th Jul 2002, 19:48
Pleeeeeeeeeeease tell me, where are VonCroy's glasses??? I really don't know what you're all talking about as I never found any glasses in TRLR.
So, you can pick 'em up or what? I'm confused! :confused:

cowboy from hell
30th Jul 2002, 20:36
Originally posted by RebeL_fARmeR
Pleeeeeeeeeeease tell me, where are VonCroy's glasses??? I really don't know what you're all talking about as I never found any glasses in TRLR.
So, you can pick 'em up or what? I'm confused! :confused:

Do you rember when you finally finished The Lost Library and exited through the secret wall panel? You were then put into a square stone room with a ladder leading straight up to get back to the Coastal Ruins. The glasses were very hard to see at the bottom of the ladder on the ground!

Lil Lara
30th Jul 2002, 20:39
OH. that's odd. Heh.. I don't think I ever picked them up..were they important?

cowboy from hell
30th Jul 2002, 22:48
Originally posted by Lil Lara
OH. that's odd. Heh.. I don't think I ever picked them up..were they important?

Not at all. They were just there as a conversation piece. It was just to show you that Von Croy had been present I'm guessing.

Godfather
31st Jul 2002, 06:34
Originally posted by cowboy from hell

Not at all. They were just there as a conversation piece. It was just to show you that Von Croy had been present I'm guessing.

Or (as someone else on this forum stated) to prove to you that he had finally been totally taken over by Seth, so that he didn't need his glasses anymore as a ?physical? proof instead of merely a ?mental? proof. Gosh, this is deep, ain't it?

cowboy from hell
31st Jul 2002, 14:24
Originally posted by Godfather

Or (as someone else on this forum stated) to prove to you that he had finally been totally taken over by Seth, so that he didn't need his glasses anymore as a ?physical? proof instead of merely a ?mental? proof. Gosh, this is deep, ain't it?

Hey! I like your explanation better.:D

Godfather
31st Jul 2002, 20:49
Originally posted by cowboy from hell

Hey! I like your explanation better.:D

Thanks, but frankly: it wasn't my idea!

C ya later! I'm gonna go continue to watch Se7en on DVD!

RebeL_fARmeR
1st Aug 2002, 19:59
Hmm, I kinda know where you mean... But rather than pick up the glasses I'd like to step on them and slowly crush them into the floor because VONCROY IS A JERK, MAN!

I'm miles away from there... oh well, better keep working on it! :D