PDA

View Full Version : TR-TLR - Trenches

dingers
27th Jul 2002, 11:00
Can anyone help. I'm at the start of the trenches, and am trying to get past the machine gun. I've worked out to get the thing pointing the other way but don't seem to be able to disable it. I've tried explosive crossbows, pistols, shot gun, grenades - nothing works. I'm on a PC version Win ME if that helps anyone.

eTux
27th Jul 2002, 13:08
When you get it to pint elsewhere, then go carefully so that you can see it's back. Take out the Revolver + Lasersight and aim to the white cannister on the back of it, when you shoot it, the Sentry gun explodes.

CyCro
27th Jul 2002, 13:10
You can't disable the machine gun from the ground. Just ignore it for now and explore, taking care not to be killed. BTW, which machine gun are you refering to?

dingers
27th Jul 2002, 13:20
Thanks guys.
I can't combine the laser sight with my revolver - maybe that's part of the problem.
The machine gun I'm talking about is the very first one - you crouch behind some boxes and crawl around to a hole in the wall to get it to face that way and then crawl back to come up behind it.

eTux
27th Jul 2002, 13:26
Originally posted by dingers
Thanks guys.
I can't combine the laser sight with my revolver - maybe that's part of the problem.
The machine gun I'm talking about is the very first one - you crouch behind some boxes and crawl around to a hole in the wall to get it to face that way and then crawl back to come up behind it.

You could use the lasersight bug then - combine the lasersight with your crossbow and when you aim at the cannister press 1 (the pistol hotkey) now you can use the lasersight with unlimited ammo :) I'm not sure if you can destroy the sentry guns with the crossbow though :confused:

dingers
27th Jul 2002, 14:11
Man I wish I'd asked you 6 hours ago. 1000 thanks

CyCro
27th Jul 2002, 16:18
Originally posted by dingers

If you have combined it with the crossbow, you must first separate the laser sight and then try to combine it with the revolver. You're gonna need it later and the bug is too slow...
:)

Good luck!